No Heart Transplant Because He’s Not Vaccinated Against COVID

What is the vaccination rate of the elderly?

58% percent of EVERYBODY is vaccinated, but not everybody is at the same risk of severe COVID. Those at highest risk actually tend to be the most vaccinated, so when you correct for this factor, the efficacy of the vaccine is much greater.
trying to teach that cow about base-rate fallacy is a noble endeavour, but futile.

Gut Morgan, amigos! As I ginergely step into the Cukoo's Nest ward.
This thread about the heart transplant has been a hoot. Some of our more, ah, 'colorful' posters have shown up all full of piss'n'vinegar with their unique contributions.
Fun stuff, I tell you....fun stuff.
Let's wade in and flip over a couple of cow pies. Eh?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any doctors who deny lifesaving treatment for the sake of kneejerk political correctness is murdering their patients such as a hospital that takes a heart transplant patient off the list because they are not vaccinated thats shameful
Your rant notwithstanding, it is a crime against humanity for doctors to play politics with people’s lives
Scarcity is the excuse that these monsters use to justify their crime.....
No one is more deserving than the highest person on the list and that was him
libs are the ones condemning a man to die because they want to enforce an arbitrary vax mandate that is merely symbolic
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I no longer think the good poster Mac-7 is posting in good faith. Rather it's sort of a juvie provocatuer-thingy. Play acting.

After all, how many here think Mac-7 is really an intelligent, responsible, value-added citizen in his community?

Ummm, never mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They aren't going to waste an organ and another life (whoever doest get the transplant instead) for someone not willing to cooperate with the measures necessary for the transplant to be successful. That includes vaccines. And not just this one.
Lemme apply another, probably too obvious, example:
Let's say I'm a 2-pak a day smoker. I need a double lung transplant. But, I tell my surgical team....when this is done I ain't quitting smoking.

So, do I stay at the top of the list for next available?
Does the donor's family have any say in this?
---------------------------------------------------------

Stupidity is a badge of courage in MAGA land.
That's a bazinga!!
A hat-tip.
------------------------------------------------------------

Nice try. but all my Jewish friends see this exactly as I do.
I'm not the one lining the unjabbed up in boxcars, asshole.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, yes, the prolific poster Quitter once again wears her 'I-have-a-Jew-friend' MAGA-hat.
Count me skeptical.
After all, remember this is the same avataree who used a jackass draped in a swastika to self-identify.
As if her "Jew friend" would be impressed with promoting a swastika?
Not to mention the trivializing of the Holocaust's tragic 'boxcar' reality.
Methinks, that good poster Quitter could actually be good poster Mac-7......but cross dressed in Hitler fetish-schtick.

Other than that, I'm pretty neutral on their contributions. You too?

If the Hospital made the decision for him to at the top of the list, they can also decide that someone else is a better investment. Sorry, but you don't get your own way on this.
The hospital doesn't put anyone at the top or the bottom of the list, because the list is generated each time for each donor organ, and the hospital does not have the leeway to arbitrarily reject organs, it has to be because of policy. UNOS will make the offer based on the match algorithm, and it is up to the doctor to accept or reject it based on his medical opinion. The hospital administrator can't, for example, reject an organ because a patient was yelling "The South will rise again" from his bed that morning (morning wood joke there).

All of these decisions have to be made for medical reasons, and survivability is one of them. That's why, all other things being equal, a felon two years from release might get an organ instead of a sweet little old grandmother who loves to bake cookies, because he will likely live 20 more years than she would. Now, the vaccination requirement will likely become a national policy, but until it does, someone who needs an organ but doesn't want to get the vaccination has the expensive option of registering in another OPO and moving into that area.

That's your misinterpretation of an oversimplification and only supported because you ignore the very next sentence from the source.

Your medical opinion is based on your zombified partisan brain.
The quack doctor is blowing smoke up your ass

He admits that the patient post op has no immunity and then implies he really is protected from covid but not anything else

and libs here fell for it

The hospital administrator can't, for example, reject an organ because a patient was yelling "The South will rise again" from his bed that morning (morning wood joke there).
But he can

all it takes is for Dr Mengle to not leave a paper trail admitting his true reason

Stop pretending to have any idea what you’re talking about. You’re just a moron making shit up to be angry about.
I am taking advantage of the facts presented

if either of us is a moron its the lib doing the name calling cause you cant refute the facts

If the Hospital made the decision for him to at the top of the list, they can also decide that someone else is a better investment
Yes, based on the hospital’s political bias

BOSTON (CBS) – David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant. “My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. And Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.

“It’s kind of against his basic principles, he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson said.

Do you think it's right to deny someone medical care based on their vaccination status?

It's something the Nazis did and FDR democrats did to blacks

Thats a totally useless post for this topic

its really simple

libs running a hospital are blackmailing patients with the threat of death if they fail to do what biden wants
Are there no MAGA run hospitals? I can`t imagine why. :laughing0301:

D.J.'s mother, Tracey Ferguson. “D.J. is an informed patient,” Tracey Ferguson said in a brief interview at her home in Mendon, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southwest of Boston. “He wants to be assured by his doctors that his condition would not be worse or fatal with this COVID vaccine.”

Brigham and Women’s Hospital declined to comment on D.J. Ferguson’s case, citing patient privacy laws. But it pointed to a response that it posted on its website in which it said the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several immunizations required by most U.S. transplant programs, including a flu shot and hepatitis B vaccines.

A flu shot and hemp B vaccines too?
Those NAZI's.
Not to mention the transplant team wouldn’t require it if they believed it to be a threat to his health. The whole point of requiring vaccines is to give the patient the best possible outcome from the procedure.

BOSTON (CBS) – David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant. “My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. And Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.

“It’s kind of against his basic principles, he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson said.

Do you think it's right to deny someone medical care based on their vaccination status?

They're renaming it the Mengele Institute of Health

Forum List

Back