No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

Trump would be wasting his time. Hollywood hates America. That’s why they threw their money and power behind Hillary.

Hey, folks. Great article. Hollywood does propaganda right. So watch out.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg

The easiest way to inject a propaganda idea into most people’s minds is to let it go in through the medium of an entertainment picture when they do not realise they are being propagandised…

Casablanca is a dramatic, heartbreaking movie, an unsurpassed classic from Hollywood’s golden era. But it is also an extremely effective piece of propaganda cinema, persuading an American audience reluctant to commit to another European conflict to set aside its isolationism simply by dramatising the heroism of the European resistance to Nazi Germany…

Rick advances what had traditionally been a popular American justification for isolationism:

I stick my neck out for nobody. The problems of this world are not in my department. I’m a saloon keeper.“

But for Roosevelt’s administration – and for increasing numbers of Americans – the attack on Pearl Harbor had shattered any lingering illusions that America might turn its back on the world. From this perspective the story of Casablanca is the story of Rick’s transition from aloof to engaged…

You must remember this: Casablanca at 75 – still a classic of WWII propaganda

<<<<Hollywood>>>...beating the drums of war for 100 years now.

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?
thats a super bad faith actor post right there

youre lumping all these imaginary people into your brain into the same space to support some odd emotional rant, and its gross.

you had a convo about video games and movies with myself...and IM not in this thread saying any of this bullshit, and its also weird that you take a simple, binary conversation, and get so emotionally riled up and bitter about it that your reaction is "i got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER"

That's so lame and tasteless, that post right there.
You weren't the only poster in that thread, Mister. AND the fact that I changed my mind based on the evidence that was provided to me by posters who had something intelligent to say, like you, should also say something to you.
Why so negative?
I was responding to your post of negative energy - that's the beginning and end of that answer. You said: - "No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?"

That's sarcasm...and you did have a good discussion and people are wasting real life time to have them with you, right...and you saying you "changed your mind based on evidence" and then making that sarcastic comment... doesn't wash. It disrespects the time had in the good discussion, it's bad faith.

Complaining that you were "told" something "over and over and over and over" (in caps, for effect) and then now saying folks were speaking intelligently doesn't wash...it's disrespect.

And finally, your point was "you people are rich" because of something they said yesterday, and none of them are even here, that I'm aware of. Except now...me...so I'm not sure who's being "rich" as it pertains to whatever hypocrisy you're beefing about but it seems pretty imaginary.
Hey, I've got a great idea, G.T. Why don't you stop wasting your time sharing your thoughts with me. Two days ago I said I would not argue with you. This kind of ridiculous overreaction is why.

Yes, I'm still smarting a bit that my idea is not backed up by evidence, but I did accept it. YOU and the folks downstairs who were in that thread--and I don't even remember who but I do remember it was a fairly gentle thread--are not "everyone" that has told me I'm all wet about this. I've been in gun control threads all week, and many times before in the years I've been here. It is a message I receive from the same people who won't give up a gun -- they're not giving up their GTA either. I believe it was YOU, twice, who said only old people believe violent entertainment influences people, and said it in a very disrespectful way. But I didn't cry about it.

Here you are, once again telling me what I really think, and with your magnificently overblown ego, taking umbrage and thinking you have some right to lecture me like a child for not liking what you said.

But for the last time, I did accept it, slight grousing aside. So fuck off.
you project all of that emotion

i throw it in your face and you cry - good, all the other ppl that experience the same are right about ya...youre too uppity and condescending to have a cordial convo, and you get emotional and bitter. you deserve it

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

Freedom of speech works both ways. Many people in Hollywood don't understand that concept.

Not seeing a problem with having a conversation with hollywood on violence in movies. Hollywood celebs love preaching about responsibility so they should welcome a conversation about how they could be more responsible with their promoting violence in movies...

