Places of Worship Now Essential Service

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

You don't even know what religion is..

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.

I wonder if they’re able to figure out who had it first?

singing while you have the coronavirus is like using a humidifier to spread the disease.

it’s like atomized everywhere.
Then don't go to church...it's that simple! No one is forcing you to come out of your safe space to attend any church services or sing in a choir. :rolleyes:

I’m not complaining about anybody going to church. If they want to go to church go ahead. I don’t care. In fact, they may even be praying to the wrong God. I don’t believe Donald Trump and Jesus Christ have the same ideas about what is good and what isn’t. I think Republicans believe more than Donald Trump than they do Jesus.
I’m being serious. I think Republicans would have more luck praying to Trump than they would Jesus. From everything Jesus says in the Bible, Jesus would reject Trump and Trump would most definitely reject Jesus.

Trump has referred to himself on more than one occasion as “the chosen one“ and evangelicals insist he was sent by God. I believe them.

1590182795734.jpeg

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.

You Protestant..

You guys could worship the Lord in a cardboard box, I like cathedrals

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?

People should be able to have a place of worship...just as long as these churches provide safety and follow guidelines.
Trump did say that he would leave reopening up the economy to the governors. But apparently, some of these blue state governors rather keep the lockdown longer. For what? Oh yeah, because if you keep the lockdown intact...people can't go places. People cannot buy anything. And people can't go to places they worship.
Yeah. That's the reason. It has nothing to do with health and safety.

The development of your logic hit a brick wall sometime before your sixth birthday.

You Protestant..

Actually, I'm not. Most of the beliefs that I have today I've gotten from various other belief systems such as Judaism, Christianity, and Tao.

Donald Plump punts on the responsibility to provide a coherent national response to the contagion. But he wants to rake credit for the happy fun times.

He is no leader. He is merely the Huckster-in-Chief.
You're a liar. 1st amendment trumps these bullshit decrees.

Look around folks, take note of all the America haters remarks.

Religious freedom comes to mind

...and your long blonde hair from behind reminds him of a white women.

Donald Plump punts on the responsibility to provide a coherent national response to the contagion. But he wants to rake credit for the happy fun times.

He is no leader. He is merely the Huckster-in-Chief.
Pecking order for decision to open

1. State and local authorities
2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President

singing while you have the coronavirus is like using a humidifier to spread the disease.

While the Left go change their underwear the rest of you can read this.

President Trump makes sense here, definitely. Why are Pot Pushers and Abortuaries considered to be "essential" but worshipping Almighty God is not? BTW, no church is REQUIRED to open

Marijuana is considered essential because it is medically necessary for some people. I can tell you that you can get almost the same pain relief from various strains that you can get from pharmaceuticals, but without all the side effect they usually come with.

Matter of fact, marijuana has been show to be an effective treatment for those with substance abuse problems such as opiates or alcohol.

Then don't go to church...it's that simple! No one is forcing you to come out of your safe space to attend any church services or sing in a choir. :rolleyes:

I’m not complaining about anybody going to church. If they want to go to church go ahead. I don’t care. In fact, they may even be praying to the wrong God. I don’t believe Donald Trump and Jesus Christ have the same ideas about what is good and what isn’t. I think Republicans believe more than Donald Trump than they do Jesus.
I’m being serious. I think Republicans would have more luck praying to Trump than they would Jesus. From everything Jesus says in the Bible, Jesus would reject Trump and Trump would most definitely reject Jesus.

Trump has referred to himself on more than one occasion as “the chosen one“ and evangelicals insist he was sent by God. I believe them.

View attachment 339634

You Protestant..

Actually, I'm not. Most of the beliefs that I have today I've gotten from various other belief systems such as Judaism, Christianity, and Tao.
church lady.gif

Pecking order for decision to open

1. State and local authorities
2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President
Why would "President" even be on the list? He has no authority whatsoever.

He doesn't; just thinks he does, as usual.

President Trump is just giving his opinion on the matter.

That , yes, worship of Almighty God is essential, and its time to remove Franklin Graham, John Hagee, Ernest Angley, et al from the unemployment rolls and get them back in the pulpit.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.
LMAO! You can't stand it so you keep spewing bullshit!

That , yes, worship of Almighty God is essential, and its time to remove Franklin Graham, John Hagee, Ernest Angley, et al from the unemployment rolls and get them back in the pulpit.
Yep! Them Lear jets don't buy themselves!

Yep! Them Lear jets don't buy themselves!
Just like guns, huh vermin?

Forum List

Back