No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

If the key problem here concerning mass shootings is a "white supremacist leader spouting racist hate", how you explain all the mass shootings that occurred every year of Obamas stint in the white house?
Exactly. These propaganda parrots want us to believe these mass shootings never happened before Trump. They're as sick as the shooters.

I don't recall a single mass shooter citing President Obama as an inspiration, or quoting President Obama's words in their manifesto. Many of the mass shootings which occurred under Obama were in fact, mentally ill individuals - like the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Aurora movie theater shooting, or disgruntled employees. Only since Trump was elected and emboldened white supremacists and racists with his inflammatory rhetoric have we seen mass killers quoting the President or citing him as an inspiration.

I agree that that the number of white male rampage killings increased under Obama, but the whole racist temperature of the nation started rising considerably, when Trump started his whole birther campaign, claiming that Obama was an illegitmate President. To what extent the levels of escalating white nationalist rhetoric starting escalating in public discourse around the same time, it's hard to tell.

Nice try at "but Obama", but Trump started his Birther Campaign in 2011. Republicans said it was because Obama was "weak". If that's the case, why has it gotten worse under "strongman" Trump?
Show me the quotes. If Trump is responsible for El Paso, Democrats are responsible for Dayton.
Democrats are responsible for Dayton HOW? In what way does the people he shot tie into far left wing nihilist ideology? See, Crusius hated Hispanics for "taking over" the country and he drove many many miles to go to a place where all those Hispanics were, and he shot as many of them as he could.
So far, it sounds as if Betts was a nutcase. No argument that he was a Democrat, but it doesn't seem to have fueled his actions, unless more has come up that I am not aware of.
The shooter is responsible...not dems and not Trump and not the gun...the person shooting the gun is responsible...

post-of-the-week.jpg

Democrats are responsible for Dayton HOW? In what way does the people he shot tie into far left wing nihilist ideology? See, Crusius hated Hispanics for "taking over" the country and he drove many many miles to go to a place where all those Hispanics were, and he shot as many of them as he could.
So far, it sounds as if Betts was a nutcase. No argument that he was a Democrat, but it doesn't seem to have fueled his actions, unless more has come up that I am not aware of.

defense lawyers are now using the ' trump defense ' as a reason for the violence.
crusius' lawyer just did - saying his client was acting upon the words of his president.
Bad move, Playtime. Lawyers come up with whatever they can think of to wiggle their client out of a conviction. Abusive mother, temporary insanity, whatever. No one should be getting behind what a defense lawyer pulls out of his hat.

absolutely. but it's yet to be seen whether it will now be used as a valid defense. how awful it will be if it is - it will only open up the floodgates.
The finger pointing is going too far. Trump has a piss poor attitude toward immigrants and immigration generally and it is one of the five top reasons I wish he hadn't won. BUT it is going too far to say this guy was inspired by Trump as if that were the reason he killed all those people. Crusius was steeped in some of the ugliest rhetoric out there, according to people who know the books he was reading.
Trump sets a negative tone and I disagree with that. That's as far as I'll go.

the dude from montana is also using the trump defense. unfreakinbelievable.
What dude from Montana?

If the key problem here concerning mass shootings is a "white supremacist leader spouting racist hate", how you explain all the mass shootings that occurred every year of Obamas stint in the white house?
Exactly. These propaganda parrots want us to believe these mass shootings never happened before Trump. They're as sick as the shooters.

I don't recall a single mass shooter citing President Obama as an inspiration, or quoting President Obama's words in their manifesto. Many of the mass shootings which occurred under Obama were in fact, mentally ill individuals - like the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Aurora movie theater shooting, or disgruntled employees. Only since Trump was elected and emboldened white supremacists and racists with his inflammatory rhetoric have we seen mass killers quoting the President or citing him as an inspiration.

I agree that that the number of white male rampage killings increased under Obama, but the whole racist temperature of the nation started rising considerably, when Trump started his whole birther campaign, claiming that Obama was an illegitmate President. To what extent the levels of escalating white nationalist rhetoric starting escalating in public discourse around the same time, it's hard to tell.

Nice try at "but Obama", but Trump started his Birther Campaign in 2011. Republicans said it was because Obama was "weak". If that's the case, why has it gotten worse under "strongman" Trump?
Show me the quotes. If Trump is responsible for El Paso, Democrats are responsible for Dayton.
The shooter is responsible...not dems and not Trump and not the gun...the person shooting the gun is responsible...
Very true.

Nothing unconstitutional about morals and being a good example to young people, idiot.

you are correct, there is nothing unconstitutional about morals and being a good example to young people. you are free to do that. Other people are free to express themselves as they see fit. You see, the constitution is an amoral document...it does not care about your morals or mine or the rappers...it treats them all the same.

