Oh, The Irony. Obama Looking Into High Gas Prices Finally

Anyone who's been paying attention knows.

One reason is a large portion of the oil supply is threatened by the "Democracy" movement. It's a joke because it has nothing to do with Democracy.

But the biggest threat is the shrinking dollar, thanks to the spending and the failure to deal with debt.

Absolutely incorrect.

What industry that you know of..floods the market with it's product to drive down it's cost?

Really? What industry does that?

Profit is made on scarcity. It's a simple economic concept..

OPEC has done it many times. They've also cut production to drive up the price.

You're not paying attention.

I said the main reason was we aren't using our own supply here. If we did it wouldn't make as much difference.

Oil companies are just following the rules and selling our oil on the open market. Problem is the dollar isn't worth as much so oil profits are going up with the price, but only if you're looking at dollars.

Obama knows this, he's counting on it, and he's taking advantage of it.

Here's a prediction suddenly right before the next election cycle Obama will magically find a way to bring fuel prices down in an effort to bolster his number's but during the mean time Obama will do absolutely nothing to stabilize the cost of energy. He's made this perfectly clear,

You mean that magical and absolutely fair market isn't supplying lazy Americans cheap fuel so they can drive to Walmart and buy made in China products, oh the horror of it all!

Yes, us lazy Americans need to park our cars and get out and walk.

You first. Set an example.

do you really advocate walking to work? i live about 15 miles from my seasonal job.....lets see 15 miles at what what a mile every 20 mintues....and do you suggest i do this when we have life threatening wind chills?

but in all fairness on 4/20...as we are riding around..we got to lowe's to get something and everyone is bitching that i parked so far away.....i am like hell ladies you bitches belong to gyms and pay to exercise but your lazy asses wont walk 50 ft?

i agree with you on the us dollar and the dollars value plummeting over the last few years but that was a trend under bush too. the debt and the borrowing has gone on too long with both parties. americans are taking for granting that the dollar will always be used for world currency...it will be a big shock when opec goes away from the dollar and the value of the dollar falls...right now a canadian dollar is worth about 5 cents more than the us dollar...

You mean that magical and absolutely fair market isn't supplying lazy Americans cheap fuel so they can drive to Walmart and buy made in China products, oh the horror of it all!

Yes, us lazy Americans need to park our cars and get out and walk.

You first. Set an example.

do you really advocate walking to work? i live about 15 miles from my seasonal job.....lets see 15 miles at what what a mile every 20 mintues....and do you suggest i do this when we have life threatening wind chills?

but in all fairness on 4/20...as we are riding around..we got to lowe's to get something and everyone is bitching that i parked so far away.....i am like hell ladies you bitches belong to gyms and pay to exercise but your lazy asses wont walk 50 ft?

i agree with you on the us dollar and the dollars value plummeting over the last few years but that was a trend under bush too. the debt and the borrowing has gone on too long with both parties. americans are taking for granting that the dollar will always be used for world currency...it will be a big shock when opec goes away from the dollar and the value of the dollar falls...right now a canadian dollar is worth about 5 cents more than the us dollar...

I was kidding.

Canadian money has been worth about that much since I was in highschool.

no sweetie it hasnt....about 10 years ago or so...the cd was worth about half the american dollar...dont forget...canadian is an exporting country....a strong dollar is not always in their favor

no sweetie it hasnt....about 10 years ago or so...the cd was worth about half the american dollar...dont forget...canadian is an exporting country....a strong dollar is not always in their favor

I haven't been up to Canada lately so I haven't been using it's currency and frankly I don't keep up with Canada all that much.

When I was in high school the dollar shrank and Canada surpassed us. It used to be the other way around. The only reason I noticed is because I lived along the border in Montana. I used to pick Huckleberries along the Canadian border.

According to Saudi Arabia the world supply is not the problem.

World Markets Have Plenty of Oil, Saudi Arabia Says - FoxBusiness.com
I haven't heard any news that the demand for oil has increased. Do you think that with all the dollars they have been printing, --Maybe, is it possible, Could it be inflation?

Well that only effects the price if you're buying from outside the country, you know, like Brazil.

Yeah.. because according to Obamalama, we're supposed to be Brazil's "best customer"... :rolleyes: while not wanting us to actually produce more

Anyone who's been paying attention knows.

One reason is a large portion of the oil supply is threatened by the "Democracy" movement. It's a joke because it has nothing to do with Democracy.

But the biggest threat is the shrinking dollar, thanks to the spending and the failure to deal with debt.

Absolutely incorrect.

What industry that you know of..floods the market with it's product to drive down it's cost?

I said the main reason was we aren't using our own supply here. If we did it wouldn't make as much difference.

Oil companies are just following the rules and selling our oil on the open market. Problem is the dollar isn't worth as much so oil profits are going up with the price, but only if you're looking at dollars.

Unmitigated nonsense.

America produces a great deal of oil..along with the rest of the world. The idea we are not producing enough is specious.

And energy companies have made more profit then any other industry combined..in the history of capitalism.

Obama said during his campaign in Nov. of 2008 that his cap and trade policies would raise the price of gas and energy prices.
He sure has followed through on this one hasn't he.

Bones finally understands. Obama wanted to be leader, well here you are. LEAD

This joke is killing us. Oil has is up 300%, , gas is going to double, want to hear more.

People who are working can't buy gas to go to work, go figure.

Oh, The Irony. Obama Looking Into High Gas Prices Finally

highway_robbery_gas_prices_mousepad-p1442309202055988777pdd_500.jpg
Yeah, Mudd-Butt.....we merely needed to wait for The Marketplace to straighten-things-out, right??

handjob.gif

Absolutely incorrect.

Unmitigated nonsense.

America produces a great deal of oil..along with the rest of the world. The idea we are not producing enough is specious.

And energy companies have made more profit then any other industry combined..in the history of capitalism.

I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

We know that is not supply and demand causing gas prices to go through the roof. We KNOW speculation is at the root of the high prices. We also know that there is little that can be done without regulating the market. How is THAT best done?

Unmitigated nonsense.

Well you may want to point out the flaws in the logic..as opposed to insults.

I know it's hard..but give it a whirl.

Unmitigated nonsense.

Well you may want to point out the flaws in the logic..as opposed to insults.

I know it's hard..but give it a whirl.

Well, since I said pretty much said the same thing only using slightly different words, except for the making more profit thing. If you look at the percentages oil companies don't make as much profit as chewing gum producers.

I just think you feel argumentative.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back