No-one was hurt in the "Watergate" scandal

"No one was hurt in the Watergate Scandal"

Setting aside the various convictions for their criminal activities and the hurt and pain this caused their families... Sure, I guess a person could say "no one was hurt..."

Then again...

If you consider the damage done to the office of the President, damage that lingers, IMO, to this very day, and if you consider the loss of the trust the American people had for the office of the President, one might argue that we were all hurt...
awww. imagine the PAIN. Having to watch your family member get 6 months in a minimum security prison.

Why, that's MUCH worse than knowing your sons died fighting in vain, calling for help, and being put on hold.

Fuck you, dumbass.

The media forced Nixon to resign. Imagine a secret informant that may or may not have been giving accurate information and who's identity was not revealed for 30 years until he was dead and couldn't answer questions. "Deep Throat" might have been fiction for all we know.That's the extent to which the media hated Nixon. Who could get away with that stuff today? It's just the opposite for Obama. The media circled the wagons around Hussein and avoids asking the administration tough questions. Anybody who tries to get to the bottom of the tragic example of incompetence is either attacked or ignored.

The media hated Nixon, because Nixon wiped the floor with the wuss ass of McGovern.
R.I.P.

After he had his ass handed to him by JFK.

You moron. JFK won ONLY because of Daley's chicago cheating machine.

That's common knowledge and even dumbasscrats admit it.

"ass handed to him".... you're an idiot

Setting aside the various convictions for their criminal activities and the hurt and pain this caused their families... Sure, I guess a person could say "no one was hurt..."

Then again...

If you consider the damage done to the office of the President, damage that lingers, IMO, to this very day, and if you consider the loss of the trust the American people had for the office of the President, one might argue that we were all hurt...
awww. imagine the PAIN. Having to watch your family member get 6 months in a minimum security prison.

Why, that's MUCH worse than knowing your sons died fighting in vain, calling for help, and being put on hold.

Fuck you, dumbass.

Hey, douchenoodle, I never said anything to the contrary you ignorant fuck. I was addressing the suggestion that no one was hurt in the Watergate scandal.

I recommend you check into a "Reading for Comprehension" course at your local junior college, it may help you while you remain a member of message boards.

Nitwit.

Then again...

Fuck you, dumbass.

Hey, douchenoodle, I never said anything to the contrary you ignorant fuck. I was addressing the suggestion that no one was hurt in the Watergate scandal.

I recommend you check into a "Reading for Comprehension" course at your local junior college, it may help you while you remain a member of message boards.

Nitwit.
spare me. you know as well as I the meaning of the OP. By 'hurt' they meant physically.

shut the fuck up.

In 2004 four Blackwater contractors were killed and mutilated in Fallujah. Remember that? You do now.

Why didn't Bush resign?

Yes, and you demanded that along with Impeachment 24/7. So why do you dutifully defend Obama on this and his Fast & Furious debacle?

And the president had to resign.

Yet there is a much worse event that took place in Libya on 9-11-2012
It was mis handled
It was covered up
lies were told
apologies made

Now that the truth has come out, no-one has been held in account

Do not forget that:
BHO added 3-500 billion to the base-line, and continues to claim he inherited it
BHO did not save GM, The tax payer and against the will of the people, GWB saved them with our wealth. December 2008
BHO stated that Obama-care was a deficit neutral event by stating that medicare would save the 650 billion needed. Why is there not been any budget adjustments made for 2013 by his admin or the senate? for that matter why has there not been a budget for the last 4 years?

This is a mess, and for those who live in a world of denial
In August 2004, for instance, American forces surreptitiously purchased what they believed to be containers of liquid sulfur mustard, a toxic “blister agent” used as a chemical weapon since World War I. The troops tested the liquid, and “reported two positive results for blister.” The chemical was then “triple-sealed and transported to a secure site” outside their base. …

Nearly three years later, American troops were still finding WMD in the region. An armored Buffalo vehicle unearthed a cache of artillery shells “that was covered by sacks and leaves under an Iraqi Community Watch checkpoint. “The 155mm rounds are filled with an unknown liquid, and several of which are leaking a black tar-like substance.” Initial tests were inconclusive. But later, “the rounds tested positive for mustard.”

