Not going to work, an interesting dichotomy.

Motivating a labor force is mgmt 101....one of the most basic courses in any business school.

80% of all business failures are the result of poor management. Even if management blames the labor force 100% of the time.

Currently there are many places that can't get a labor force...and the labor force is still being blamed.

Having employees who love their jobs is a bonus.
Having jobs that employees can love is a greater bonus.
I would suggest that any workplace that doesn't offer fair wages and benefits isn't going to have either.
Are you inventing an exception that we are expected to accept? Or is your workplace the rare exception?

But then should we believe it was all roses when you've already told us that you were unhappy with the performance of your supervisor?
That wasn't me that told you that, Donald.

. Let those employees go work for Big Government!
Big government pays well and in B.C., Canada it performs better on health care.
But that's just your effort to move to a different topic that only clouds the facts.
Let's not go there right now.

That wasn't me that told you that, Donald.
Oh, sorry about that. You're the one who experienced workers not showing up for work.

.........ended up making far more than the people who just showed up for a paycheck.

You're figuratively speaking again?
And then you're already asking us to believe that people who earn tips are people who are so happy with their jobs that wages become of secondary importance to them.

Is there anything on which you disagree with me?

To be honest Donald...my experience is that paying more money doesn't get you "good and faithful" employees. People like working for managers that treat them well. Managers like employees that love the job as much if not more than the pay. The people you get when you have to pay them to get off of their asses and get a job are usually the ones you want to get rid of once they are working for you! I'll take one employee who takes pride in their work over three who could care less as long as they're getting a pay check at the end of the week. Let those employees go work for Big Government!

The last study I read on that years ago stated that increased wages do not provide increased production or employee happiness. They also found that bonuses had the exact opposite effect.

There is a huge difference between an employee that wants a job and an employee that wants to work.

Why should employers be "forced" to pay higher wages? Are those employees going to necessarily produce more? Will those employers not pass on the loss to you, by raising their prices?

But the minimum wage of $7.25 is from 2009, and the prices of everything have doubled since then.
So how can workers afford rent, food, gas, etc., if their wages are not increased proportionally to everything else?

But the minimum wage of $7.25 is from 2009, and the prices of everything have doubled since then.
So how can workers afford rent, food, gas, etc., if their wages are not increased proportionally to everything else?
Yea… because raises and bonuses always made me depressed..

Nitwit

Social Security? Bankrupt.

Not true.
Social Security has plenty of assets.
It is not supposed to make a profit, so is always supposed be slightly in debt by design.
The Boomer bubble will be over by 2040, so SS will again have a surplus by then.
All it means is that either SS will need a slight tax subsidy, or a slight reduction in pay outs.

We can now conclude that China can't be blamed for taking America's jobs. America's capitalists were invited by China to go to China and set up shop. China even offered America a choice of Chinese labour or American labour. America's capitalists chose Chinese labour.

And in return for that, China asked for access to American markets (Walmarts were created) and asked for American technology to be shared.
You have no idea what you're talking about. It had nothing to do with China, it had to do with the American consumers. Business conducts itself based on consumer demand. By the late 70s, unions got so strong that the price of items were ridiculous. We dropped our solidarity with unions and American workers for less expensive products. With the unions and their strength from government, industry had no choice but to leave the state or country to produce the products Americans wanted. That's how Walmart's started to pop up everywhere.

To be honest Donald...my experience is that paying more money doesn't get you "good and faithful" employees. People like working for managers that treat them well. Managers like employees that love the job as much if not more than the pay. The people you get when you have to pay them to get off of their asses and get a job are usually the ones you want to get rid of once they are working for you! I'll take one employee who takes pride in their work over three who could care less as long as they're getting a pay check at the end of the week. Let those employees go work for Big Government!
I would like to interject and say that what you are claiming only applies to the Poor.

Otherwise;

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

The last study I read on that years ago stated that increased wages do not provide increased production or employee happiness. They also found that bonuses had the exact opposite effect.

There is a huge difference between an employee that wants a job and an employee that wants to work.
Pay attention Ray.
Higher wages attract a higher quality workforce.

And don't forget too, that a higher quality workplace also attracts the best workforce.

Once again it's due to the capitalist principle of supply and demand.

