Obama to Congress: I'll Go It Alone

obama is delusional. 63% of the public already doesn't trust him. Announcing that he is seizing 100% of power isn't going to go well at all.

obama is delusional. 63% of the public already doesn't trust him. Announcing that he is seizing 100% of power isn't going to go well at all.

that's why his sheep still has to fall back on when Government was shut down, the war on women, homosexuals, etc

and Obama saying he is going to take away OUR Representation of our Congress should sell like a frikken lead balloon..

I am very disturbed by him saying he is going to bypass congress. If he does this to a greater degree than he already has, I am concerned there will be people openly rebelling against the government.

I am very disturbed by him saying he is going to bypass congress. If he does this to a greater degree than he already has, I am concerned there will be people openly rebelling against the government.

Look at bills in the states legislatures designed to curb or annul federal power.
There is a backlash coming for sure.

that's why his sheep still has to fall back on when Government was shut down, the war on women, homosexuals, etc

and Obama saying he is going to take away OUR Representation of our Congress should sell like a frikken lead balloon..

Really now.

What about everyone else's "Representation".

Here's the dish.

Democrats have the White House and the Senate.

Republicans have the house.

And they've been using their 1/3 representation to drive 100% of the policy since 2010.

That's should have been stopped a LONG time ago.

In Turkey, it is said that the Army is the Guardian of the Nation.

When leader A or B abuses his power and violates their Constitution, that leader loses the allegiance of the Army, and his Administration falls.

Theoretically, in the extremely unlikely event that Congress would fail to act in defense of its own prerogatives, it may be reasonably argued that we are configured in a fashion similar to the Turks.

Our military folk swear primary allegiance to and defense of the Constitution.

When a Constitutionally-empowered leader egregiously subverts a branch of government and the Constitution itself...

Would the Army turn out to be the Guardian of the Nation here, as well, siding with The People and the Constitution and the Nation rather than a particular personality?

We've managed to travel some 230-ish years along our Republican timeline without learning the answer to that question.

God forbid, things get too far out of hand, with all this threatening to bypass Congress business, and we find ourselves seeking that answer.

Things will probably never get anywhere near that bad, but this holds potential to play out in just such a manner, if things go too far down this road.

Justifiably or no... right or wrong... I am genuinely worried about this prospect, if we see Rule by Decree unfolding.

Last edited:

Eyah.

So far in terms of executive orders he has issued less than most of the modern US presidents.

He has been incredibly restrained in that capacity.

Reagan was much more of a "Tyrant" than Obama.

So was George W. Bush.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

Eyah.

So far in terms of executive orders he has issued less than most of the modern US presidents.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders

FDR was the king of tyrants at over 1400 EO's.

Eyah.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders
I think it will be more of matter of the NATURE of such Executive Orders rather than their quantity...

I think it will be more a matter of whether or not a given Order subverts Congress or the Constititution, rather than the quantity...

President A could issue 1000 Executive Orders, and not face impeachment...

President B could issue 1 Executive Order, and, if that single order is seen to be subverting Congress or the Constitution, that 1 order could mean his downfall...

It's not the quantity... it's the content!!!

Last edited:

Really now.

Here's the dish.

And they've been using their 1/3 representation to drive 100% of the policy since 2010.

That is some kind of special stupid statement!
You really don't know shit about the Constitution or the way our Constitutional Republic was set up to operate!

Eyah.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders

:lol:

Seems he was a little busy defeating Nazis and the Depression at the time.

"“When the Lord fights the battles of the Saints, he does it so effectually that nobody gets nervous but the enemy." - Brigham Young

Don't quote Brigham Young to me! Ever heard of, "The Mountain medow Massacre"?

Really now.

Here's the dish.

That is some kind of special stupid statement!
You really don't know shit about the Constitution or the way our Constitutional Republic was set up to operate!

Sure I do.

There's no Filibuster, Hastert Rule, or House Rule 638 in the Constitution.

Check it.

Eyah.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders

Hey, Stalin taught him well. Lol.

Eyah.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders

Failed at the Depression. Did a little better with the Nazis.

Congress has shown they are unable/unwilling to do their job. Least productive Congress in History

It is long overdue for the President to start using executive actions

Law making is the responsibility of the LEGISLATIVE Branch. It is not the obligation of the Executive Branch.

What is long overdue is for THIS incumbent Executive to take his Constitutional Oath of Office seriously.

As for Congress, a decision NOT to enact new laws IS not different in principle than the decision TO enact a new law.

Last edited:
Eyah.

So was George W. Bush.

Executive Orders

I'll give him credit for ww2 and negative marks for the depression and feeding off eastern europe to russia after the war.

Forum List

Back