Do not attack me, this is the facts as we know them
Wikileaks documents show WMDs found in Iraq « Hot Air
Now why wasn't anyone held to account?

I'll tell you why.

The last time Republicans tried to hold a Democrat presidency to account for its crimes against other Americans, Democrats went after the 18 House Investigators who led the case before the Supreme Court at a shameful William Jefferson Clinton's impeachment trial. Their scorched earth policy to kill the careers of these people was so successful hardly any of them survived politically and are now doing other things with what was left of their lives after the Democrats peed all over them at the precinct level.

Why do these IDIOTS think they are immune from having a clean political system when THEY DO NOTHING TO DISCIPLINE THEIR OWN, and because they have the power to dismiss laws as irrelevant, no calumny laws are pursued either. Crank failed system politicians like Communists see their golden opportunity to destroy the Republic, so they go for it for the money they can get out of a Republic-built treasury to put in their own family treasure houses. They do it by obfuscating their wealth, screaming obscenities at other wealthy people, convincing very simple people wealthy people in the other party have cheated them, while they're munching away at the treasury while nobody's looking. The treasury they say they're giving away to the poor but are actually channeling into free 100% guaranteed government loans, which are put into failed business in which they can benefit twice from with NO MERCY on the 1100 people the failed business fires one day when people are locked out and sent generous final checks to tide them over for 3 or 4 months while they go out looking for a job someplace else.

Being liberal with other people's money when you can pass a law to take it away from them stems from ignoring the Ten Commandments, grand enemy of the Democrats and some Republicans, that says "YOU SHALL NOT COVET ANYTHING THAT IS THY NEIGHBORS."

That's one of the 10 biggies, and it's not nice to pee on the Commandments by removing them from public view. They're part and parcel of the history of the United States benefiting other people in the world through giving and not taking.

To recap: The far right and the haters have a terrible OP that has fallen apart.

We are 8 days out and almost nothing will change between now and Election Tuesday.

I wish you all the best as Americans, and I will pray that you remember that which unites us more than divides us.

In 2004 four Blackwater contractors were killed and mutilated in Fallujah. Remember that? You do now.

Why didn't Bush resign?

Yes, and you demanded that along with Impeachment 24/7. So why do you dutifully defend Obama on this and his Fast & Furious debacle?

I'm not defending Obama. I said we should have stayed out of Libya a year ago. Four dead under Obama, four thousand dead under Bush, 241 dead under Reagan, 58,000 dead under Johnson and Nixon,

I don't support any of it.

Why didn't Bush resign?

I asked you why Bush didn't resign.

He should have, right?

Possibly. And i know you sure did demand it. So why are you defending Obama on this awful stuff?

No one was hurt, eh?

John N. Mitchell, Attorney General of the United States, convicted of perjury.

Richard Kleindienst, Attorney General, convicted of "refusing to answer questions" given one month in jail.

Jeb Stuart Magruder, Head of Committee to Re-elect the President, pled guilty to 1 count of conspiracy, August 1973

Frederick C. LaRue, Advisor to John Mitchell, convicted of obstruction of justice.

H. R. Haldeman, Chief of Staff for Nixon, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury.

John Ehrlichman, Counsel to Nixon, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury.

Egil Krogh, aide to John Ehrlichman, sentenced to six months.

John W. Dean III, counsel to Nixon, convicted of obstruction of justice.

Dwight L. Chapin, deputy assistant to Nixon, convicted of perjury.

Herbert W. Kalmbach, personal attorney to Nixon, convicted of illegal campaigning.

Charles W. Colson, special counsel to Nixon, convicted of obstruction of justice.

Herbert L. Porter, aide to the Committee to Re-elect the President. Convicted of perjury.

G. Gordon Liddy, Special Investigations Group, convicted of burglary.

E. Howard Hunt, Security consultant, convicted of burglary.

James W. McCord Jr., convicted of six charges of burglary, conspiracy and wiretapping.

Virgilio Gonzalez, convicted of burglary.

Bernard Barker, convicted of burglary.

Eugenio Martinez, convicted of burglary.

Frank Sturgis, convicted of burglary.

