Not going to work, an interesting dichotomy.

Nobody is stopping those wage-earners from bettering themselves. This isn't 19th century England.

If they do so, who will serve you your big mac and fries?

Also, nothing is stopping them from trying to get hire wages. Yet you think they are wrong for doing so...

I don't know any of my conservative friends who give two shits about this group of people you claim are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This is the first I've heard of such a group. I think everyone is aware that government Covid payments are fucking up market dynamics and making it easy for people not to take low paying jobs. And yes, the left loves that and conservatives do not.

Those people not taking low paying jobs is whom I am talking about. And yes you do not like them, but you are good with the other group standing up for themselves.

Is McDonald's the only place they are trying to change the wages??? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

just one example. But yes, it is all over. It will be interesting to watch and see which side can hold out the longest.

Those people not taking low paying jobs is whom I am talking about. And yes you do not like them, but you are good with the other group standing up for themselves.
No you are still confused. You are creating imaginary motives. There is nothing either noble or bad about saying "Why work when I can make just as much or more not working"? It's funny that you have built some courageous narrative around that.

Why should employers be "forced" to pay higher wages? Are those employees going to necessarily produce more? Will those employers not pass on the loss to you, by raising their prices?
In I believe it is Sweden, McDonalds workers are paid roughly $22/hr and a Big Mac is a few pennies more than what is paid in America. It must be magic! How about this.....stop using all of the massive profits to buy back shares and start paying fair wages to the employees?

No you are still confused. You are creating imaginary motives. There is nothing either noble or bad about saying "Why work when I can make just as much or more not working"? It's funny that you have built some courageous narrative around that.

Pretty much all of the extra money is done and has been for a few months. yet people are still not coming back to the shit paying jobs.

Which will give first, the workers or the companies?

McDonald's is trying to create a completely automated restaurant...no staff whatsoever.

However this is going to require food processed in a factory before it hits the restaurant...but those workers are also MIA. So the idea currently is a flop.

In this country there is a group of people that are basically refusing to go to work for what they consider shit wages for shit jobs. They are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This group is venerated by the left and vilified by the right.
That's the excuse we hear ALL THE FUCKING TIME from the Chamber of Commerce and businesses. Not enough people want to do these jobs, so we MUST import illegals (to flood the market with unskilled labor so we can keep wages suppressed).
Then we have a group of people that are staging "sick outs" and quitting their jobs over the vaccine mandates, hoping to force companies not to enforce it. This group is venerated by the right and vilified by the left.
Quitting or "sicking" is not the solution. If a vaccine is mandated by an employer, the employee has some power. I have already discussed how to get this mandate in writing and signed by HR stating that getting ________ (name of specific inoculation) is a condition of employment and XYZ corp (employer) is taking responsibility for any harm it may cause.

Those mandates miraculously loosen, or the employee gets terminated and collects unemployment.

But in the end, are not both groups trying for the same thing, to use the power in numbers that employees have to force changes by employers?
One is a problem created by employers who want to pay shit wages and who have an interest in continuing to flood the unskilled job market with illegals to keep wages suppressed.

The other problem is caused by....you guessed it.....the FEDERAL FUCKING GOVERNMENT.

Businesses would pretty much not give a fuck about the vax if not for the pressure from FedGov and the threats of OSHA administrative action (costing $$$).

Last edited:
McDonald's is trying to create a completely automated restaurant...no staff whatsoever.

However this is going to require food processed in a factory before it hits the restaurant...but those workers are also MIA. So the idea currently is a flop.

a completely automated restaurant requires people to fix the machines, a much higher paying job

If they do so, who will serve you your big mac and fries?

Also, nothing is stopping them from trying to get hire wages. Yet you think they are wrong for doing so...

you will simply see more and more automation. the value of handing someone a burger and fries and going "light on the ice" only goes so far. thinking it's a $15 an hour job while many go to trade school and learn don't make that type of money.

automation doesn't call in sick. it doesn't get into fights with customers over the shirt they are wearing. it doesn't need overtime. sooner or later regardless of how emotional people wish to see this, it is a fact of life. people who own the franchise are out to get the most value they can from their investment.

we all are, usually.

the walmart near me has done away with people at cash registers. you now must check yourself out and that is likely to continue moreso than be a fad.

sooner or later you simply price your services out of the value an employer gets for them. if you choose to continue to rely on minimum wage jobs then you will continue to be phased out as the cost becomes more than moving to said automation.

Just the money I save by working from home vice driving 300 miles a week more than covers any added cost of things

and grandma and grandpa on a fixed budget?

How do they afford the increased prices when they take the grandkids out for a treat?

Forum List

Back