Old Muhammad Ali Clip - When the Truth Hurts

Ali was a jerk

The way he treated Joe Frazier reflects his true character
He was only a jerk to his foes specifically to raise interests regarding his fights. He knew that those people that hated his stance on Vietnam were supporting Frazier and Frazier let himself be bought by those people. Basically Frazier became a sellout.

Ali was a jerk

He was only a jerk to his foes specifically to raise interests regarding his fights. He knew that those people that hated his stance on Vietnam were supporting Frazier and Frazier let himself be bought by those people. Basically Frazier became a sellout.

Frazier was a decent man and a good human being

Ali mocked him in front of his own people, denied him his well earned right to be heavyweight champion, mocked him in front of his children

It showed the lack of character in Ali

Ali was a jerk

Ali mocked him in front of his own people, denied him his well earned right to be heavyweight champion, mocked him in front of his children

Frazier allowed himself to be used by those that hated the Black liberation movement. He even got up and spoke in front of the confederate flag in S.C. about what an American he was. Thats why Ali went in on him like he did. Before that they were friends as Frazier actually helped Ali out financially when he was not allowed to box.

Ali was a jerk

Frazier allowed himself to be used by those that hated the Black liberation movement. He even got up and spoke in front of the confederate flag in S.C. about what an American he was. Thats why Ali went in on him like he did. Before that they were friends as Frazier actually helped Ali out financially when he was not allowed to box.

Ali had every right to attack Frazier on any political stance he disagreed with. Frazier actually supported Ali in his fight against the draft. Frazier supported Ali getting his boxing license back...Ali turned on him

Does not excuse Ali for calling Frazier a gorilla, mocking him as stupid, claim to be the "true champion" after Frazier beat him in the ring

Ali was a jerk

Ali had every right to attack Frazier on any political stance he disagreed with. Frazier actually supported Ali in his fight against the draft. Frazier supported Ali getting his boxing license back...Ali turned on him

Does not excuse Ali for calling Frazier a gorilla, mocking him as stupid, claim to be the "true champion" after Frazier beat him in the ring
It may not excuse it but it certainly explains why Ali turned on him. Frazier committed a very grave sin by allowing himself to be used by those against the Black liberation movement. They made Frazier look like an uncle tom to many in the Black community. I was very young at the time but I remember some choice things many adults in my community said about him.

NO, it was the point.

and obviously went over your head

You think your pathetic name calling went over someones head?

Obviously yours.

Ali, nor anyone else, does NOT get a pass for being an asshole just because he's Black.

'You're an asshole'

'You're just saying that because I'm Black. You're a racist'

BULLSHIT

th

th

A spade is a spade, no matter what color it is.

Ali was a jerk

It may not excuse it but it certainly explains why Ali turned on him. Frazier committed a very grave sin by allowing himself to be used by those against the Black liberation movement. They made Frazier look like an uncle tom to many in the Black community. I was very young at the time but I remember some choice things many adults in my community said about him.

Ali played the "I'm more black than you" card and turned America's blacks against Frazier

Ali used demeaning and racist taunts against Frazier and then laughed it off as just trying to churn the gate. What he did to Frazier and his family was totally classless and prevents me from calling him a "good man"

Forum List

Back