Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

Yes, biodiesel is a thing, has been for decades. I have gotten it for heating oil-but it really doesn't like the cold.

I have no idea what sort of witch's brew they concocted to keep it liquid at -40 (the usual method to keep biodiesel from gelling it to add regular diesel and/or K1 to it), but I'm sure it's nothing close to actual cooking oil.
Biodiesel, old technology, older than refining oil

Yes, biodiesel is a thing, has been for decades. I have gotten it for heating oil-but it really doesn't like the cold.

I have no idea what sort of witch's brew they concocted to keep it liquid at -40 (the usual method to keep biodiesel from gelling it to add regular diesel and/or K1 to it), but I'm sure it's nothing close to actual cooking oil.
So cow farts are bad, but car farts from biodiesel is good?

tax breaks on equipment being depreciated is a tax break, not a subsidy. And this tax break solar and wind enjoy as well.
Correct, elektra .

What does that have to do with the subsidies that Congress gives to oil countries?

Solar and Wind, along with Electric cars have been subsidized this year alone, to the tune of $1 trillion dollars. Not a tax break, but cash paid to them.

You'll need to link to a legit source for that $1T figure, if you are to believed.

Oil companies get cash paid to them. They're called "subsidies".

There are innovative companies doing this stuff. You should invest in them now, while their stock prices are low due to high FED interest rates.

Yes, biodiesel is a thing, has been for decades.
Where are they mentioning biodiesel, anyway? They are talking about "sustainable aviation fuel, or SAF, a broad category of jet fuel that creates fewer carbon emissions than standard kerosene blends. The fuel on this flight was made from waste fats and plant sugars and emits 70% less carbon than petroleum-based jet fuel, according to a press release."

It sounds like it has a biodiesel component, but I'm betting there are ethanol, isooctane, isobutanol, natural gas, and/or isobutylene components, also. This stuff is getting very high-tech and very cutting edge.

You'll need to link to a legit source for that $1T figure, if you are to believed.
why, because you dont know nothing about this subject, so you need to try and turn the tables and hide your ignorance

the demoRATS now use the partisan propaganda tool called Google to discredit.

Google is not the arbiter of truth.

either way, any link I give you, you will simply call bullshit, I dont need any source to convince people there are trillions in subsidies going to solar wind and electric cars

hell, there are plenty of posts and threads on it so most of us, or all of us, are very familiar except for you

but of course, you just think you are clever enough to disparage and discredit any link I come up with

so no, I do not need a source that you call legit,

Here's the deal. The renewable clan can have their panels and windmills, all this free energy, but they just need to install the infrastructure to run this free electric to their houses and businesses. Everyone else has their infrastructure, and it's running just fine.

Here's the deal. The renewable clan can have their panels and windmills, all this free energy, but they just need to install the infrastructure to run this free electric to their houses and businesses. Everyone else has their infrastructure, and it's running just fine.
Is it running fine in Britstain?

what subsidy?
Why are you so fucking ignorant? I mean, seriously?

End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies Act of 2021

This bill limits or repeals certain fossil fuel oil and gas subsidies for oil companies. Specifically, it

• increases to seven years the amortization period for geological and geophysical expenditures;
  • repeals the tax credits for producing oil and gas from marginal wells and for enhanced oil recovery;
  • repeals the tax deduction for the intangible drilling and development costs of oil and gas wells;
  • repeals percentage depletion;
  • repeals the tax deduction for tertiary injectant expenses;
  • repeals the passive loss exception for working interests in oil and gas property;
  • denies the tax deduction for income attributable to domestic production activities for oil and gas activities;
  • prohibits the use of the last-in, first-out (LIFO) accounting method by major integrated oil companies;
  • limits the foreign tax credit for dual capacity taxpayers (i.e., taxpayers who are subject to a levy of a foreign country or U.S. possession and receive specific economic benefits from such country or possession); and
  • expands the definition of crude oil for purposes of the excise tax on petroleum and petroleum products to include any oil derived from a bitumen or bituminous mixture (tar sands), and any oil derived from kerogen-bearing sources (oil shale).

Blumenauer Introduces Legislation to End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies

March 9, 2023
Press Release
"Today I introduced the End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies Act of 2023. This legislation eliminates nearly a dozen of the most egregious tax breaks enjoyed by the oil and gas industry.President Biden proposed a similar initiative in his Fiscal Year 2024 budget.

The climate is changing. This fact is indisputable, as is the fact that humans are primary cause of the changing climate. The United States emitted nearly 6 billion tons of greenhouse gases in 2020 and the largest share of greenhouse gas emissions comes from the combustion of fossil fuels.

Despite consistent profitability, fossil fuel companies receive billions of dollars in federal tax breaks and subsidies, which underwrite the costs of continued oil and gas production. These forgone revenues undermine the United States’ ability combat the climate crisis and invest in critical initiatives like education, housing, infrastructure, and healthcare.

Recent analysis released by the Stockholm Environment Institute found that just two oil and gas tax subsidies – the expensing of intangible drilling costs and the percentage depletion allowance – increased the value of new oil and gas projects by more than $20 billion in some years.

