Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

o a cop is allowed to order citizens to do anything and if the citizen takes a beat to ask for an explanation they get Pepper sprayed?! Hell no. There is a reason why this guy got fired. Because he acted inappropriately. Yet here you are defending him. His police chief disagrees with you. Stop acting like a moron

Typical leftist. Inserting lies now that you are losing the debate.

The asshole didn't get pepper sprayed because he was asking for an explanation. He got pepper sprayed because he refused to exit his vehicle after the 20 or more times the police instructed him to. He got pepper sprayed because they had to force him to do something he refused to easily do on his own.

That’s complete bullshit. I do a lot of work with my local sheriff and police during emergency situations and that is absolutely not how they are trained to approach a car during a routine pull over.

More leftist lies. This was not a routine pullover. This was a guy who didn't pull over for over a mile after the emergency lights were turned on. It was not a routine pullover because due to them not being able to see the temp tag, they had no idea what he was up to.

A routine pull over is when the motorist sees the lights and pulls over.

What law were these cops enforcing when they had their guns pointed at him demanding he at once have his hands up, and also get out of the car? :dunno:

We have already established that the temp. license tag was clearly displayed.

We did? Well, we have a half-dozen people who posted the video including myself. I want you to go to anyone of them and read me just one letter or number on that tag.

The officers could not see the tag in that HEAVILY TINTED WINDOW until they came up close to the vehicle in a very well lit area.

The officer that sprayed him has admitted on tape that his driving to the lit area was common and acceptable practice, so calling THAT in, as a "felony stop," is not acceptable. . . SO, what law were they enforcing?

WTF difference does it make how he called it in? It doesn't change the situation.

Now, if this idiot got out of the vehicle when ordered, complied to all their other demands, the moron would have had the chance to explain why he didn't immediately stop, and the officer would have accepted that reason.

I have no problem with your supposition. . . but you need to back up your claim, and in this entire thread, your claims have been specious. The Lt. DID NOTHING WRONG. He was reacting, quite understandably, to the cops irrational behavior.

Putting on a badge and gun does not give one license to act like an authoritarian mad man.

They didn't act authoritarian. This is how they are trained.

Think of many other possibilities. They "assumed" that he disregarded their warning light to get to a place where people are around. They "assumed" that it was like any other traffic stop. They "assumed" it was a mistake by the driver or dealership to have a temp tag hidden behind a heavily tinted window. Now it turns out it wasn't this solder. It was some maniac who carjacked this vehicle with a non-readable temp tag, and he blows the two officers away as they non-defensively approached the vehicle with their guns still in their holsters.

This is why police proceed in the manor they were trained. In such a dangerous job, you can't rule out any possibility.

The cop is in violation of the law.
No cop can demand someone step out of the car.
If she was weaving and the cop suspects DUI, he can insist in a breathalyzer, but not to step out.

Yet they do it all the time all over the country. Yes, the police officer does have the right to order you out of your vehicle.

She would have liked had a rational conversation with the cop and been let off with a warning

No. Police treat all non-compliant subjects the same way. I know the MSM has you puppets on their string, but if you watched as many cop shows as I have, personally know police officers, see the exact same procedures police use, you'd realize that race has nothing to do with this situation as the officers had no idea of who the driver was until after they exited their vehicle, guns drawn, yelling at the top of their lungs to show his hands and get out of the car.
Haha, no that’s not how all police act, which is why the douchebag got fired and why the department is going to likely have to pay a pretty penny once the lawsuit hits. Facts don’t back up your ignoramus Ray Ray.

Cop shows?!?! Hahahaha

o a cop is allowed to order citizens to do anything and if the citizen takes a beat to ask for an explanation they get Pepper sprayed?! Hell no. There is a reason why this guy got fired. Because he acted inappropriately. Yet here you are defending him. His police chief disagrees with you. Stop acting like a moron

Typical leftist. Inserting lies now that you are losing the debate.

The asshole didn't get pepper sprayed because he was asking for an explanation. He got pepper sprayed because he refused to exit his vehicle after the 20 or more times the police instructed him to. He got pepper sprayed because they had to force him to do something he refused to easily do on his own.
And he wasn’t exiting because the police officer was freaking the fuck out and not explaining what the hell was going on. I didn’t lie about a thing

That’s complete bullshit. I do a lot of work with my local sheriff and police during emergency situations and that is absolutely not how they are trained to approach a car during a routine pull over.

More leftist lies. This was not a routine pullover. This was a guy who didn't pull over for over a mile after the emergency lights were turned on. It was not a routine pullover because due to them not being able to see the temp tag, they had no idea what he was up to.

A routine pull over is when the motorist sees the lights and pulls over.
The guy did pull over. Went to a safe area and signaled that was exactly what he was doing. Once he got there the cops saw the tags. So why the freak out and threats? Why did he get fired for it Ray?

How do you think that’s working for police?

Take a good look around. How’s that working for police?

You think people like being treated that way? Nope. You think people enjoy being treated as criminals for no reason? No. You think people want the police to shove guns in their face being told to “obey”? No. You think people are okay with cops threatening them before even being told why? Not at all.

