No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...
And you don't like people being able to live by the 2nd amendment....
if you want real guns banned you will have to ban them in movies and video games....

It amazes me. You watch a movie where the star shoots 147 people a minute, using 80 different guns and in real life see that same star at an anti-gun rally screeching about guns and those who dare own them. Or some celebrity having armed body guards to protect them but wailing about others wanting the same thing.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...
if you want real guns banned you will have to ban them in movies and video games....

It amazes me. You watch a movie where the star shoots 147 people a minute, using 80 different guns and in real life see that same star at an anti-gun rally screeching about guns and those who dare own them. Or some celebrity having armed body guards to protect them but wailing about others wanting the same thing.

The elites seem to think they're the only ones who should be allowed to fully exercise their constitutional rights.

You do know movies and video games aren't real life, don't you? Or do we have to ban sci-fi movies because we don't have teleporters?

Do you guys know the government has used Hollywood for government propaganda many times before.

Back in the early days of movies, the head of the FBI Hoover, HATED the message being portrayed of police in the Keystone Cops movies and the way gangsters and criminals like Dillinger were heroes. So he had specific radio shows and movies that helped make cops and the FBI look like they always got the bad guys. He even went so far as he would not hire a bald guy or a man with thinning hair into the FBI. Even when an FBI agent started to lose his hair, he'd put him on desk duty rather than let him stay in the field and be seen by citizens.

Last edited:
Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

is it?
Yes. So they say. I haven't seen it.

No one has seen it, but that doesn't prevent the Right from being victimized by it.

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?

Also for those of you that didn't live through the 1980's... this was a big deal back then and the government spent millions of dollars to study the effects of violence in movies, tv, video games, and other media, only to have the results comes back being something other than they wanted. Results found that none of the forms of media played any kind of role in inciting violence. Amazingly they found that most people know Dungeons & Dragons isn't real and if you crawl into the sewer there aren't any dragons down there.

violent video games - violent hollywood movies

a rockstar passing the focus -

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?

You are wrong. If you ARE an old lady then the argument today should be redundant. We already went through the government complaining about this stuff.

Trump doesn't need to talk to Hollywood.

He needs to talk to the American people.
Tell them to stop going to the movies.
Stop giving Hollywood money from your pocket for them to use against your safety and well being.

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

is it?

No one has seen it, but that doesn't prevent the Right from being victimized by it.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/movie-about-killing-deplorables-under-question-after-mass-shootings/

"Promotion for an upcoming horror movie starring Hilary Swank — in which a group of elite liberals are tasked with killing “deplorables” — has been put on hold following the trio of mass shootings."

Gee...

Wonder WHY the right are acting like victims?

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

is it?

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/movie-about-killing-deplorables-under-question-after-mass-shootings/

"Promotion for an upcoming horror movie starring Hilary Swank — in which a group of elite liberals are tasked with killing “deplorables” — has been put on hold following the trio of mass shootings."

Gee...

You could say the opposite however as well. Have you seen the Purge movies?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

What in the hell is wrong with Hollywood. Not even Star Wars was spared from their bigotry. They are systematically ruining every great story that people have come up with. Thor is now a woman, James Bond a black woman, and mermaid a black woman.

It's becoming harder and harder to find a movie that does not promote anti-American views, let alone sheer insanity. Someone with a clue should have a talk with them.

thats a super bad faith actor post right there

youre lumping all these imaginary people into your brain into the same space to support some odd emotional rant, and its gross.

you had a convo about video games and movies with myself...and IM not in this thread saying any of this bullshit, and its also weird that you take a simple, binary conversation, and get so emotionally riled up and bitter about it that your reaction is "i got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER"

That's so lame and tasteless, that post right there.

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

is it?

Gee...

The deplorables in the movie play the hero, and the elites the villains.

If the movie's over-arching goal was to make people piss and whine like idiots, in general, they've accomplished that without even releasing the movie.

Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

is it?

Gee...

Because they haven't seen it. How do you know a deplorable doesn't turn the tables, killed the elites, and get the girl?

Its fucking sick

Quit being such a snowflake...they are not hunting Repubs and in the end the group being hunted wins...that is the way it happens in every movie of this genre.

It's true, even after the shootings Hollywood is still working on the movie about leftists hunting down republicans. Their wet dream, however an obvious fantasy as usual. We know how that would play out in the real world.

Forum List

Back