‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’:These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy.

If there is violence, if people die, they will have enabled it.
Who do you thank for ANTIFA?

We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy.

More deflection.

Start a thread and tag me. I'll respond.

Evidently all you guys who have jumped in to deflect admit that I'm right. Good.

More deflection.

Start a thread and tag me. I'll respond.

Evidently all you guys who have jumped in to deflect admit that I'm right. Good.
The “far right” is a very tiny percent of the population

My guess is there are far more on the far left

I'm struck by the cookie-cutter rhetoric on both the far left and the far right. It's as though they have their opinions handed to them....for them to regurgitate...verbatim. There is very little nuance..not a lot of grey...black and white....and rehearsed!

These people do not strike me as problem solvers..they strike me as the problem Not because of their political views...but because of both their inflexibility and their thinly disguised fear.

In fairness, I get the same vibe from the far left--praising the Antifa and all too willing to discard our rights in the name of political correctness and historical revisionism.

As my siggie says, "Ideological Purity is death."

Neither side strikes me as being able to govern our nation worth a damn. Both sides are all too eager to destroy the other--while the middle just throws up their hands and claims impotence.

Factionalism destroyed the Roman Republic....just sayin'...

You should, or so I find, be just as struck by the cookie-cutter rhetoric of the apathetic, disinterested and uninformed middle that can't be bothered to show up when it matters, leaving the field to the much-dreaded fringe. That means that, in particular, GOP incumbents in safe districts look exclusively to their rightarded fringe who actually show up in the primaries, because they are determining the result, and that, in turn, compelled the GOP to travel from moderate right right into fringe territory. There is NO comparable mass phenomenon to be found on the left, and the result is, you see NO politician of any standing praising Antifa.

Ah, well... Factionalism sure played a role in the decline of the Roman empire, and everyone reads into history that which they hope to find. In reality, no historical event of any complexity is being brought about by just one cause, and Rome was done in by at least a dozen major causes, ranging from a decline of civic virtue, to a decline in military capabilities in the general population and the rise of mercenaries, to a decline of civic virtues and on to the increasing numbers of increasingly impoverished and disenfranchised paupers while a tiny slice accumulated obscene wealth. If you are trying to point to historical parallels, be assured there are more to be found than just "factionalism".
I said that Factionalism did in the Roman REPUBLIC...which ended with the rise of the Empire.

I disagree with your assertion that there is no parallel on the Left..with the fringes pushing the party to extremism. The ardent progressives 'primary' anyone tending towards the middle and insist that their litmus tests be met. Antifa is irrelevant in a discussion of party politics..as they eschew both parties. They get hung around the necks of the Democrats....just as white nationalists get pinned on Republicans. Not all of either party are in love with the tin foil hats...but both parties are willing to use them.
In truth, I find the primary system, in general, to be broken..forcing candidates of both sides to court the fringes...because, as you said...they're the ones who show up.

Yes, I do blame the apathetic middle as well.

Ultimately, there will be no civil war since 99 percent are happy staring down at their phones, making internet memes, and seeking that adoration and acceptance on a minute to minute basis from their friends. No, no civil war will come. We're way too obese and happy with our empty trinkets and vanity at all costs.

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
So you tried to paint Trump supporters as a bunch of racists.

How beautifully liberal!

Any person who thinks that their little pop gun weapon is any match for the greatest military in the world I have some wonderful ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell them at a very reasonable price.

The only result any far right radical extremist will experience if they start a civil war and even try to raise their little weapon to the best military in the world is being killed very quickly.

What drugs are these people on?

Have you seen any person on this forum or in the news who has claimed his gun is any match to our military? Please quote it so I can see it.

Let me guess, you were too lazy to read the article in the OP.

Stop being lazy and read the article. You will read about an idiot who stated the following:

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”

That crazy person expects to fight a civil war with the pop gun weapon in his holster.

I don't know about you but when people go to war, they fight a military. In this case, you will be fighting the greatest military force this planet has ever seen.

Good luck with that pop gun weapon against all of the weapons and equipment our military has.

Seriously, what drugs are you on?

Did no one tell you that the military basically IS the right wing? If you keep invading the nation, they might become pissed. Probably way before this farmer, they are trained killers, remember.

Still thinking open borders are a good idea?
LOL! The military is NOT basically the right wing..where did you get that absurd idea? As for ethnicity...about 70% white males..and around 50/50 White/non-White females.

Distribution of race and ethnicity among the U.S. military | Statista

so..do you think that the military would have all that hard of a time firing on a bunch of avowed White identity 'soldiers' in open rebellion against the US?

You used the term 'trained killers'--you might want to think on just what that means..the 'trained' part. You don't train a dog to bite..he knows how..you train it to bite when, and who, you want it to--thus with our military.

Thank you.

I said that Factionalism did in the Roman REPUBLIC...which ended with the rise of the Empire.

I disagree with your assertion that there is no parallel on the Left..with the fringes pushing the party to extremism. The ardent progressives 'primary' anyone tending towards the middle and insist that their litmus tests be met. Antifa is irrelevant in a discussion of party politics..as they eschew both parties. They get hung around the necks of the Democrats....just as white nationalists get pinned on Republicans. Not all of either party are in love with the tin foil hats...but both parties are willing to use them.
In truth, I find the primary system, in general, to be broken..forcing candidates of both sides to court the fringes...because, as you said...they're the ones who show up.