He said he wanted to talk to Hollywood about how bad Republicans are being treated by Hollywood.
he's a fuggin weirdo ego-maniac. i saw the video of him visiting the victims and ranting about his crowd sizes...the dude's un-hinged

Like that Born on the 4th of July movie? O 1969? Or Apocalypse Now? A Bridge Too Far? Catch-22? M.A.S.H.? The Deer Hunter? Full Metal Jacket? Hair?

Not too say there aren't pro-war movies like the Green Berets but to proclaim all of Hollywood to be pro war is a tad ridic.

Awwwww....you people are rich. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day arguing that violent movies and video games contribute to our violent culture and tangentially to gun violence. I got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I was just being an old fart and I was wrong, they do NOTHING to contribute to violence. Yadayadayada.

But by God, if the target is of your political stripe, it is an absolute FELONY.

No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?

youre lumping all these imaginary people into your brain into the same space to support some odd emotional rant, and its gross.

you had a convo about video games and movies with myself...and IM not in this thread saying any of this bullshit, and its also weird that you take a simple, binary conversation, and get so emotionally riled up and bitter about it that your reaction is "i got told OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER"

You weren't the only poster in that thread, Mister. AND the fact that I changed my mind based on the evidence that was provided to me by posters who had something intelligent to say, like you, should also say something to you.
Why so negative?
I was responding to your post of negative energy - that's the beginning and end of that answer. You said: - "No worries, mon. It's all make believe and doesn't make anything happen. Remember?"

That's sarcasm...and you did have a good discussion and people are wasting real life time to have them with you, right...and you saying you "changed your mind based on evidence" and then making that sarcastic comment... doesn't wash. It disrespects the time had in the good discussion, it's bad faith.

Complaining that you were "told" something "over and over and over and over" (in caps, for effect) and then now saying folks were speaking intelligently doesn't wash...it's disrespect.

And finally, your point was "you people are rich" because of something they said yesterday, and none of them are even here, that I'm aware of. Except now...me...so I'm not sure who's being "rich" as it pertains to whatever hypocrisy you're beefing about but it seems pretty imaginary.
Hey, I've got a great idea, G.T. Why don't you stop wasting your time sharing your thoughts with me. Two days ago I said I would not argue with you. This kind of ridiculous overreaction is why.

Yes, I'm still smarting a bit that my idea is not backed up by evidence, but I did accept it. YOU and the folks downstairs who were in that thread--and I don't even remember who but I do remember it was a fairly gentle thread--are not "everyone" that has told me I'm all wet about this. I've been in gun control threads all week, and many times before in the years I've been here. It is a message I receive from the same people who won't give up a gun -- they're not giving up their GTA either. I believe it was YOU, twice, who said only old people believe violent entertainment influences people, and said it in a very disrespectful way. But I didn't cry about it.

Here you are, once again telling me what I really think, and with your magnificently overblown ego, taking umbrage and thinking you have some right to lecture me like a child for not liking what you said.

i throw it in your face and you cry - good, all the other ppl that experience the same are right about ya...youre too uppity and condescending to have a cordial convo, and you get emotional and bitter. you deserve it

Take the personal crap elsewhere.

Freedom of speech works both ways. Many people in Hollywood don't understand that concept.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Good thing there is no obligation to listen.

Why so negative?

Take the personal crap elsewhere.
if i took this website personal i'd invite the internet to watch a livestream of my firing squad

The easiest way to inject a propaganda idea into most people’s minds is to let it go in through the medium of an entertainment picture when they do not realise they are being propagandised…

Casablanca is a dramatic, heartbreaking movie, an unsurpassed classic from Hollywood’s golden era. But it is also an extremely effective piece of propaganda cinema, persuading an American audience reluctant to commit to another European conflict to set aside its isolationism simply by dramatising the heroism of the European resistance to Nazi Germany…

Rick advances what had traditionally been a popular American justification for isolationism:

I stick my neck out for nobody. The problems of this world are not in my department. I’m a saloon keeper.“

