“Not only has Dawkins ruined science. He’s ruined atheism too.”

Not only has Dawkins ruined science, he’s ruined atheism too.

20 years ago, an atheist was an intellectual with whom one could have a reasonable dialogue.

Today, most people experience atheists as bellicose angry males who commonly suffer from depression, who post anonymous tirades all over the internet so they can share their misery with everyone else.

We have the New Atheists to thank for this. And their four horsemen. Dawkins – Dennett – Harris – Hitchens.

Wanna have an intelligent discussion about atheism? Read Voltaire, Nietzche or Bertrand Russell.

Agree or disagree, they will force you to think.

Wanna have a pointless shouting match with a bunch of mannerless name-callers who make up just-so stories about warm ponds and lucky lightning strikes and think they’re doing science? Sit down with guys who read Krauss, Dennett, Hitchens and Harris. Walk into a roomful of Dawkins fans.

They will force you to emote.

So, dear atheist, why are you sitting here defending any of these proselytizers?

Dawkins was molested by a homosexual as a child, so naturally he's screwed up.
Why not look over the threads at all those where Believers are attacking Atheists for NOT BELIEVING

Remember these gems?
"Without God how do you keep from raping women?" Forgetting, of course, that little Virgen Mary thing.
"Be good for goodness sake" and the outrage it caused among the Believers?

Maybe, just maybe, the perceived attitude is a response to Believer attitudes AND having to explain the same factual information 3 or 5 hundred times.

Myself? Don't know.
"God" doesn't matter.
Whatever one supposes "God" to be has no REAL impact on the REAL world.
No impact, doesn't matter.
If, in fact, "God" does exist then, "God,"
View attachment 489631
So, if "God" doesn't matter, does "God" exist?
In greek mythology the fall of the Pantheon was attributed to the Gods' failure to care for their followers, people.
This caused people to stop believing.
As fewer believed, the Gods lost their power to command which caused even fewer to believe.
My best guess is MAYBE.
But God's not something worth worshipping.
Have you never prayed for anything?

20 years ago, an atheist was an intellectual with whom one could have a reasonable dialogue.

Today, most people experience atheists as bellicose angry males who commonly suffer from depression, who post anonymous tirades all over the internet so they can share their misery with everyone else.

We have the New Atheists to thank for this. And their four horsemen. Dawkins – Dennett – Harris – Hitchens.

Wanna have an intelligent discussion about atheism? Read Voltaire, Nietzche or Bertrand Russell.

Wanna have a pointless shouting match with a bunch of mannerless name-callers who make up just-so stories about warm ponds and lucky lightning strikes and think they’re doing science? Sit down with guys who read Krauss, Dennett, Hitchens and Harris. Walk into a roomful of Dawkins fans.

So, dear atheist, why are you sitting here defending any of these proselytizers?

The only thing that Dawkins ruined was his reputation
Yet his foundation is doing better than ever. It seems to me he only ruined his reputation with people that are too sensitive to handle the things he says.
I would suggest that a man who doesn't believe in GOD is wasting precious time speaking against HIS existence.

He ruined more than that; he ruined his credibility and sanity. I used to be a regular at his forum over at infidels.org; he became deranged and essentially turned the place into a cult centered on himself, no disagreements allowed.
Literally everyone who spends their life either preaching God or atheism is a nutbag and a schizzo. I watched a religious channel for about 2 minutes today and the guy babbling about Jesus and Deuteronomy is not connected to the world, he only speaks in bible passages and this is just not normal. Dawkins saw this behavior and let it get to him, the fact is that Dawkins knows that DNA did not write itself and will go to a sad death just like Sagan did.
I would suggest that 2 minutes hardly provides one with enough time to connect anything for anyone...

I would suggest that a man who doesn't believe in GOD is wasting precious time speaking against HIS existence.
As would have every human that has believed in any of the 1000s of manmade gods. What seems more likely? They are all correct, yet believe contradictory things, or they are all full of shit? Seems obvious...

here is no safety in numbers, unless you're running from lions...
Except science isn't like your magical thinking world. It comes from evidence. Scientists don't all agree on something just because they were born in the same city, or brainwashed by parents, or believe it out of fear and selfishness An important difference that you ignored on purpose.

As would have every human that has believed in any of the 1000s of manmade gods. What seems more likely? They are all correct, yet believe contradictory things, or they are all full of shit? Seems obvious...
The GOD who formulated the BIBLE is independent of all other gods that man imagined.

