Pastor Totally Triggered The Libs With Brilliant Sermon About Slavery

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The father of Christian reality television star Anna Duggar has drawn scathing criticism on social media for comments he made about slavery during a recent Sunday school lesson at a suburban Fort Worthchurch. Speaking at Fairpark Baptist Church in Edgecliff Village, Mike Keller compared far-right extremists who attacked the Capitol in January 2021 to enslaved Black people, who he said were freed by God because they did not protest. “Here’s what the Blacks did about 150 years ago,” Keller said. “They humbled themselves. They prayed. They sought God’s face and they turned from their wicked ways and God made slavery illegal through several white presidents. It worked, didn’t it? They didn’t protest.”

Clips of Keller’s sermon have circulated on social media, including Twitter and TikTok, where they have sparked outrage and ridicule. “This is why we need Black history in school,” one commenter wrote on Twitter. Another posted, “Gee, I wonder why slaves could not just leave the plantations to go to DC.” On Tuesday, Fairpark Baptist, which describes itself as a Christ-centered, biblically based church, apologized for the comments, saying they were hurtful and reflected a misrepresentation of racial and historical issues."

The pastor is right, in fact I will go further and say that the Jan 6th prisoners are actually being treated worse than slaves because at least the slaves were supposed to be enslaved, it was perfectly legal and dare I say, morally justified at the time that they be enslaved. There is nothing justified about the enslavement of our Jan 6th patriots. This is why the libs and the bad blacks try to push CRT and their Marxist version of history on our children instead of teaching the right, biblically ordained and truthful telling of history. The pastor is right, the blacks didn't protest slavery [Aside from the more than 250 slave revolts]; for the most part they were happy...

Truthfully, it was the blacks learning Christianity and learning how not to be so wicked and dark that granted them their freedom. They humbled themselves and paid their dues...Yes some of them were raped and murdered, yes, some of them had their children sold off, family histories erased, but they still were happy and sang songs and smiled a lot, which tells me that slavery wasn't that bad overall...and they needed to prove themselves worthy of being treated like humans, because beforehand, they were primitive savages -- at least that is what so many Dems said about them when they were drafting their articles of Secession. This is the history the Dems and the Jews don't want our children to know. God bless this pastor for being brave enough to tell the truth -- and no this isn't indoctrination because he was teaching this in a Sunday school class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, IDK that.
I always thought the blacks were freed by white American men fighting & dying by the hundreds of thousands to free them.

Just like happened in all these other countries I will list here:

Wow, IDK that.
I always thought the blacks were freed by white American men fighting & dying by the hundreds of thousands to free them.

Just like happened in all these other countries I will list here:
how were blacks freed by that when you same folks constantly tell us that the Civil War wasn't over slavery?

I wish you morons would make your mind up

"The father of Christian reality television star Anna Duggar has drawn scathing criticism on social media for comments he made about slavery during a recent Sunday school lesson at a suburban Fort Worthchurch. Speaking at Fairpark Baptist Church in Edgecliff Village, Mike Keller compared far-right extremists who attacked the Capitol in January 2021 to enslaved Black people, who he said were freed by God because they did not protest. “Here’s what the Blacks did about 150 years ago,” Keller said. “They humbled themselves. They prayed. They sought God’s face and they turned from their wicked ways and God made slavery illegal through several white presidents. It worked, didn’t it? They didn’t protest.”

Clips of Keller’s sermon have circulated on social media, including Twitter and TikTok, where they have sparked outrage and ridicule. “This is why we need Black history in school,” one commenter wrote on Twitter. Another posted, “Gee, I wonder why slaves could not just leave the plantations to go to DC.” On Tuesday, Fairpark Baptist, which describes itself as a Christ-centered, biblically based church, apologized for the comments, saying they were hurtful and reflected a misrepresentation of racial and historical issues."

The pastor is right, in fact I will go further and say that the Jan 6th prisoners are actually being treated worse than slaves because at least the slaves were supposed to be enslaved, it was perfectly legal and dare I say, morally justified at the time that they be enslaved. There is nothing justified about the enslavement of our Jan 6th patriots. This is why the libs and the bad blacks try to push CRT and their Marxist version of history on our children instead of teaching the right, biblically ordained and truthful telling of history. The pastor is right, the blacks didn't protest slavery [Aside from the more than 250 slave revolts]; for the most part they were happy...

Truthfully, it was the blacks learning Christianity and learning how not to be so wicked and dark that granted them their freedom. They humbled themselves and paid their dues...Yes some of them were raped and murdered, yes, some of them had their children sold off, family histories erased, but they still were happy and sang songs and smiled a lot, which tells me that slavery wasn't that bad overall...and they needed to prove themselves worthy of being treated like humans, because beforehand, they were primitive savages -- at least that is what so many Dems said about them when they were drafting their articles of Secession. This is the history the Dems and the Jews don't want our children to know. God bless this pastor for being brave enough to tell the truth -- and no this isn't indoctrination because he was teaching this in a Sunday school class.

Its like listening to an MLK for the tik tok generation.Very moving.
What he leaves unsaid is the main point.

The good darkies had a great time in the fields..Hours of sunshine and games. They enjoyed thei trips to the nations capital when they were given frequent holidays.They learned important American history about being equal and stuff.

It was only the bad darkies who struggled with that peculiar institution.

Jesus hadnt reached them yet so they didnt know how lucky they were..

Did slavery end with the Civil War?
No....