:eusa_whistle:

But no deaths...:eusa_whistle:

:cuckoo:

Libya: no crime committed by the WH or Reelection Campaign

Libya: Despicable and Shameless Partisan Attack by GOP and Romney -- before there were even Reports of America Deaths during a Terrorist Attack on America :mad:

:eusa_shhh:

JRK. Nothing could be further from the truth or disingenuous than to try an equivocate the terrorist attacks and there immediate aftermath on a consulate building in Benghazi and the impending impeachment of President Nixon in 1974.

There are many facts that are not known about the attacks in Benghazi. The press and Congress spent years investingating Nixons crimes.

Oh in case you forgot, what was found in Iraq was not product of an Active WMD program that the Bush administration claimed Saddam had. Without such a program, a conclusion challenged by the UNSC, Iraq was not a threat to the world remaining superpower. So the BS that WMD were found is a lie. Remnants and old ordinance with some chemicals does not constitue a WMD program.

The Republic Was Hurt

No one was hurt, eh?

John N. Mitchell, Attorney General of the United States, convicted of perjury.

Richard Kleindienst, Attorney General, convicted of "refusing to answer questions" given one month in jail.

Jeb Stuart Magruder, Head of Committee to Re-elect the President, pled guilty to 1 count of conspiracy, August 1973

Frederick C. LaRue, Advisor to John Mitchell, convicted of obstruction of justice.

H. R. Haldeman, Chief of Staff for Nixon, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury.

John Ehrlichman, Counsel to Nixon, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury.

Egil Krogh, aide to John Ehrlichman, sentenced to six months.

John W. Dean III, counsel to Nixon, convicted of obstruction of justice.

Dwight L. Chapin, deputy assistant to Nixon, convicted of perjury.

Herbert W. Kalmbach, personal attorney to Nixon, convicted of illegal campaigning.

Charles W. Colson, special counsel to Nixon, convicted of obstruction of justice.

Herbert L. Porter, aide to the Committee to Re-elect the President. Convicted of perjury.

G. Gordon Liddy, Special Investigations Group, convicted of burglary.

E. Howard Hunt, Security consultant, convicted of burglary.

James W. McCord Jr., convicted of six charges of burglary, conspiracy and wiretapping.

Virgilio Gonzalez, convicted of burglary.

Bernard Barker, convicted of burglary.

Eugenio Martinez, convicted of burglary.

Frank Sturgis, convicted of burglary.

:eusa_whistle:

It was mis handled
It was covered up
lies were told
apologies made

Do not forget that:
BHO added 3-500 billion to the base-line, and continues to claim he inherited it
BHO did not save GM, The tax payer and against the will of the people, GWB saved them with our wealth. December 2008
BHO stated that Obama-care was a deficit neutral event by stating that medicare would save the 650 billion needed. Why is there not been any budget adjustments made for 2013 by his admin or the senate? for that matter why has there not been a budget for the last 4 years?

In August 2004, for instance, American forces surreptitiously purchased what they believed to be containers of liquid sulfur mustard, a toxic “blister agent” used as a chemical weapon since World War I. The troops tested the liquid, and “reported two positive results for blister.” The chemical was then “triple-sealed and transported to a secure site” outside their base. …

Nearly three years later, American troops were still finding WMD in the region. An armored Buffalo vehicle unearthed a cache of artillery shells “that was covered by sacks and leaves under an Iraqi Community Watch checkpoint. “The 155mm rounds are filled with an unknown liquid, and several of which are leaking a black tar-like substance.” Initial tests were inconclusive. But later, “the rounds tested positive for mustard.”

I would be ashamed (and embarrassed) to postulate an argument so fallacious. And just plain lame.

Fuck you, dumbass.

Nitwit.
spare me. you know as well as I the meaning of the OP. By 'hurt' they meant physically.

Again, I was not suggesting otherwise, tool.

shut the fuck up.

Make me.

Why didn't Bush resign?

GWB never let any-one die without trying to help them
Those people begged for help for weeks
as i said

No-one died with water-gate
Nixon was impeached because of the cover up
sound familer

It was mis handled
It was covered up
lies were told
apologies made

Do not forget that:

I would be ashamed (and embarrassed) to postulate an argument so fallacious. And just plain lame.

what part would you like to begin to debate?
stating that something is fallacious with 0 reasons as to why makes one wonder exactly what your thinking?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back