Obama Explains Why He Attended A Ballgame Just Hours After The Brussels Attacks

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
56f1aa9e1e00008e01711056.jpeg

The president emphasized that we cannot let terrorists disrupt our daily lives.

Sitting in the grandstands of Havana’s historic baseball stadium as the MLB’s Tampa Bay Rays took on the Cuban national team on Tuesday afternoon, President Barack Obama discussed his decision to attend the contest just hours after terror and tragedy struck the city of Brussels.

His reasoning had to do with fear. And with fortitude. And with refusing to cower in the face of a bully — refusing to let groups like the Islamic State dictate the rhythm and actions of the rest of the world.

“It’s always a challenge when you have a terrorist attack anywhere in the world, particularly in this age of 24-7 news coverage,” Obama explained in his live mid-game interview with ESPN. “You want to be respectful and understand the gravity of the situation. But the whole premise of terrorism is to try to disrupt people’s ordinary lives.”

Obama went on to cite Red Sox star David Ortiz’s April 2013 on-field, pregame speech, during which — just days after the Boston Marathon bombing — he raised the microphone to his lips and slowly uttered the words,
“This is our fucking city,” to the roar of the Boston crowd.

That moment, Obama said, typified “the kind of resilience and the kind of strength that we have to continually show in the face of these terrorists.”

“They cannot defeat America, they don’t produce anything, they don’t have a message that appeals to the vast majority of Muslims or the vast majority of people around the world,” Obama said on Tuesday. “What they can do is scare. And make people afraid. And disrupt our daily lives and divide us. And as long as we don’t allow that to happen, we’re going to be OK.”

So in the face of such terror — in the wake of such brutality — Obama spent his Tuesday afternoon practicing what he preached. He went to a baseball game that from conception to first pitch was billed as the symbol of the newfound solidarity between these two formerly feuding nations, thus taking what he believes to be a stand against the terrorist groups of the world by taking a seat in the bleachers of that Havana stadium.

It's wonderful to have a cerebral president who can walk and chew gum at the same time. Thank you, Mr. President.

I think I might have to throw up. Don't hurt your back stretching and reaching to justify Obama's callous disregard for non-muslim lives being taken in the name of Islam.

That makes sense, but .... he was already scheduled to attend the ball game. Why would that change? :dunno:

I think I might have to throw up. Don't hurt your back stretching and reaching to justify Obama's callous disregard for non-muslim lives being taken in the name of Islam.

What in the wide world of friggety fuck does a ball game in Cuba have to do with "non-muslim" [sic] lives?

56f1aa9e1e00008e01711056.jpeg

The president emphasized that we cannot let terrorists disrupt our daily lives.

Sitting in the grandstands of Havana’s historic baseball stadium as the MLB’s Tampa Bay Rays took on the Cuban national team on Tuesday afternoon, President Barack Obama discussed his decision to attend the contest just hours after terror and tragedy struck the city of Brussels.

His reasoning had to do with fear. And with fortitude. And with refusing to cower in the face of a bully — refusing to let groups like the Islamic State dictate the rhythm and actions of the rest of the world.

“It’s always a challenge when you have a terrorist attack anywhere in the world, particularly in this age of 24-7 news coverage,” Obama explained in his live mid-game interview with ESPN. “You want to be respectful and understand the gravity of the situation. But the whole premise of terrorism is to try to disrupt people’s ordinary lives.”

Obama went on to cite Red Sox star David Ortiz’s April 2013 on-field, pregame speech, during which — just days after the Boston Marathon bombing — he raised the microphone to his lips and slowly uttered the words,
“This is our fucking city,” to the roar of the Boston crowd.

That moment, Obama said, typified “the kind of resilience and the kind of strength that we have to continually show in the face of these terrorists.”

“They cannot defeat America, they don’t produce anything, they don’t have a message that appeals to the vast majority of Muslims or the vast majority of people around the world,” Obama said on Tuesday. “What they can do is scare. And make people afraid. And disrupt our daily lives and divide us. And as long as we don’t allow that to happen, we’re going to be OK.”

So in the face of such terror — in the wake of such brutality — Obama spent his Tuesday afternoon practicing what he preached. He went to a baseball game that from conception to first pitch was billed as the symbol of the newfound solidarity between these two formerly feuding nations, thus taking what he believes to be a stand against the terrorist groups of the world by taking a seat in the bleachers of that Havana stadium.

It's wonderful to have a cerebral president who can walk and chew gum at the same time. Thank you, Mr. President.

AKA

I didn't give a fuck.

Are you saying that no Muslims were killed by these terrorists? How were they so surgical to kill and injure only white Christians? Can you please give us a racial and religious breakdown of the victims?

FLASHBACK:
Obama plays golf right after death of American....

Once is a mistake.
Twice is a sign he doesn't give a crap.

"His reasoning had to do with fear. And with fortitude. And with refusing to cower in the face of a bully — refusing to let groups like the Islamic State dictate the rhythm and actions of the rest of the world."

Obama is an insensitive dolt and a coward who let the terrorists dictate his actions.

"His reasoning had to do with fear. And with fortitude. And with refusing to cower in the face of a bully — refusing to let groups like the Islamic State dictate the rhythm and actions of the rest of the world."

Obama is an insensitive dolt and a coward who let the terrorists dictate his actions.

Soooooo..... you're saying a terrorist action "dictated" his attendance at a beisbol game ..... that he was already scheduled to attend.

:eusa_doh: My brain hurts.

What is it should he have done exactly?

4 Americans needlessly murdered.
Obama disappeared.

American murdered.
Obama plays golf.

Now this....

3 times is a definite pattern.

What is it should he have done exactly?

Clearly he was supposed to bang up the time machine app on his teleprompter, don the Captain America suit, fly to Belgium and stop it before it happened.

Now it's too late.

Last edited:

Soooooo..... you're saying a terrorist action "dictated" his attendance at a beisbol game ..... that he was already scheduled to attend.

Yes instead of acting Presidential and attending to the obvious issues or showing a modicum of concern the boy who would be king went to the baseball game because he thought that it would show he was wearing his big boy pants that day. He looked like a damn fool.

Yes instead of acting Presidential and attending to the obvious issues or showing a modicum of concern the boy who would be king went to the baseball game because he thought that it would show he was wearing his big boy pants that day. He looked like a damn fool.

No, he looked like a president who is on duty 24/7.

Forum List

Back