Some folks remained slaves well after the end of the Civil War.......kinda how that "Juneteenth" thing became a thing...you know, that holiday that triggers morons like you

In fact, it took FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT - AFTER THE CIVIL WAR to eradicate slavery once and for all...and then it took Re-Construction, Anti-Jim Crow, and a whole lot of "FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT" to eradicate all of the attempts to turn back any progress made - AFTER THE CIVIL WAR

and don't think I didn't notice you dodging the whole "The Civil War wasn't over slavery" gibberish you Conservatives push....while also trying to take credit for ending it...yall are some real clowns in that regard....

His take is horrid.

Your take is horrid.

No, just no.

To anyone still reading: Christianity is a religion of saved individuals. It matters not black, white, whatever.

I need a soul shower after reading that

Okay I take it back. I'm going to remark after all:

He says the slaves humbled themselves and prayed and turned from their wicked ways.....

Yeah, they were sinners, AS WE ALL ARE. But he seems to imply that they had some kind of special sin that either led to their enslavement OR kept them enslaved.

Anyone else get that meaning?

The pastor is right, in fact I will go further and say that the Jan 6th prisoners are actually being treated worse than slaves because at least the slaves were supposed to be enslaved
Yet liberals will continue to bash southern ministers who know the truth.

His take is horrid.

Your take is horrid.

No, just no.

To anyone still reading: Christianity is a religion of saved individuals. It matters not black, white, whatever.

Christianity was used to justify slavery tho......A lot.....

"Most slaveholders would have defined themselves as Christian—and had two favorites texts, one from the beginning of the Old Testament and the other from the end of the New Testament.The rest of the Old Testament was often mined by pro-slavery polemicists for examples proving that slavery was common among the Israelites. The New Testament was largely ignored, except in the negative sense of pointing out that nowhere did Jesus condemn slavery, although the story of Philemon, the runaway who St. Paul returned to his master, was often quoted. It was also generally accepted that the Latin word servus, usually translated as servant, really meant slave."

Those 2 favorite texts were the one about how black people are cursed because of some twisted interpretation of the "Curse of Ham" -- was also very popular with the Mormons by the way...the other is Ephesians, VI, 5-7 - about how slaves should be obedient to their masters.......

So I can see why some folks can have a real problem with "Fundamentalist Christians" like the guy in the OP -- and yet, these folks still manage to "indoctrinate" others with this bullshit and none of the "protect our children" folks seem to mind it.

Yet liberals will continue to bash southern ministers who know the truth.
Are you calling Sweet Sue a liberal bro?

She would be pretty pissed...

His take is horrid.

Your take is horrid.

No, just no.

Democrats

Proving over and over, how they are superior in thought and decorum. The upper class of society. Righteously, pontificating how they are better in thought, than everyone else.

Democrats are slaves, to the propaganda they continuously repeat, over and over, until they believe, until they are hypnotized.

Yes, tell us again how you alone, are the only good people, tell us how pure your thoughts are.

No, but some of my fellow conservatives aren't the brightest crayons in the box. Some who are boycotting Bud Light are unknowingly drinking another beer produced by Inbev.
So are you under the impression that enslaved people didn't protest because they didn't storm the Capitol like the Jan 6th people did?

Is that the idiotic argument you want to go with??

And why did you say "southern ministers"?? Is the Bible different in the south? Are there no "Northern ministers" telling the "truth"??

It almost seems you feel there is still some difference between "southerners" and "northerners" -- over 150 years after the Civil War......odd....so what did the "southern minister" get right about it?

And why did you say "southern ministers"?? Is the Bible different in the south? Are there no "Northern ministers" telling the "truth"??

It almost seems you feel there is still some difference between "southerners" and "northerners" -- over 150 years after the Civil War......odd....so what did the "southern minister" get right about it?
Obviously you are not aware there are Bible verses about slavery.

Did slavery end with the Civil War?
1. With the Emancipation Proclamation slaves were freed in rebelling states.
2. 13th Amendment: Senate 4/8/1864.
End of Civil War 4/9/1865
Passed House 1/31/1865
NO Southern States were represented because they were like being traitors n stuff.
Ratified by States 12/1865. The marvels of union troops helped the Southern states see the light of freedom.

No....

Some folks remained slaves well after the end of the Civil War.......kinda how that "Juneteenth" thing became a thing...you know, that holiday that triggers morons like you

In fact, it took FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT - AFTER THE CIVIL WAR to eradicate slavery once and for all...and then it took Re-Construction, Anti-Jim Crow, and a whole lot of "FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT" to eradicate all of the attempts to turn back any progress made - AFTER THE CIVIL WAR

and don't think I didn't notice you dodging the whole "The Civil War wasn't over slavery" gibberish you Conservatives push....while also trying to take credit for ending it...yall are some real clowns in that regard....
Sorry, don't get "triggered" when I tell you the truth.
Especially over something as dumb as "Juneteenth".
Couldn't anybody spell "Emancipation Day" or something that doesn't so so stupid & made-up?

Like "kwanza".
Might as well start celebrating Festivus.

Why would I dodge anything? Where did I say the Civil War wasn't over slavery?
Just because some participants did fight for other reasons doesn't change the FACT the underlying cause & spark traces directly back to the issue of slavery that was simmering under the surface since the Revolutionary War.
States rights boiled down to the right to keep slaves.

Can't you handle the truth that white people in America fought & died so that your ancestors could be freed from that evil institution?
Truth is truth & facts matter despite your strong feelers.

Forum List

Back