Screenshot_20240113_113822_Samsung Notes.jpg

Why are you so fucking ignorant? I mean, seriously?

End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies Act of 2021

This bill limits or repeals certain fossil fuel oil and gas subsidies for oil companies. Specifically, it

• increases to seven years the amortization period for geological and geophysical expenditures;
  • repeals the tax credits for producing oil and gas from marginal wells and for enhanced oil recovery;
  • repeals the tax deduction for the intangible drilling and development costs of oil and gas wells;
  • repeals percentage depletion;
  • repeals the tax deduction for tertiary injectant expenses;
  • repeals the passive loss exception for working interests in oil and gas property;
  • denies the tax deduction for income attributable to domestic production activities for oil and gas activities;
  • prohibits the use of the last-in, first-out (LIFO) accounting method by major integrated oil companies;
  • limits the foreign tax credit for dual capacity taxpayers (i.e., taxpayers who are subject to a levy of a foreign country or U.S. possession and receive specific economic benefits from such country or possession); and
  • expands the definition of crude oil for purposes of the excise tax on petroleum and petroleum products to include any oil derived from a bitumen or bituminous mixture (tar sands), and any oil derived from kerogen-bearing sources (oil shale).

Blumenauer Introduces Legislation to End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies

March 9, 2023
Press Release
"Today I introduced the End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies Act of 2023. This legislation eliminates nearly a dozen of the most egregious tax breaks enjoyed by the oil and gas industry.President Biden proposed a similar initiative in his Fiscal Year 2024 budget.

The climate is changing. This fact is indisputable, as is the fact that humans are primary cause of the changing climate. The United States emitted nearly 6 billion tons of greenhouse gases in 2020 and the largest share of greenhouse gas emissions comes from the combustion of fossil fuels.

Despite consistent profitability, fossil fuel companies receive billions of dollars in federal tax breaks and subsidies, which underwrite the costs of continued oil and gas production. These forgone revenues undermine the United States’ ability combat the climate crisis and invest in critical initiatives like education, housing, infrastructure, and healthcare.

Recent analysis released by the Stockholm Environment Institute found that just two oil and gas tax subsidies – the expensing of intangible drilling costs and the percentage depletion allowance – increased the value of new oil and gas projects by more than $20 billion in some years.

View attachment 887323
Tax deductions are not subsidies.

Democrats and the Democrat Politicians misuse words all the time.

Why did you fail to give us the link. I know it is a loosely enforced rule of USMB, but in your case, follow the rules.

There is no link to the actual tax code in which you are calling subsidies. Why no links to the tax code. You realize the only way to understand a tax code is to read the tax code.

Link to the tax code. Or post the tax codes, not some asshole politician or reporter/activist calling the tax code a subsidy.

😳

Holy shit you're a fucking moron!

When you same idiots talk about Trump's tax breaks you all claim that it put money in your pocket. But tax breaks for oil companies don't put more money in their pockets?

Grow a brain, dunce.

Is it running fine in Britstain?

Solar in the UK is shit. In southern Scotland, it's shitter. I put my postcode into a website, and the orientation of the house to NESW, and after the lifespan of buying the panels, it would have cost me £1,800. So if I just stay with the national grid on fossil fuels, I'm £1,800 better off.

It might work in Americastan, but not here.

Solar in the UK is shit. In southern Scotland, it's shitter. I put my postcode into a website, and the orientation of the house to NESW, and after the lifespan of buying the panels, it would have cost me £1,800. So if I just stay with the national grid on fossil fuels, I'm £1,800 better off.

It might work in Americastan, but not here.
Nope doesnt work here either, especially when it is snowing like "The Day after Tomorrow" and snow and ice is everywhere....Even on the wind turbines that arent turning in the wind.

Why did you fail to give us the link. I know it is a loosely enforced rule of USMB, but in your case, follow the rules.

There is no link to the actual tax code in which you are calling subsidies. Why no links to the tax code. You realize the only way to understand a tax code is to read the tax code.

Link to the tax code. Or post the tax codes
Here, pretend you actually give a shit and hold my claw, lazy ass:
  1. Summary (pdf) of Blumenauer's recent bill proposing specific changes to the tax code
  2. Tax code pertaining to first proposed changes "Sec. 2." (scroll down to h)
  3. Use the same site to the find tax code pertaining to the second set of proposed changes "Sec. 3." Etc. Etc.
The deduction of mortgage interest from the federal income tax accounts for the largest interest rate subsidy.
Face it, you're too dumb to read a simple definition let alone any tax code.

Here, pretend you actually give a shit and hold my claw, lazy ass:

Face it, you're too dumb to read a simple definition let alone any tax code.
Sorry, we were speaking about subsidies that were claimed to be given to Oil companies. The tax code is not a subsidy.

simple definitions, are no longer simple when you call the tax code a subsidy. Or when you call marrige john screwin john.

I guess the government has been subsidizing me, even though I pay thousands in taxes. I write off interest on my home loan, that is a subsidy, right.

You get subsidies as well, if you take the standard deduction or write off interest. Your tax deferred 401k must be a government subsidy as well

Forum List

Back