New Atheism believes religion should be countered, criticized and exposed

Nonsense, ever hear of flesh eating bacteria?

Why can't the gods cure that?

Here’s a simple test for faith healing:

Find two people with radical appendicitis. Person A, apply the same steps as were applied before the mid 1800's (i.e., pray over them, light incense, tell them to “believe”, rattle bones, whatever). Person B -- perform an appendectomy without any prayer. Who will survive, who will die -- consistently? Then ask yourself why is it that when using prayer (or hoping for miracles) they've always died, and not until man learned the science of medicine did people start to survive (i.e., only until man learned how to remedy appendicitis, did "god suddenly have the power to perform this miracle")? It's pretty self-evident.

I don't understand the thought process here. If I cut my hand and go to the ER, God doesn't miracle my hand shut. He doesn't just beam in the information on how to clean and suture my wound right to the doctor's brain. The doctor had to devote countless hours to study and hours of practical experience to get to the point that he knew what to do. I understand the whole "all glory to God" thing, but it's very insulting to take the doctor's effort out of the equation.

It is also insulting to imagine that the doctor is in control. God inspires physicians, as well as, preachers.

Find two people with radical appendicitis. Person A, apply the same steps as were applied before the mid 1800's (i.e., pray over them, light incense, tell them to “believe”, rattle bones, whatever). Person B -- perform an appendectomy without any prayer. Who will survive, who will die -- consistently? Then ask yourself why is it that when using prayer (or hoping for miracles) they've always died, and not until man learned the science of medicine did people start to survive (i.e., only until man learned how to remedy appendicitis, did "god suddenly have the power to perform this miracle")? It's pretty self-evident.

God created doctors. Matthew was a physician. Hospitals were founded in the United States mostly by Christians --- as were schools I might add.

God created no doctors.

You didn't create God. However, no doctors exists as a result of his own understanding.

Funny. I thought my doctor came to his conclusions based on his years of medical school, residency, fellowship, and experience not to mention keeping up with the latest developments and techniques.
Just shows how little you understand medical practice. Doctors can heal nothing. They can only try to assist the body in healing "itself."

Pure unadulterated horse manure. I was within a minute of a massive heart attack (which would have killed me) and the doctors prevented it from occurring, then they performed open heart surgery and replaced all the plumbing to my heart. Now I am as chipper as I was when I was 50!

Feel free to enjoy your belief in the almighty with my sincere support, but never, ever make a statement that is unsupported by fact.

I don't understand the thought process here. If I cut my hand and go to the ER, God doesn't miracle my hand shut. He doesn't just beam in the information on how to clean and suture my wound right to the doctor's brain. The doctor had to devote countless hours to study and hours of practical experience to get to the point that he knew what to do. I understand the whole "all glory to God" thing, but it's very insulting to take the doctor's effort out of the equation.

It is also insulting to imagine that the doctor is in control. God inspires physicians, as well as, preachers.

It's not insulting. It's just a fact.

So, identify for us the number of people who survived radical appendicitis by rattling bones, thumping bibles and prayer.

American Atheists was founded in 1963 by Madalyn Murray O'Hair as the Society of Separationists, after the legal cases Abington School District v. Schempp and Murray v. Curlett (1959) which were later consolidated. Both Schempp and Murray challenged mandatory prayer in public schools. Over the years American Atheists has filed numerous lawsuits against public institutions it considers to have breached the wall of separation between church and state. The organization, which has approximately 2,200 members, is headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey.

On August 27, 1995, Madalyn, Jon, and Robin O'Hair disappeared from the organization's former Austin, Texas headquarters, along with over $550,000 of the organization's funds. The three were abducted, robbed and murdered by ex-convict and former employee David Waters. Ellen Johnson succeeded Madalyn O'Hair after her disappearance.

Yeah? So? Atheists can be victimized by scumbags like everyone else can. Evil is an equal opportunity problem.

So, identify for us the number of people who survived radical appendicitis by rattling bones, thumping bibles and prayer.
Pagans believe in bone rattling ---not Christians. As for prayer, you may never know how many people have prayed you out of some crisis of one sort or another.

American Atheists was founded in 1963 by Madalyn Murray O'Hair as the Society of Separationists, after the legal cases Abington School District v. Schempp and Murray v. Curlett (1959) which were later consolidated. Both Schempp and Murray challenged mandatory prayer in public schools. Over the years American Atheists has filed numerous lawsuits against public institutions it considers to have breached the wall of separation between church and state. The organization, which has approximately 2,200 members, is headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey.

On August 27, 1995, Madalyn, Jon, and Robin O'Hair disappeared from the organization's former Austin, Texas headquarters, along with over $550,000 of the organization's funds. The three were abducted, robbed and murdered by ex-convict and former employee David Waters. Ellen Johnson succeeded Madalyn O'Hair after her disappearance.

Yeah? So? Atheists can be victimized by scumbags like everyone else can. Evil is an equal opportunity problem.

Even when the atheists are the head of the atheists... And what happened to them had NOTHING to do with what they believed nor how they acted?

Last edited:

Even when the atheists are the head of the atheists...

Of course. I can post many stories of supposedly religious people inflicting harm on all sorts of victims. You should read more than just the Bible.

Pagans believe in bone rattling ---not Christians. As for prayer, you may never know how many people have prayed you out of some crisis of one sort or another.

I actually do know how many people have prayed me out of some crisis of one sort or another.

Zero.

Even when the atheists are the head of the atheists...

Of course. I can post many stories of supposedly religious people inflicting harm on all sorts of victims. You should read more than just the Bible.

Of course there are many more who claim to be "Christian" then there are atheists. I do read more than just the Bible. But I also read the Bible and that is why I can read.

I actually do know how many people have prayed me out of some crisis of one sort or another.

Zero.

How do you know I'm not praying for you? PS> I do not rattle bones.

But I also read the Bible and that is why I can read.

Not because of the effort your parents and teachers put into teaching you. Not because of the time and energy you spent learning how to read. Not because of the sheer amount of materials available to you on a daily basis to read.

Not because of the effort your parents and teachers put into teaching you. Not because of the time and energy you spent learning how to read. Not because of the sheer amount of materials available to you on a daily basis to read.

Public schools were first created so Americans could read the Bible. The first textbook was the Bible. The first colleges were Christian.

Public schools were first created so Americans could read the Bible. The first textbook was the Bible. The first colleges were Christian.
Actually, schools in America were mostly designed to teach and mold young children into productive workers.

"The government-run schools of America were designed originally, in around 1840, to imitate the system of Prussia which certain leaders believed was the proper model. It had been set up to train the masses to become soldiers and workers in the munitions factories of that country in order to finally defeat Napoleon's army. The system, as Hoffer's line says, beautifully prepared the people to become a "workforce" in the hands of government, but further to be unprepared to control their own lives in a changing world. "

"One of the ways a State can keep its citizens from ever living up to their potential is to keep them ignorant. Not only ignorant, but unaware of anything other than ignorance. The purpose behind this plan is the simple maintaince of power over the people...yes, even in societies in which the people are convinced that they, themselves have all the power.

Therefore, the idea of government wanting to deprive its citizens of controlling their own destinies seems most ironic in the case of America, and yet, that is our situation with regard to our system of education."

For more on the history of American Public Schools, please check out:

The Underground History of American Education: A Schoolteacher’s Intimate Investigation Into the Problem of Modern Schooling

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
sounds very christian to me...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back