Except science isn't like your magical thinking world. It comes from evidence. Scientists don't all agree on something just because they were born in the same city, or brainwashed by parents, or believe it out of fear and selfishness An important difference that you ignored on purpose.
I would hardly consider my regard of GOD magical. And while Christians live in different climes and attend different sanctuaries, I believe you would find that among fervent believers in CHRIST a rather uncanny comradery that isn't limited to race, or aptitude, or age, or beauty. There seem enough atheists out there who originated from "christian" homes to suggest that brainwashing doesn't work very well when it comes to faith.

Last edited:
I will only allow that change permits uniqueness within kinds.
So what? You're dead ass wrong and would fail a 6th grade science quiz. You are proud of this?
I certainly would not fail any 6th grade quiz. I'd give the instructor the programmed answer he wanted. But that doesn't mean one must believe everything one is taught, unless one wants to be led around by the nose.

I would hardly consider my regard of GOD magical.
Of course not. You prefer words like "miracle", because "magic" is a word that places your magical beliefs on the same shelf as any magical belief, like astrology. And you think your magical beliefs are super special and the correct ones. So naturally, you don't want them placed on this shelf. But if a voodoo priest believed a demon was going to smite the mailman for bringing junk mail, you would be happy to call that "magical". This is not a unique behavior to you or to your religion.

I would hardly consider my regard of GOD magical.
Of course not. You prefer words like "miracle", because "magic" is a word that places your magical beliefs on the same shelf as any magical belief, like astrology. And you think your magical beliefs are super special and the correct ones. So naturally, you don't want them placed on this shelf. But if a voodoo priest believed a demon was going to smite the mailman for bringing junk mail, you would be happy to call that "magical". This is not a unique behavior to you or to your religion.
Actually, I fully understand that there are demonic forces at work ---- some obvious and others not so much.

Yet his foundation is doing better than ever. It seems to me he only ruined his reputation with people that are too sensitive to handle the things he says.
loL sure, a lot of sickos and deviants support morons and sociopaths, that isn't news.

lol @ '$3.4 million Since 2009' .... Jump back!!!! lol lol lol

174,000 volunteer hours in 120 cities. lol lol lol yeah you're really setting the world on its ear here.

$700K a year and over 30% goes to admin and fundraising. There are 14 small churches in my small town that do a lot better than that.

Last edited:

He ruined more than that; he ruined his credibility and sanity. I used to be a regular at his forum over at infidels.org; he became deranged and essentially turned the place into a cult centered on himself, no disagreements allowed.
Literally everyone who spends their life either preaching God or atheism is a nutbag and a schizzo. I watched a religious channel for about 2 minutes today and the guy babbling about Jesus and Deuteronomy is not connected to the world, he only speaks in bible passages and this is just not normal. Dawkins saw this behavior and let it get to him, the fact is that Dawkins knows that DNA did not write itself and will go to a sad death just like Sagan did.

Well duh ... you mean Christian religious broadcasting shows only focus on Jesus and the bible????? OMG!!!!

Well it is true that there are plenty of delusional people that believe that DNA wrote itself in a pond one day and that also believe that 85 percent of the universe is missing. You know the ignorant think that they are educated type
I.E., educated scientists. How ironic that they are being called uneducated by a person who clearly knows less than nothing about any of this.
LOL uneducated clowns that actually believe that 85 percent of the universe is missing and that you are not real but a computer simulation.

Yawn
Again, pretty ironic to be called uneducated by such an ignorant moron on his newest sock account. I doubt a scientist would be moved.
Dawkins would be a happier person if he would just admit that God is real

LOL scientist agree that they lost 85 percent of the universe. So they invented mythical unknowable dark matter to replace what they lost. OKEEDOKEE

CIAO Charlie

And that progression creates new species, like humans.
Humans started out as humans and remained humans. No environmental change would make apes become humans. The proof is they still walk on fours and can't think and reason logically like you. If anything atheists are becoming more ape like. Do you feel like walking on all fours and knuckle dragging?

You should be embarrassed as having been caught lying and being wrong again.

174,000 volunteer hours in 120 cities. lol lol lol yeah you're really setting the world on its ear he
Not bad. And actual good work, unlike brainwashing starving children that will believe anything to get a sandwich. And there will always be moron do nothings like you that mock stuff. *yawn*

New Topics

Forum List

Back