Opinion: "Asking voters is not the way to end the death penalty"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Democracy is sacred and grants legitimacy to our political process unless progressives want something different then they simply invoke the language of human rights and bypass the entire system

Well yes, the system should do the right thing but where it won't people should be able to take actions on their own.

Most of the civilized world realizes a death penalty is barbaric justice. Most states also realize the same thing and have abandoned it.

The US, along with China, India and the Islamic World are the only ones who still rely on eye for an eye justice

Most of the civilized world realizes a death penalty is barbaric justice. Most states also realize the same thing and have abandoned it.

The US, along with China, India and the Islamic World are the only ones who still rely on eye for an eye justice

democrats are planning to VASTLY expand the death penalty.

Any enemy of the Reich will be executed without trial.

democrats have a vision for America

Does that mean the democrats advocating that non-vaccinated people be denied medical treatment are not part of the civilized world?

democrats give Americans a choice - buy Fauci's product, or die.
It's funny that they piously proclaim healthcare to be a universal right to be granted to everyone free of charge, but only as long as the patient is fully vaccinated. If you're out of favor with them, expect the worst.

I have always been torn about the DP. The state shouldnt have the authority to kill any citizen. Then again, what else do people deserve for pre meditated murder and we have absolute proof?

Man has not evolved beyond his barbaric selfishness. The perception that he has become enlightened and respectful of others is the opposite of the truth. Yes, there are those that are more civilized as in perceived conduct yet when the veneer is stripped away self preservation and accumulation of desires at any cost exists. Society needs the ultimate penalty as leverage to contain those that cross the line and take a life of innocent civilians. Locking up a person serves no other purpose than to demonstrate that we as a species have evolved.

Does that mean the democrats advocating that non-vaccinated people be denied medical treatment are not part of the civilized world?
nice diversion
I’m not biting

nice diversion
I’m not biting
I'm curious. On the one hand, you opine that it is civilized to abolish the death penalty, while at the same time, a significant number of democrats would gladly sentence people to death for no crime greater than simply refusing a vaccine. Seems a little disjointed to me.

I'm curious. On the one hand, you opine that it is civilized to abolish the death penalty, while at the same time, a significant number of democrats would gladly sentence people to death for no crime greater than simply refusing a vaccine. Seems a little disjointed to me.
its not a vaccine

Most states have not used the death penalty or rarely used in the last 50 years. Only the “Bible Belt” states insist on it. It is the way they honor Jesus

1643126478737.png

You aren't curious...........you are so simple.........hospitals require certain things and you disagree with them, hence they are Democrats. A large segment of the medical community truly believes the vaccines are the right thing to do. It has nothing to do with politics.

Democracy is sacred and grants legitimacy to our political process unless progressives want something different then they simply invoke the language of human rights and bypass the entire system

Interesting link. I'm curious as to why you created the thread. The link is to an op ed by an academic who has long supported ending the DP, but who opines that voter initiative is not an effective way to get there - rather it needs to be legislatively changed or have courts declare it unconst.

Personally, I'm opposed but the link doesn't really have anything to do with pro or "con" (pun intended)

Nice diversion
I’m not biting

Your graph shows California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Ohio, etc etc etc with the death penalty. Hardly the Bible belt.
California has not executed anyone in 38 years. They have a death penalty but don’t use it. Ohio has suspended executions.
The others have executed five or less in almost 50 years.

Those who actively use the death penalty and brag about it are followers of Jesus who was dead set against the Death Penalty.

You aren't curious...........you are so simple.........hospitals require certain things and you disagree with them, hence they are Democrats. A large segment of the medical community truly believes the vaccines are the right thing to do. It has nothing to do with politics.
No, I am referring to the polls that show a large number of democrats would support non-vaccinated people being denied treatment. That's pure politics.

California has not executed anyone in 38 years. They have a death penalty but don’t use it. Ohio has suspended executions.
The others have executed five or less in almost 50 years.

Those who actively use the death penalty and brag about it are followers of Jesus who was dead set against the Death Penalty.
Was He? He honored the Mosaic Law, which specified the death penalty for many transgressions. He didn't argue against that it was wrong when it was applied to Him. In short, He didn't say anything against the state executing criminals. He didn't say that the people who brought the woman caught in adultery (where was the man she was caught with?) to Him were wrong to say she should be executed. He merely shamed them into going away, then forgave her Himself. I would like to see your rationale for claiming Jesus was "dead set against the Death Penalty".

Forum List

Back