I love Elvis and the Beatles. They never sang about bitches, ho's, killing cops, and using the N word. Stupid jerk.

I do to, but people talked about them the same way you talk about gangster rap. The Beatles had songs about sex and drugs...how immoral of you to like their music. :21::21::21:

They also had dongs about revolution, and Bible trumpets burned their records because John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
And you're equating that with gangsta rap? You're insane.

Well for starters, how many people do you know who say they were inspired to commit murder by gansta rap?

Have you ever listened to gansta rap? I haven't, and very few people I know listen to it. My son was into it as a teenager, but it wasn't on the radio because of language, so at most, it was a fringe choice.

You can't compare the megaphone of popular music to the bully pulpit of the President of the United States.
I could listen to gangsta rap all day and it wouldn't influence me, because I can never understand a word they're saying. Truth.

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

That is a very self serving take on an extremely vague comment.

I'm surprised that you were so restrained in your take on your own assumptions?

Don't you want to call him a "racist" or a "fascist" based on the stuff you made up?

I quoted EXACTLY what he said. You sure hate it when the man you so dearly love, throws softballs out there for criticism.

Yeah, and what he said was very vague. As I referenced.

And then you just assumed specifics. In a very self serving manner.

And then you judged him based on the stuff you made up.

That was my point. Do you have a response to it, or would you like to pretend to have missed it again, so I can tell you again, for a couple of days?

Nothing unconstitutional about morals and being a good example to young people, idiot.

you are correct, there is nothing unconstitutional about morals and being a good example to young people. you are free to do that. Other people are free to express themselves as they see fit. You see, the constitution is an amoral document...it does not care about your morals or mine or the rappers...it treats them all the same.

I love Elvis and the Beatles. They never sang about bitches, ho's, killing cops, and using the N word. Stupid jerk.

I do to, but people talked about them the same way you talk about gangster rap. The Beatles had songs about sex and drugs...how immoral of you to like their music. :21::21::21:

They also had dongs about revolution, and Bible trumpets burned their records because John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
And you're equating that with gangsta rap? You're insane.

Well for starters, how many people do you know who say they were inspired to commit murder by gansta rap?

Have you ever listened to gansta rap? I haven't, and very few people I know listen to it. My son was into it as a teenager, but it wasn't on the radio because of language, so at most, it was a fringe choice.

You can't compare the megaphone of popular music to the bully pulpit of the President of the United States.
I could listen to gangsta rap all day and it wouldn't influence me, because I can never understand a word they're saying. Truth.
Well, it's pretty much...."FK the cops, FK the bitch, smoke the reefer, snort the coke, shoot up heroin, shoot the other gangsta, etc, etc.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with Hollywood? They have apparently been raping and abusing young starlets and young boys for decades. Maybe Hollywood needs a talking to. Now :anj_stfu:

Trump speaks. Hollywood listens. The studio has scrapped The Hunt.

They've only decided to scrap the scheduled ad blitz as of this weekend. Films already been delayed twice. It's ORIGINAL release data was FUBAR as well since they chose the anniversary of Columbine.. It's one failure of production mgt after another..

They're asking themselves if they feel any guilt or shame to see if the film goes back into rewrite/re-editing or gets scrapped..

What in the hell is wrong with Hollywood? They have apparently been raping and abusing young starlets and young boys for decades. Maybe Hollywood needs a talking to. Now :anj_stfu:

Do you know how many people work in Hollywood? What a stupid thing to say. I'm not saying there aren't evil people in Hollywood that don't abuse kids, but blaming ALL of Hollywood of doing it?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

While I don't give a crap about how Hollywood treats Republicans....

I'm actually starting to come around to the idea that maybe violence in media is a contributing factor.

That said, I have no idea what to do about it.

While I don't give a crap about how Hollywood treats Republicans....

I'm actually starting to come around to the idea that maybe violence in media is a contributing factor.

That said, I have no idea what to do about it.

It's not. The federal government spent millions studying it in 1980's, and it was proven not to.

defense lawyers are now using the ' trump defense ' as a reason for the violence.
crusius' lawyer just did - saying his client was acting upon the words of his president.

my apologies for mentioning the wrong person.... these nutjobs are all cut from the same cloth though.... it is YET to be determined if crusis' lawyer will use the trump defense. i had him mixed up with the whackadoodle cesar sayoc - the dude who was making bombs is one of at least 2 who are using trump's hateful rhetoric as a defense. the other s the dude from montana.

Forum List

Back