But for Roosevelt’s administration – and for increasing numbers of Americans – the attack on Pearl Harbor had shattered any lingering illusions that America might turn its back on the world. From this perspective the story of Casablanca is the story of Rick’s transition from aloof to engaged…

When I saw Casablanca the first time, I just assumed or accepted "sure we're all on her side;" no brainer, right? Who doesn't want to fight Hitler? It never occurred to me that Rick's attitude was still a pretty popular notion among Americans. My parents never talked about the war, although my dad fought in the Pacific; he signed up at 17 the day after he graduated high school. It never crossed my mind that Americans were reluctant. I read it in history books, how Roosevelt wanted to get involved a lot sooner but Congress said no... but I guess a movie sometimes can portray it better than a history book. "I don't stick my neck out for nobody."
It's pure Bogey, that's for sure.

Why is Hollywood so in love with guns and killing?.....

The rest of the world watches Hollywood violence, and plays Call of Duty, and we don't go around killing one another in mass shootings.

This is just more right wing attempts to deflect the roll that easy access to guns is the one area where the rest of the first world differs from the USA. The rest of the world doesn\t have a white supremacist leader spouting racist hate every day either.

Not seeing a problem with having a conversation with hollywood on violence in movies. Hollywood celebs love preaching about responsibility so they should welcome a conversation about how they could be more responsible with their promoting violence in movies...

He said he wanted to talk to Hollywood about how bad Republicans are being treated by Hollywood.
he's a fuggin weirdo ego-maniac. i saw the video of him visiting the victims and ranting about his crowd sizes...the dude's un-hinged

If true, he and the White House even got a baby that had been discharged from the hospital already, who's both parents were killed protecting, brought back to the hospital just for a photo op. That would be beyond ego maniac.

Speaking of free speech.....

What the hell is wrong with the left?

12c1123e95e8a633c7566fdd4eadf7cd26f3e0d20ab5ebdf81589e7d0df5d90d.jpg

Yes, that's a good thing, agree. It's also a good thing to have the liberty to speak freely. Too bad some on the left want to restrain that right.

The rest of the world watches Hollywood violence, and plays Call of Duty, and we don't go around killing one another in mass shootings.

This is just more right wing attempts to deflect the roll that easy access to guns is the one area where the rest of the first world differs from the USA. The rest of the world doesn\t have a white supremacist leader spouting racist hate every day either.
What about this: Comcast’s NBC Universal labeled ‘patently hypocritical’ over pushing both 'The Hunt' and gun control

Yes, that's a good thing, agree. It's also a good thing to have the liberty to speak freely. Too bad some on the left want to restrain that right.

The tactic of shouting people down to intimidate and halt their speech is not a liberal position, nor is it exclusive to one party or the other.

5 Memorable Moments When Town Hall Meetings Turned To Rage

It’s dishonest Trump playing the victim card – propagating the lie that conservatives are somehow being ‘oppressed’ and ‘disadvantaged’ by ‘the media.’

What about this: Comcast’s NBC Universal labeled ‘patently hypocritical’ over pushing both 'The Hunt' and gun control

That's funny. Have you seen any ads pushing "The Hunt" Where the elite hunter's become the hunted, and deplorables win! I'm outraged I tells ya, how could Hollyweid stab them elites in the back like that!

When I saw Casablanca the first time, I just assumed or accepted "sure we're all on her side;" no brainer, right? Who doesn't want to fight Hitler? It never occurred to me that Rick's attitude was still a pretty popular notion among Americans. My parents never talked about the war, although my dad fought in the Pacific; he signed up at 17 the day after he graduated high school. It never crossed my mind that Americans were reluctant. I read it in history books, how Roosevelt wanted to get involved a lot sooner but Congress said no... but I guess a movie sometimes can portray it better than a history book. "I don't stick my neck out for nobody."
It's pure Bogey, that's for sure.

Of course it never occurred to you. Why would what Americans want occur to you in the face of what Hollywood wants?

The short answer, nothing at all dumbass.

Forum List

Back