patriot american gets called anti-semitic for not being Pro Israel.

Which territory are we discussing here?

The territory seized in 1967, mostly.

https://cmep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SettlementStatements.pdf

The 1967 war between Israel and Jordan is over. The Armistice line of 1949 no longer exists. It has been replaced by a treaty of peace between Israel and Jordan and the boundaries between those two States are demarcated in that peace treaty.

The Arab Palestinians were not a Party to that conflict and have no territorial rights arising from that conflict. (Please note, I am not saying that the Arab Palestinians have no rights to territory, only that their rights do not arise from a conflict between Israel and Jordan.)

Which territory are we discussing here?

The territory seized in 1967, mostly.

https://cmep.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SettlementStatements.pdf

The 1967 war between Israel and Jordan is over. The Armistice line of 1949 no longer exists. It has been replaced by a treaty of peace between Israel and Jordan and the boundaries between those two States are demarcated in that peace treaty.

The Arab Palestinians were not a Party to that conflict and have no territorial rights arising from that conflict. (Please note, I am not saying that the Arab Palestinians have no rights to territory, only that their rights do not arise from a conflict between Israel and Jordan.)

Yes, but the PLO declared independence in 1988, and set out the territory of their state as being in the West Bank. Numerous countries in the world have now recognized this state.

Yes, but the PLO declared independence in 1988, and set out the territory of their state as being in the West Bank. Numerous countries in the world have now recognized this state.

Exactly. The rights to sovereignty and territory for the Arab Palestinians arise out of the principle of self-determination.

But which land is Israeli sovereign territory and which is Palestinian sovereign territory? The answer is: we don't know yet. We don't know for two reasons. 1. The State of Palestine doesn't quite exist yet. 2. Borders can only be determined between Israel and a future State of Palestine by treaty as part of the final status negotiations.

But then that begs the question: Are we talking the about the occupation of the West Bank or are we talking about all of Israel? That point needs to be clearly defined. And until it is, the issues can never be resolved, once and for all.

I agree. Neither side is really negotiating in good faith. The Palestinians want nothing less than the elimination of Israel. The Zionists want to keep the Occupied Territories under their thumb. This is why the two-state solution, while it might make sense on a logical level, probably can't happen.

But one more time, why is this AMERICA'S problem? To the degree that if Rep. Ihlan even SUGGESTS the Zionists have undue influence, why we need congressional resolutions to denounce that shit.

But one more time, why is this AMERICA'S problem? To the degree that if Rep. Ihlan even SUGGESTS the Zionists have undue influence, why we need congressional resolutions to denounce that shit.

Exactly. Good post, man.

We need to start talking more about America and less about other countries. We're broke.

I learned on this board that "Israel is stealing (or occupying) Palestinian land, Interesting indeed seeing as Jews were indigenous Palestinians when there were no Muslims at all let alone Muslim Palestinians. So is it not then true that Israel is stealing (or occupying) their own land? And what percentage of todays Palestinians even have a title or deed to the land they claim is theirs? Is it actually possible the overwhelming majority of todays Palestinians are but squatters for generations on Israel's land?

There is nothing illegal about building homes in territory under your control.
Oh. I thought the Geneva Conventions had something to say about that. Still, what's a ghetto or two among friends, eh?

Oh. I thought the Geneva Conventions had something to say about that. Still, what's a ghetto or two among friends, eh?

Yeah, I know what you "thought". But you obviously have no idea what the GCIV actually says and why it can't apply to the conflict in Israel. You just repeat the trite little sound bytes you hear.

And your use of the term "ghetto" red flags you. I assume you understand the origins of that word and chose it deliberately. It appears that you are one of those, already noted, who like to throw vague accusations at Israel with no sense of actual understanding of the conflict.

Turnabout is fair play.

Let's eradicate the scourge of antisemitism in the democratic party and institutions of higher learning. Let's have ourselves a good old fashioned witch hunt!

I don’t like the towel head but I think calling out jews in America is important, not in Israel but in America

It appears that you are one of those, already noted, who like to throw vague accusations at Israel with no sense of actual understanding of the conflict.
On the contrary, I admire how well the Israelis learnt their lessons. Very efficient.

Yeah, I know what you "thought". But you obviously have no idea what the GCIV actually says and why it can't apply to the conflict in Israel. You just repeat the trite little sound bytes you hear.
Moah hasbara!

MOAH!!!

Moah hasbara!

MOAH!!!

giphy.gif

The fact is that when blind supporters of Israel are confronted with objective, document, factual accounts of human rights violations by Israel, or other acts by Israel contrary to international law, they resort to the ‘anti-Semitic’ red herring fallacy in an attempt to deflect from those violations.

I feel the need to quote this again:

"...when (Israel supporters) are confronted with an objective, document(ed), factual accounts ..."

and say that objective, documented and factual accounts are SEVERELY lacking from Team Palestine on this board. Lots of vague accusations, blatant falsehoods, trite sound bytes and antisemitic canards but when it comes down to actual discussion there's ... nothing of value presented by Team Palestine.

I learned on this board that "Israel is stealing (or occupying) Palestinian land, Interesting indeed seeing as Jews were indigenous Palestinians when there were no Muslims at all let alone Muslim Palestinians. So is it not then true that Israel is stealing (or occupying) their own land?

Well, yes, this is where you are a little confused.

The Judeans who lived there thousands of years ago are the ancestors of the people who live there now. Their ancestors were converted by swordpoint, but they were the indigenous people.

Some European trash that adopted a bastardized version of their religion are not indigenous to the region. They were just invaders who got put there because other Europeans wanted them gone and killing them all was considered a bit harsh.

And what percentage of todays Palestinians even have a title or deed to the land they claim is theirs? Is it actually possible the overwhelming majority of todays Palestinians are but squatters for generations on Israel's land?

No, it wouldn't be possible at all.... you do get that colonizing someone else's land because a magic sky fairy told you to is generally considered wrong today, right?

Forum List

Back