No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?
Movies and TV was once reflective of our culture in a cleaned up way. Good versus bad. With flaws in casting policies. Now it promotes Prog agendas. Bad guys are Christians. Bad gangs are mostly White guys. Whenever bad guys are not white guys there is a slight clean up of them in some way. Single parents who are women are 95% virtuous with clean homes, children who are much closer to being good or the potential thereof, prim and proper mothers, good dinners on the table and more. No sane man would leave that. Every channel promote that the world would not even exist if they do not show minorities and women in science and military documentaries. It is almost laughable. The tax rate was massively lower and a family could have been kept care of by one person way back then. This is not difficult. You want us to live the way they do in 2nd and 3rd world nation percentages. You are going to get it and you are. And what comes with it.

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?

You are wrong. If you ARE an old lady then the argument today should be redundant. We already went through the government complaining about this stuff.
No worries, there, either, Lewdog. I was persuaded by the evidence that there is no proof that violent entertainment causes violence. I still don't like it, and I still think it sends a bad message, but people like their violent entertainment too much to do anything about it. shrug

thats a super bad faith actor post right there

youre lumping all these imaginary people into your brain into the same space to support some odd emotional rant, and its gross.

you had a convo about video games and movies with myself...and IM not in this thread saying any of this bullshit, and its also weird that you take a simple, binary conversation, and get so emotionally riled up and bitter about it that your reaction is "i got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER"

That's so lame and tasteless, that post right there.
You weren't the only poster in that thread, Mister. AND the fact that I changed my mind based on the evidence that was provided to me by posters who had something intelligent to say, like you, should also say something to you.
Why so negative?

last time I checked people arent killing people to have their own Walking Dead cult ...

You are wrong. If you ARE an old lady then the argument today should be redundant. We already went through the government complaining about this stuff.
No worries, there, either, Lewdog. I was persuaded by the evidence that there is no proof that violent entertainment causes violence. I still don't like it, and I still think it sends a bad message, but people like their violent entertainment too much to do anything about it. shrug

I think if they made every movie like The Note Book, Lala Land, and Bridgette Jones's Diary the suicide rate would quadruple.

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

Not seeing a problem with having a conversation with hollywood on violence in movies. Hollywood celebs love preaching about responsibility so they should welcome a conversation about how they could be more responsible with their promoting violence in movies...

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

It appears it's a movie about "elitists" hunting non-elites and the good guys are clearly not the elitists. This is just another lie by the right.
Well, if they're shooting people for being Trump supporters, of course they're not the good guys.
This is reminding me of the North Korean reaction to that movie where whatshisface went to NK to kill KJU. Must we react like North Koreans, folks?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

Not seeing a problem with having a conversation with hollywood on violence in movies. Hollywood celebs love preaching about responsibility so they should welcome a conversation about how they could be more responsible with their promoting violence in movies...

He said he wanted to talk to Hollywood about how bad Republicans are being treated by Hollywood.

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

It appears it's a movie about "elitists" hunting non-elites and the good guys are clearly not the elitists. This is just another lie by the right.
Well, if they're shooting people for being Trump supporters, of course they're not the good guys.
This is reminding me of the North Korean reaction to that movie where whatshisface went to NK to kill KJU. Must we react like North Koreans, folks?

The Interview.

youre lumping all these imaginary people into your brain into the same space to support some odd emotional rant, and its gross.

you had a convo about video games and movies with myself...and IM not in this thread saying any of this bullshit, and its also weird that you take a simple, binary conversation, and get so emotionally riled up and bitter about it that your reaction is "i got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER"

You weren't the only poster in that thread, Mister. AND the fact that I changed my mind based on the evidence that was provided to me by posters who had something intelligent to say, like you, should also say something to you.
Why so negative?
I was responding to your post of negative energy - that's the beginning and end of that answer. You said: - "No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?"

That's sarcasm...and you did have a good discussion and people are wasting real life time to have them with you, right...and you saying you "changed your mind based on evidence" and then making that sarcastic comment... doesn't wash. It disrespects the time had in the good discussion, it's bad faith.

Complaining that you were "told" something "over and over and over and over" (in caps, for effect) and then now saying folks were speaking intelligently doesn't wash...it's disrespect.

And finally, your point was "you people are rich" because of something they said yesterday, and none of them are even here, that I'm aware of. Except now...me...so I'm not sure who's being "rich" as it pertains to whatever hypocrisy you're beefing about but it seems pretty imaginary.

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

The Interview.
I watched that, just out of curiosity after all the publicity. It wasn't much of a "satire," really, if I remember right. I can see why KJU got a little bent out of shape about it.

For some reason I bet a lot of Trump supporters enjoyed the movie Enemy of the State back in the day, but are complaining now.

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

The Interview.
I watched that, just out of curiosity after all the publicity. It wasn't much of a "satire," really, if I remember right. I can see why KJU got a little bent out of shape about it.

They were just mad that it was portrayed that Kim Jong-Un was killed... and that the U.S. was trying to plan it.

They hacked Sony over it.

Good deal, more tits, less blood Mr. President! More tits.

</sarcasm>

Cereally though, he'll probably suggest hunting illegal Mexicans in those people hunting people movies!

But they can't win.

That's been done by CSI Miami years ago.

With Nips, no way.

Nah, just the hunting illegals part. Although some of their beach shots come pretty damn close to showing more.

Good deal, more tits, less blood Mr. President! More tits.

</sarcasm>

Cereally though, he'll probably suggest hunting illegal Mexicans in those people hunting people movies!

But they can't win.

That's been done by CSI Miami years ago.

With Nips, no way.

Nah, just the hunting illegals part. Although some of their beach shots come pretty damn close to showing more.

Damn, I guess I have binge watch that shit some day when I retire too.

He said he wanted to talk to Hollywood about how bad Republicans are being treated by Hollywood.

poor lil Donnieboi - sooooooooooo mistreated.

Why so negative?
I was responding to your post of negative energy - that's the beginning and end of that answer. You said: - "No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?"

That's sarcasm...and you did have a good discussion and people are wasting real life time to have them with you, right...and you saying you "changed your mind based on evidence" and then making that sarcastic comment... doesn't wash. It disrespects the time had in the good discussion, it's bad faith.

Complaining that you were "told" something "over and over and over and over" (in caps, for effect) and then now saying folks were speaking intelligently doesn't wash...it's disrespect.

And finally, your point was "you people are rich" because of something they said yesterday, and none of them are even here, that I'm aware of. Except now...me...so I'm not sure who's being "rich" as it pertains to whatever hypocrisy you're beefing about but it seems pretty imaginary.
Hey, I've got a great idea, G.T. Why don't you stop wasting your time sharing your thoughts with me. Two days ago I said I would not argue with you. This kind of ridiculous overreaction is why.

Yes, I'm still smarting a bit that my idea is not backed up by evidence, but I did accept it. YOU and the folks downstairs who were in that thread--and I don't even remember who but I do remember it was a fairly gentle thread--are not "everyone" that has told me I'm all wet about this. I've been in gun control threads all week, and many times before in the years I've been here. It is a message I receive from the same people who won't give up a gun -- they're not giving up their GTA either. I believe it was YOU, twice, who said only old people believe violent entertainment influences people, and said it in a very disrespectful way. But I didn't cry about it.

Here you are, once again telling me what I really think, and with your magnificently overblown ego, taking umbrage and thinking you have some right to lecture me like a child for not liking what you said.

But for the last time, I did accept it, slight grousing aside. So fuck off.

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

Apparently. Then again this is a group of people who think Disney is too radical.

Forum List

Back