Obama Overtures to Business Fall Flat

How about let the marketplace and shareholders decide that and have the government butt out?

But the marketplace is greedy and corrupt. What to do? Why is it fair that the CEO of a company makes 400-700x that of the average worker... who actually WORKS and makes the money for the company?

We are provided freedoms by government.. not 'fairness' of outcome.. if you feel you don't make what you deserve or you feel your big head honcho is making to much, you have the motherfucking freedom to work elsewhere, start your own business the way you want, or to just sit home and cry

The government does not exist to say this person makes too much and you get something for doing nothing at the expense of others

If a business is not doing well in profit, it will fail... if a company board does not see the proper performance from a CEO or whomever else, they have the ability to relieve that... that same board or company has the freedom to also write compensation however they see fit... you was an investor and consumer does not have to support companies that you think are doing wrong

And beyond that, our overbloated and ever expanding government is very greedy and corrupt, and not to mention wasteful

How about let the marketplace and shareholders decide that and have the government butt out?

But the marketplace is greedy and corrupt. What to do? Why is it fair that the CEO of a company makes 400-700x that of the average worker... who actually WORKS and makes the money for the company?

Who do you think decides what to pay that person?

Who is forcing ANYONE to work for that company?

And how dare you call the marketplace corrupt. Some peoiple are corrupt...sure....some people are corrupt in every sector...pedophiles in the church, corrupt cops in every department; firefighters who are found guilty of arson; pedophiles in our schools....congresspeople with 90K in their freezer....

Why is the marketplace corrupt becuase of the actions of a few, but no other sector is corrupt becuase of the actions of a few?

I didn't say they do nothing. I said they don't merit making 400x more than anyone else. In Japan, no executive makes more than 70x the lowest paid employee. Why is the income gap ok with you guys? It keeps going up and up and up. Maybe ALL of the workers should have a say in what the CEO's and executives make and not just the rich guys voting to make themselves richer to the detriment of the country. If salaries continue to stagnate and even DECLINE, do you really think that is GOOD for the future of this country? Or do you really want it to become the third world like the other corporatists?

so the CEO does nothing? really? warren buffet means nothing to berkshire hathaway. steve jobs doesn't mean more to apple than the store salesperson. bill gates had nothing to do with the success of microsoft. anyone else could have done what jack welch did at GE.

But nowhere am I seeing anyone say that the team manager deserves more and Lebron deserves less. I am not seeing anyone claim that the stylist needs more and Sean Penn deservees less.

See how this administration has created a serious divide?

It is not class divide...it is a divide of wealthy BUSINESS people and the rest....not "people that are overpaid" and the rest.

It is sickening what this administration is doing to my country.

The rich people on the board decide.

Survival is forcing people to stay where they are. There are 5-6 people looking for each job available and salaries for those jobs are 1/3 what they once were due to so many desperate people looking for work.

I didn't say they do nothing. I said they don't merit making 400x more than anyone else. In Japan, no executive makes more than 70x the lowest paid employee. Why is the income gap ok with you guys? It keeps going up and up and up. Maybe ALL of the workers should have a say in what the CEO's and executives make and not just the rich guys voting to make themselves richer to the detriment of the country. If salaries continue to stagnate and even DECLINE, do you really think that is GOOD for the future of this country? Or do you really want it to become the third world like the other corporatists?

Because freedom is ok with me.. more and more government power and control over my personal life, compensation, responsibilities, etc is NOT ok

You want to make a company that gives all your workers say over the CEO position salary, go ahead, knock yourself out.. you have the freedom to do so

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail.... nobody is forcing you to work your job, accept your salary, stagnate in your career, or whatever else.... you don't like it, change your situation.. don't expect big mommy government to change it for you

And government is somehow so much better and a better judge of how much someone should make?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NO ONE IS HIRING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo, the reason being, is Obama's policies!!!!!

Um, no. The collapse started in 2006 and was the result of Wall Street and mortgage lenders. It had nothing to do with Obama. More people are hiring now than they were in 2008 and 2009.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That coincided WITH DEMOCRATS TAKING CONTROL OF CONGRESS.

Guess who was part of taking that control???????? YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, OBAMA!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what is your definition of fair?

Government has the money and distributes it to they think should have it.

That is always the liberal idea of "fair."

Why is all of the wealth in the hands of so few ok with you guys? Why are you all such corporate stooges? I guess their marketing works pretty well on sheep.

So, exactly WHO should decide how much they make.

And if they can decide how much a CEO makes, what will stop them from finally deciding how much YOU make?

Survival is forcing people to stay where they are. There are 5-6 people looking for each job available and salaries for those jobs are 1/3 what they once were due to so many desperate people looking for work.

Regurgitation of talking points. Pathetic how this administration has smart people not thinking things out.

What you SHOULD be saying is ..."when jobs were plentiful before the recession, people opted to take the job they took for whatever reason...be it convenience of location, great benefits, great vacation packages, great discounts on items made, great career path.......

BUT IT WAS THEIR DECISION.

Yet you feel, AT THE COST OF LIBERTIES AND FREEDOMS, that they should now have a right to second guess their decision and get retribution for a bad decision.

So, you think it's unfair for anyone to be rich, is that what I'm to understand?

so 70x is ok, but 400x is not? where do you draw the line?
i think if someone wants to run their company in a manner in which the ceo only makes 10x what the janitor makes, that's up to them.
i don't think anyone else should have a say in it.

Government has the money and distributes it to they think should have it.

That is always the liberal idea of "fair."

Yes, and Bush redistributed it up to the already wealthy, so I guess you're against that too.

Why is all of the wealth in the hands of so few ok with you guys? Why are you all such corporate stooges? I guess their marketing works pretty well on sheep.

Why is all the wealth in the hands of the government okay with you?

Why shouldn't it be in the hands of those WHO EARNED IT?????

Do you not understand the concept of freedom?

You fucking dolt

What I do and earn is my business.. my choice.. my actions... my responsibility....

What CEO XYZ earns is of no concern to me... nor is it my or anyone else's responsibility to say that he or she has made enough

What you earn or whether you are living in a dumpster with your thumb up your ass is of no concern to me...

As stated so many motherfucking times... you have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

You are not owed a goddamn thing by goddamn anyone.... whether you think they deserve it or not, whether you really want it or not

Forum List

Back