EV's now more expensive to drive than gas cars

I read this the other day but the one thing missing is many do NOT buy one because of the cost of operating.

To buy a Tesla the operating cost is far higher than buying a cheap gas sipping econocar.

People buy them because they like them.

I read this the other day but the one thing missing is many do NOT buy one because of the cost of operating.

To buy a Tesla the operating cost is far higher than buying a cheap gas sipping econocar.

And getting a tax rebate from the government

They're extremely toxic to the environment. Mining lithium destroys entire ecological systems, forests, lakes, rivers, soils.
Blah, blah, blah

We are not trying to save the environment here, we are trying to take all your money to give to corporations and the government they fund.

Do keep up.

I strongly suspect there will come a time in the not-too-distant future that we'll consider this initial iteration of green cars to be a nice first try but not a great long term idea.

Too many weaknesses.
Nice first try?
You mean mandating people buy them and drive them, like in California, and then laugh as it fails horribly?

Would that bring you a chuckle?

Holy crap, that's what you got out of my post?

You people, in your own weird, paranoid little world.

How is pointing out what two Blue States are actually doing paranoid?

Both CA and NY will ban sales of new ICE vehicles by 2035. It's on the books in both States.

I strongly suspect there will come a time in the not-too-distant future that we'll consider this initial iteration of green cars to be a nice first try but not a great long term idea.

Too many weaknesses.
They better not break unless you have deep pockets.....$200.00 a hour to work on anything at most EV stealerships.

It's a license to print money sorta the way luxury EU vehicles were till Lexus and such came along that used more common drivetrains/engines/eletronics found on their standard brand cars making them cheaper to work on.

EV service costs were 2.3 times higher than a gasoline-powered car. At 12 months, EV service costs were still 1.6 times higher. Service-related costs averaged $306 per electric vehicle, while a gas-powered car averaged $189.

WTF link

They better not break unless you have deep pockets.....$200.00 a hour to work on anything at most EV stealerships.

It's a license to print money sorta the way luxury EU vehicles were till Lexus and such came along that used more common drivetrains/engines/eletronics found on their standard brand cars making them cheaper to work on.

EV service costs were 2.3 times higher than a gasoline-powered car. At 12 months, EV service costs were still 1.6 times higher. Service-related costs averaged $306 per electric vehicle, while a gas-powered car averaged $189.

WTF link

There is far less to service on an EV.

WTF link
That's bad enough, but the whole thing just doesn't seem viable long term. Lithium, disposal, fire danger, etc.

I know they're working on hydrogen and other ideas, but it's still a ways off. This ain't it.

The article is bullshit. The average household vehicle (car, SUV, van, or pickup) gets about 20mpg combined. At $4 per gallon, that's $20 to fuel it for one hundred miles of typical driving.

Charging an EV in your garage, in the middle of the night - when everyone charges them, and when the rates are lowest - costs less than half that to propel the car for 100 miles. They cooked the books.

Over time the price drops because there is no oil change, radiators, and other things you see in an ICE.

Of course the price per repair on an EV is absolutely outrageous for the time being.

Forum List

Back