Yes, I do blame the apathetic middle as well.

Apologies for the "empire". That was sloppy reading on my part.

However, I said there is no comparable mass phenomenon on the left. Yes, of course, there is AOC and The Squad, but they are more cooked up by the right to create factionalism than anything else. So far, they have next to no influence, whereas on the right figures like Gaez, Gohmert, Jordan, and Trump are setting the course, dragging the establishment (McConnell etc.) behind them like the spineless goofs they have become ages ago.

"They [Antifa] get hung around the necks of the Democrats....just as white nationalists get pinned on Republicans."

No one in the Democratic party wants anything to do with Antifa, and no one in Antifa wants anything to do with Democrats. Whereas White nationalism became the main Republican selling point (tax cuts for the rich isn't all that popular), and the evidence for ties between the GOP and White nationalists is piling higher every week, from the KKK endorsing Trump to efforts at disenfranchising minorities to a GOP state lawmaker organizing White nationalist terrorists. Really, that "just as...", both-sides nonsense is getting old, fast. There is no bigger danger to the Republic than one major party becoming an authoritarian Fuehrer cult. Closely behind are reasonable people unwilling to see where the real danger resides and festers and grows. Because, "both sides"...

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

How beautifully liberal!
Some are...some are not.
My interest in the article is more to draw a parallel between RW rhetoric and what I read here.

The picture paints itself without my help..perhaps..for a change of pace...you try some objectivity?

What a bunch of crap! You think this load of BS is discussion worthy? It comes from a "video journalist" for the usual collection of liberal outlets, as well as a staffer for the Kamala Harris campaign....

Talk about propaganda....

How beautifully liberal!
Some are...some are not.
My interest in the article is more to draw a parallel between RW rhetoric and what I read here.

The picture paints itself without my help..perhaps..for a change of pace...you try some objectivity?

Maybe if opposing views to yours upset you so, you should stick to safe sites for you like DailyKOS.

When even the most reasonable of the other side, such as yourself, dismiss their interests and refuse to listen to anything they have to say in their defense,

it removes discussion or debate as a way for them to participate in the political process.

Which talk radio host and/or "nutter news" networks have whipped up the antifa goon squads?

When will intellectual frauds like you hold them to account?
Faux, hannity, Limbaugh, breightbart, too many to list, and all of them should be held accountable.
Didn't answer my question, deflectasaurus rex.

Which "nutters" have caused the open violence in the streets from leftist mobs, and when are asswagons like you going to hold them to account?

When even the most reasonable of the other side, such as yourself, dismiss their interests and refuse to listen to anything they have to say in their defense,

it removes discussion or debate as a way for them to participate in the political process.
I know the arguments. I know the reasoning. I pay close attention to both. I agree with some of them.

I'm just burned out on conversations that are tedious, asymmetrical and predictable, and I don't like being lied to.

Last edited:

Well, you should gather up your preferred pronouns and go teach them a lesson, Comrade. :thup:
LOL! The only lessen I'd like to teach is to idiots like you..who have no idea of what a Communist even is....or infers that I'm one..from a post like this. Too funny!

America is engaged in a cold civil war. on one side are the Communists, lead by a Brooklyn bartender, on the other side are the Americans, who finally are awake. If you think you don't have to choose sides, think again. Based on the idiocy you posted above, looks like you set up your Teepee in the Bernie, Shitting Bull camp...

How beautifully liberal!
Some are...some are not.

Maybe if opposing views to yours upset you so, you should stick to safe sites for you like DailyKOS.

Your ignorance amuses me. At what point do you see me upset? I glory in opposing views..especially those presented cogently and with a nuanced world view.

Alas...I doubt your input is going to qualify.

Daily Kos....really? All that would get me is another you...only the Leftist version.

No liar, you filth are the reason for it. I rarely ever listen to talk radio and don't know anyone who does. Now deny that fact with the usual fake outrage.

Well, you should gather up your preferred pronouns and go teach them a lesson, Comrade. :thup:
LOL! The only lessen I'd like to teach is to idiots like you..who have no idea of what a Communist even is....or infers that I'm one..from a post like this. Too funny!

America is engaged in a cold civil war. on one side are the Communists, lead by a Brooklyn bartender, on the other side are the Americans, who finally are awake. If you think you don't have to choose sides, think again. Based on the idiocy you posted above, looks like you set up your Teepee in the Bernie, Shitting Bull camp...
I see no need to buy into your fantasies.

I see no need to buy into your fantasies.
They are not fantasies liar.

So that crazy person thinks that trump being democratically voted out of office will result in a civil war? I've known they hate our democratic republic and all we stand for but enough to die?

Any person who thinks that their little pop gun weapon is any match for the greatest military in the world I have some wonderful ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell them at a very reasonable price.

The only result any far right radical extremist will experience if they start a civil war and even try to raise their little weapon to the best military in the world is being killed very quickly.

What drugs are these people on?

Ah, but that's the rub, isn't it Comrade? You're not legitimately voting Trump out of office, you went with a fraud impeachment based on an Imbedded CIA operative, Eric Ciaramella along with Adam the lying Schitt's lawyer Mark "The Coup has Started" Zaid. You know you can't remove the president, the Americans hold the Senate, but did this specifically to tamper with the 2020 election, just as Al Green said.

Forum List

Back