The kid at McD's is going to have to ask his/her boss for advice if you ask for the pickle to be left off of your big Mac.

Your waiter at the Ritz Carlton will likely intimidate you with his/her high quality of service and rate of pay that exceeds yours.

In this country there is a group of people that are basically refusing to go to work for what they consider shit wages for shit jobs. They are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This group is venerated by the left and vilified by the right.

Then we have a group of people that are staging "sick outs" and quitting their jobs over the vaccine mandates, hoping to force companies not to enforce it. This group is venerated by the right and vilified by the left.

But in the end, are not both groups trying for the same thing, to use the power in numbers that employees have to force changes by employers?
Sounds like they should form unions.

Most people aren't against the vaccine, Gator...they're against you forcing THEM to get jabbed! Most people are perfectly fine with YOU getting vaccinated if you so choose!

Correction: Most people on the right are fine with you getting the vaccine if you so desire. On the left, government should be forcing you to get the vaccine.

The air traffic controllers and pilots are refusing to work because of a dangerous vaccine mandate, and an injection thats killing hundreds of thousands. This other group is some type of media fairy tale about people not working because of low wages.
^^^ link to the vaccines killing hundreds of thousands...

You have no idea what you're talking about. It had nothing to do with China, it had to do with the American consumers. Business conducts itself based on consumer demand. By the late 70s, unions got so strong that the price of items were ridiculous. We dropped our solidarity with unions and American workers for less expensive products. With the unions and their strength from government, industry had no choice but to leave the state or country to produce the products Americans wanted. That's how Walmart's started to pop up everywhere.
I just read in the Journal today that this past year retirements DOUBLED from the number expected --- some 3 million inst. of 1.5 million.

No wonder. With all the disease and mandates and lockdowns and travel and assembly limits and the craziness about masks ---- no way I would work in such an environment.

Never mind whether or not I am vaccinated --- I don't TELL that kind of personal information, never did, and wouldn't work somewhere they arrogate to themselves the right to demand an answer to such an outrageous question.

They've been training us to answer any outrageous question for years, with all those forms that ask if we are a sex pervert, which of 27 sexes we think we are, do we buy and take street drugs, do we have sex, how often, with which sex ----- no wonder they think we'll answer personal health questions now.

But I won't. It is time to stop cooperating with all of this. No more dirty doctor office questions.

Note that the Biden mandates did not have a start date ---- with luck, maybe he'll back out of this when the economic crash gets bad enough. The airlines can't fly, our garbage has been sitting by the street along with everyone else's for THREE DAYS now past pickup date. We had to stop the paper, no one would deliver it. My garlic and tulip bulbs --- two different nursery companies -- have not come and are both late; a restaurant I used to go to and that was always crowded at lunch and supper now just does take-out ----------

Nobody can get the personnel to do the work. This is the government's fault with all the crazy totalitarian orders. No wonder no one will work!! I sure wouldn't if people disrespected me as much as they do disrespect personnel in these workplaces.

Pay attention Ray.
Higher wages attract a higher quality workforce.

And don't forget too, that a higher quality workplace also attracts the best workforce.

Once again it's due to the capitalist principle of supply and demand.

Again, you have no idea WTF you're talking about.

The last three companies I worked for before retirement dealt with the auto manufacturers across the state. These were very highly paid workers with benefits the government doesn't even provide to their workers. They were the most worthless pieces of shit I ever had to deal with. In fact the last company I worked for my employer refused to take any deliveries to the auto plants. He didn't have the time to tie up one driver nearly all day so they could do a job a non-union worker could do in about a half-hour.

It wasn't just the auto workers, but just about any company I dealt with that had a union. If I went to get unloaded at a company I knew nothing about, I could tell you within ten minutes if they were union or not without talking to one worker.

Higher pay does not mean higher quality work. Trust me.

Correction: Most people on the right are fine with you getting the vaccine if you so desire. On the left, government should be forcing you to get the vaccine.
My daughter-in-law said one of these woke types came in with a group to her place of business and she heard him say that everyone should have to show a vaccine ID card for every transaction in public.

I wonder how many pieces of information would be mandated to be on that ID card chip after six months? Your whole vaccination history, whether you are too heavy for your height, where you work, what you make, where you live, phone numbers, voting history, employment history, crime records, credit history, debt ----

Forum List

Back