Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

It's coming quicker than people think. The solutions are there.

BULLSHIT. At the rate and methods it is being applied, there won't be any future. To be practical, they should have started thinking about this stuff 80-100 years ago. You don't realize the degree of change you are asking and the costs incurred in a mere decade instead of 50-100 years.

The technology is marginal and dubious at best making the cost in so short a time insane.

There's not enough resources and there can never be enough infrastructure to support all this battery crap. The alarm bells will only grow louder as the years pass.

Your capacity for selective reading is astounding. It's on par with a 7 year old.

Reread my last post carefully. Read the whole post, for COMPREHENSION this time! Use your reading finger, sound out each word very carefully.
Tell me what in your post my 7 year old reading skills missed. :rolleyes:

what comes around goes around Synth....
Meaning what? I'm all for ending subsidies to the oil industry, switching them to Green energy. We should definitely be subsidizing solar, heat pumps, insulation, energy-efficient windows, hydro, wind, and small nuclear.

The technology is marginal and dubious at best making the cost in so short a time insane.
Don't get me started Toob

To be totally honest, if i were 30 years younger, i'd be ridin' the green wave along with the rest of the carpetbaggers in my trade

H*ll, i'd sh*tcan the work truck, and just fly from job to job with a company mask & cape....

1698450654177.png

~S~

Holy Crap Batman.....

10,000 homes.

That's about 0.5% of the valley metro.

What was coming again ?

A plane fueled by fat and sugar has crossed the Atlantic Ocean

For the first time ever, a commercial plane flew across the Atlantic Ocean without using fossil fuels.

Virgin Atlantic said the test flight Tuesday from London to New York was powered only by sustainable aviation fuel, or SAF, a broad category of jet fuel that creates fewer carbon emissions than standard kerosene blends. The fuel on this flight was made from waste fats and plant sugars and emits 70% less carbon than petroleum-based jet fuel, according to a press release. It landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Tuesday afternoon.

So what? The oil industry has been subsidized for decades and ExxonMobil made $55 billion last year.
tax breaks on equipment being depreciated is a tax break, not a subsidy. And this tax break solar and wind enjoy as well.

Solar and Wind, along with Electric cars have been subsidized this year alone, to the tune of $1 trillion dollars. Not a tax break, but cash paid to them.

A plane fueled by fat and sugar has crossed the Atlantic Ocean

For the first time ever, a commercial plane flew across the Atlantic Ocean without using fossil fuels.

Virgin Atlantic said the test flight Tuesday from London to New York was powered only by sustainable aviation fuel, or SAF, a broad category of jet fuel that creates fewer carbon emissions than standard kerosene blends. The fuel on this flight was made from waste fats and plant sugars and emits 70% less carbon than petroleum-based jet fuel, according to a press release. It landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Tuesday afternoon.
Yes, biodiesel is a thing, has been for decades. I have gotten it for heating oil-but it really doesn't like the cold.

I have no idea what sort of witch's brew they concocted to keep it liquid at -40 (the usual method to keep biodiesel from gelling it to add regular diesel and/or K1 to it), but I'm sure it's nothing close to actual cooking oil.

Forum List

Back