Obama to Congress: I'll Go It Alone

Executive orders are limited in what they can do if Obama tries to extend their power beyond what was intended and the people quietly accept it we're one step closer from going to democracy to dictatorship.

Nah, there are legal remedies that do not include impeachment. Btw, the House could vote on an article of impeachment at any time. All it requires is a simply majority to pass.

Talk about impeachment and 75% of the country rolls its eyes.

ACA is a done deal, ratified by two national elections, passage of the law, and opined on by SCOTUS.

Elections have consequences, folks. We lost.

So.

Let him issue EOs and let's attack the legality of them, which we may very well lose the issue.

Keep talking that shit, the boy's numbers are in the 30's and falling. If he jumps out and continues to defy the Constitution I hope the house would vote for impeachment. I have no doubt that he would never be convicted in the commie held senate but at this point I would love to see the same asterisk by his name that wild willie has. Both POS's fully deserve it.

In the 30's?? Lay off the Lithium.

29135d1390842027-obama-to-congress-i-ll-go-it-alone-untitled.jpg

Congress has shown they are unable/unwilling to do their job. Least productive Congress in History It is long overdue for the President to start using executive actions
It is not given to the President to usurp the powers of Congress.

Any President who actually ends-up going that far is in trouble.

He will act within his powers as President

Of course, if Congress doesn't like it, they are welcome to pass their own laws

They are allowed to do that you know

He's allowed to enforce legislation through executive order? I think not.

Article I, Section 1: All legislative Powers herein shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Article I, Section 8: The Congress shall have the power ... To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or any Department or Officer thereof.

Also, in the Enumerated Powers of the President, the Recommendation Clause (Article II, Section 3) says he is to make recommendations to Congress, not completely trample them as a legitimate branch of government.

"The Recommendation Clause also imposes an executive duty on the President. His recommendations respect the equal dignity of Congress and thus embody the anti-royalty sentiment that ignited the American Revolution and subsequently stripped the trappings of monarchy away from the new chief executive. Through his recommendations to Congress, the President speaks collectively for the People as they petition Government for a redress of grievances, and thus his recommendations embody popular sovereignty. The President tailors his recommendations so that their natural implication is the enactment of new legislation, rather than some other action that Congress might undertake. Finally, the President shall have executive discretion to recommend measures of his choosing."

-Kesavan and Sidak

So Obama is going to declare that he is the supreme leader tomorrow?

This should be good.

This President should be impeached. I know having to impeach a president is bad for our country. But how much worse can it get?

He has done nothing to bring us together as Americans. He is great at one thing, and that is, division.

So you want Biden for president?

Talk about impeachment and 75% of the country rolls its eyes.

ACA is a done deal, ratified by two national elections, passage of the law, and opined on by SCOTUS.

Elections have consequences, folks. We lost.

So.

Let him issue EOs and let's attack the legality of them, which we may very well lose the issue.

Keep talking that shit, the boy's numbers are in the 30's and falling. If he jumps out and continues to defy the Constitution I hope the house would vote for impeachment. I have no doubt that he would never be convicted in the commie held senate but at this point I would love to see the same asterisk by his name that wild willie has. Both POS's fully deserve it.

50% like him, 35% trust him, the mulatto messiah is a lame duck with or without his pen and phone.

Congress has shown they are unable/unwilling to do their job. Least productive Congress in History

It is long overdue for the President to start using executive actions

Once again..

Why is it that some people think Congress HAS to be passing new laws in order to be doing their jobs?

Have you ever stopped to think that just perhaps that there are enough laws on the books?

IMHO, the Republicans have been doing their job and the Democrats have been the party of NO.

NO, you can't repeal that abomination of law, Obama-care.
NO, you can't hold Holder responsible for his actions.
NO, you can't hold Obama and Hillary responsible for their actions and inactions.
NO, you can't hold the IRS responsible for targeting Conservative groups.
NO, you can't ensure that only U.S. Citizens who are eligible can cast a ballot and only cast ONE ballot.
NO, you can't protect our borders from illegal immigrants.
NO, you can't deport those who have crossed our borders illegally.

Congress has shown they are unable/unwilling to do their job. Least productive Congress in History

Once again..

Why is it that some people think Congress HAS to be passing new laws in order to be doing their jobs?

Have you ever stopped to think that just perhaps that there are enough laws on the books?

IMHO, the Republicans have been doing their job and the Democrats have been the party of NO.

NO, you can't hold Obama and Hillary responsible for their actions and inactions.
NO, you can't ensure that only U.S. Citizens who are eligible can cast a ballot and only cast ONE ballot.

If Congress does not want to do its job....The President will

Sounds fair to me

Once again..

Sounds fair to me
It is not within the purview of the President to determine whether or not Congress is doing its job.

If the Congress has not enacted or supported all of the legislation which the President wishes to have enacted, then that is the prerogative of Congress, and a matter between each Representative or Senator and the People who elected them...