Police are losing because they’ve lost the respect of people and it’s a direct extension of the training you’ve touted. It’s going very badly.

How would Officer Gutierrez gotten cooperation from Lieutenant Nazario? He would have treated him with dignity and respect instead of like garbage.

I guess that makes me a radical.

And the idiot would have gotten respect from the officers by simply complying with their demands like thousands of Americans do every day in their interaction with police officers.

Do you think every cop that pulled me over for a safety inspection was nice? Do you think I didn't run into asshole cops? Of course I did, but I didn't do the stupidest thing one could possibly do by challenging them in the field. As I wrote about, I did have a major problem with two officers during a safety inspection. Yes sir, no sir, did everything they requested in spite how badly I was treated, and then I filed a complaint with my state rep and the Governors office. Never seen those two assholes ever again.

This moron asked for a gun shoved into his face because he was battling the officer. Had he complied, they would have put their guns away after they were assured that the car belonged to him or he was placed in cuffs until they completed their investigation.

Why do leftists always look to create problems? I just don't understand that.

You are in full support of that cop's behavior, eh?
As much as you are in support of a US Army officer who disobeys lawful orders
What lawful orders did the LT disobey?
well, shit stain....pulling over ...it does not take a mile or so....thats disobeying right off the bat....next stupid question
I don’t know where you live, but in California, Arizona And Washington State, you are expected to find a safe place to pull over. Not to pull over immediately, that gets cops killed by oncoming traffic.

You are in full support of that cop's behavior, eh?
As much as you are in support of a US Army officer who disobeys lawful orders
What lawful orders did the LT disobey?
well, shit stain....pulling over ...it does not take a mile or so....thats disobeying right off the bat....next stupid question
I don’t know where you live, but in California, Arizona And Washington State, you are expected to find a safe place to pull over. Not to pull over immediately, that gets cops killed by oncoming traffic.
Is five miles an acceptable distance to travel to find a safe place?

The guy did pull over. Went to a safe area and signaled that was exactly what he was doing. Once he got there the cops saw the tags. So why the freak out and threats? Why did he get fired for it Ray?

He got fired because this lowlife found an ambulance chaser to take his case. Now, this officer will work again. He may decide to sue the city for unjustly being fired and get his job back. He may say to hell with it and work for another department. But given what he had to go through, do you think that if you got pulled over by this officer, he's going to give you any kind of break like he did with this moron? Hell no. Everything is by the book. Nobody gets a break as far as he's concerned.

And he wasn’t exiting because the police officer was freaking the fuck out and not explaining what the hell was going on. I didn’t lie about a thing

He didn't exit the vehicle because he is nothing but a anti-American troublemaker. The officer would have explained everything if the moron just did as the officer asked.

Again, this is why we need to divide our country into two. Your side will let the suspect or criminal dictate how the officer proceeds, and our side, we let the authority decide how to proceed.

He got fired because this lowlife found an ambulance chaser to take his case. Now, this officer will work again. He may decide to sue the city for unjustly being fired and get his job back. He may say to hell with it and work for another department. But given what he had to go through, do you think that if you got pulled over by this officer, he's going to give you any kind of break like he did with this moron? Hell no. Everything is by the book. Nobody gets a break as far as he's concerned.
Fuck that guy. He will not be a cop again. He does not deserve to wear the badge. He is destined to some overnight security gig where he sits in his car all night and doesn’t interact with people. He can stick that pepper spray up his ass and pull the trigger.

he was fired because he didn’t do what he was trained to do. He abused his power and got busted

Fuck that guy. He will not be a cop again. He does not deserve to wear the badge. He is destined to some overnight security gig where he sits in his car all night and doesn’t interact with people. He can stick that pepper spray up his ass and pull the trigger.

he was fired because he didn’t do what he was trained to do. He abused his power and got busted

Okay genius. When an officer commands that a suspect get out of his vehicle and he refuses. What is the officer supposed to do? Say "well okay, if you don't want to get out, then you don't want to get out!"

When you're carrying and you get stopped by the police, can't the same be said about you?
Yes it can, that's why our law is the first thing that must come out of your mouth is advising the officers you are licensed and armed. If you don't immediately tell officers, or you tell them later on during the stop, you're going to jail.
He wasn't in a state with a requirement to inform the officers that he was armed. And due to the way they were already acting I strongly suspect that had he mentioned that he was armed that would have only escalated the situation. They were already treating him like public enemy #1 and perceived him as a threat, had they discovered that he was armed I don't even want to imagine how quickly things could have gone sideways even more than they did.

So you would have no problem with being treated this same way, just because one of the officers knew you have a CCW and considered you a threat even if you hadn't actually said or done anything threatening?

Okay genius. When an officer commands that a suspect get out of his vehicle and he refuses. What is the officer supposed to do? Say "well okay, if you don't want to get out, then you don't want to get out!"
You have a fucking conversation, especially if you are speaking to an army officer who is being calm and controlled. You don’t say he’s gonna ride the lightning and threaten him and pepper spray him, especially when the whole reason for the pull over was bullshit and his tags were valid. The dude is done and you’re an idiot for defending his nonsense

Forum List

Back