It is not given to the President to chastise or otherwise circumvent and subvert the Congress of the United States by substituting Rule by Decree for the rule of law.

Period.

Line in the sand.

A line that neither Congress nor the Armed Forces of the United States will cross.

Last edited:

Once again..

Sounds fair to me

Agreed, Obama knows there is work to be done. And that the Republican are the laziest bunch of fucking loons we have ever had in the Congress. Still there is work to be done and Obama will have to do this work by himself if need be.

Lazy ass Rethugs. Do your job. Not just for your own re election, but for the entire country.

Once again..

Sounds fair to me
It is not within the purview of the President to determine whether or not Congress is doing its job.

If the Congress has not enacted or supported all of the legislation which he wishes to have enacted, that is the prerogative of Congress, and it is not given to the President to chastise or otherwise circumvent and subvert the Congress of the United States by substituting Rule by Decree for the rule of law.

Period.

It is within the purview of the President to issue Executive Orders

If Congress doesn't like it....let them pass laws that overturn it

Once again..

Sounds fair to me

Agreed, Obama knows there is work to be done. And that the Republican are the laziest bunch of fucking loons we have ever had in the Congress. Still there is work to be done and Obama will have to do this work by himself if need be.

Lazy ass Rethugs. Do your job. Not just for your own re election, but for the entire country.

Look.....all Obama is going to do is lay out some legislative goals for congress

If they fail to do it....Obama will

Once again..

Why?

Because they are legislators.

Passing laws IS THEIR JOB.

It is not given to the President to usurp the powers of Congress.

Any President who actually ends-up going that far is in trouble.

He will act within his powers as President

Of course, if Congress doesn't like it, they are welcome to pass their own laws

They are allowed to do that you know

He's allowed to enforce legislation through executive order? I think not.

Article I, Section 1: All legislative Powers herein shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Article I, Section 8: The Congress shall have the power ... To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or any Department or Officer thereof.

Also, in the Enumerated Powers of the President, the Recommendation Clause (Article II, Section 3) says he is to make recommendations to Congress, not completely trample them as a legitimate branch of government.

"The Recommendation Clause also imposes an executive duty on the President. His recommendations respect the equal dignity of Congress and thus embody the anti-royalty sentiment that ignited the American Revolution and subsequently stripped the trappings of monarchy away from the new chief executive. Through his recommendations to Congress, the President speaks collectively for the People as they petition Government for a redress of grievances, and thus his recommendations embody popular sovereignty. The President tailors his recommendations so that their natural implication is the enactment of new legislation, rather than some other action that Congress might undertake. Finally, the President shall have executive discretion to recommend measures of his choosing."

-Kesavan and Sidak

You left out this part from Article. II., Section 3 ...

he [the president] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed​

... so yes, absolutely, the president can constitutionally enforce laws through executive action.

50% like him, 35% trust him, the mulatto messiah is a lame duck with or without his pen and phone.
You just can't stop lying can you, Conservative?

Those are not polls of those who "like" him ... those are the results from polls of those who "approve" of the job he's doing.

"...It is within the purview of the President to issue Executive Orders..."
Right up to the split-second where one of those Executive Orders subverts the power of the Congress of the United States or subverts the Constitution.

"...If Congress doesn't like it....let them pass laws that overturn it"
No need.

If the President egregiously exceeds his authority, the House will impeach, and the Senate will convict.

Democrats have been distancing themselves from the President ever since the ObamaCare abortion unfolded, and this 'distancing' trend seems to be continuing.

If the President is seen subverting Congress, then Congress (including the Democrat- controlled Senate) will remove him from office.

We can certainly hope that such a line in the sand is not crossed.

For if it is, that will almost certainly spell the end of the Obama presidency.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Congress will take care of it, if it comes to that.

"...It is within the purview of the President to issue Executive Orders..."
Right up to the split-second where one of those Executive Orders subverts the power of the Congress of the United States or subverts the Constitution.

"...If Congress doesn't like it....let them pass laws that overturn it"
No need.

If the President egregiously exceeds his authority, the House will impeach, and the Senate will convict.

Democrats have been distancing themselves from the President ever since the ObamaCare abortion unfolded, and this 'distancing' trend seems to be continuing.

If the President is seen subverting Congress, then Congress (including the Democrat- controlled Senate) will remove him from office.

We can certainly hope that such a line in the sand is not crossed.

For if it is, that will almost certainly spell the end of the Obama presidency.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Congress will take care of it, if it comes to that.

Very good...If you think our President has exceeded his constitutional authority, by all means impeach

Barring that.....you will have to live with it

Once again..

Sounds fair to me

March on, komrades.

Nbc? that read more like a DNC press release and they don't question it one bit

Any republican would of said that, they would be biting like rabid dogs

Forum List

Back