Navy SEALs Win Major Legal Victory Against Vaccine Mandate, Injunction Issued

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013

federal district judge granted a preliminary injunction Monday against the enforcement of the Department of Defense’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate against U.S. Navy SEALs.

Thirty-five Navy Special Warfare service members sued President Joe Biden in November 2021 stating that his directive for them to get vaccinated or face possible court martial or involuntary separation violates their First Amendment right to religious liberty and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (1993).

Texas-based judge Reed O’Connor noted in his order that RFRA specifically provides the, “Government may substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person—(1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest.”

O’Connor, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, determined that the vaccine mandate substantially burdens the SEALs religious beliefs and the government has not shown requiring them to be vaccinated is the least restrictive means for furthering its interest of a healthy fighting force.

“By all accounts, Plaintiffs have safely carried out their jobs during the pandemic. Prior to the vaccine mandate, at least six Plaintiffs conducted large-scale trainings and led courses without incident,” he wrote.

Excellent news! :thup:

from the link

“Forcing a service member to choose between their faith and serving their country is abhorrent to the Constitution and America’s values,” said Mike Berry, General Counsel for First Liberty Institute. “Punishing SEALs for simply asking for a religious accommodation is purely vindictive and punitive. We’re pleased that the court has acted to protect our brave warriors before more damage is done to our national security.”

:yes_text12:

Excellent news! :thup:

from the link

“Forcing a service member to choose between their faith and serving their country is abhorrent to the Constitution and America’s values,” said Mike Berry, General Counsel for First Liberty Institute. “Punishing SEALs for simply asking for a religious accommodation is purely vindictive and punitive. We’re pleased that the court has acted to protect our brave warriors before more damage is done to our national security.”

:yes_text12:
It's what I've been arguing in the other thread that they want to trash these Seals. That their oath it to the Constitution.........God and Country. Brandon doesn't have the right to deny them the rights of the Constitution and HE IS NOT A KING.

federal district judge granted a preliminary injunction Monday against the enforcement of the Department of Defense’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate against U.S. Navy SEALs.

Thirty-five Navy Special Warfare service members sued President Joe Biden in November 2021 stating that his directive for them to get vaccinated or face possible court martial or involuntary separation violates their First Amendment right to religious liberty and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (1993).

Texas-based judge Reed O’Connor noted in his order that RFRA specifically provides the, “Government may substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person—(1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest.”

O’Connor, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, determined that the vaccine mandate substantially burdens the SEALs religious beliefs and the government has not shown requiring them to be vaccinated is the least restrictive means for furthering its interest of a healthy fighting force.

“By all accounts, Plaintiffs have safely carried out their jobs during the pandemic. Prior to the vaccine mandate, at least six Plaintiffs conducted large-scale trainings and led courses without incident,” he wrote.
Let's Go Brandon!

Got news for all of you. A preliminary injunction DOES NOT mean they don't have to get shots, it just means it is delayed until a higher court can look at it.

As far as the military and vaccines? Well, when I showed up in Orlando for boot camp back in '82, there was no religious exemption. We were all lined up, and all of us got shots for whatever the Navy said we had to have them for. That's how I found out I was allergic to Thimerserol (an ingredient in many vaccines). The glands in my neck swelled up so much that the CC (Company Commander) sent me to sick call to make sure I wouldn't die on them. Afterwards, there was a notation in my health record that said I was allergic. Did that stop my vaccinations? Nope, they gave me a different vaccine that I wasn't allergic to.

And, if a person volunteers for, or is assigned to an area where certain vaccinations are required, they get the vaccine, or they don't go, it's that simple. And, fwiw, SEALs are all volunteers for serving in special warfare. If vaccines are required, they either get them or they are kicked out of SEALs. There have been several times that I was required to get vaccines for the area I was going to, and not only that, every year, I was given a vaccine for the flu, whether or not I wanted to have it.

Sorry, but this lawsuit is going to not go anywhere, and I think that the SEALs that started it are not only stupid, but they forgot what kind of power the military has over them.

Got news for all of you. A preliminary injunction DOES NOT mean they don't have to get shots, it just means it is delayed until a higher court can look at it.

As far as the military and vaccines? Well, when I showed up in Orlando for boot camp back in '82, there was no religious exemption. We were all lined up, and all of us got shots for whatever the Navy said we had to have them for. That's how I found out I was allergic to Thimerserol (an ingredient in many vaccines). The glands in my neck swelled up so much that the CC (Company Commander) sent me to sick call to make sure I wouldn't die on them. Afterwards, there was a notation in my health record that said I was allergic. Did that stop my vaccinations? Nope, they gave me a different vaccine that I wasn't allergic to.

And, if a person volunteers for, or is assigned to an area where certain vaccinations are required, they get the vaccine, or they don't go, it's that simple. And, fwiw, SEALs are all volunteers for serving in special warfare. If vaccines are required, they either get them or they are kicked out of SEALs. There have been several times that I was required to get vaccines for the area I was going to, and not only that, every year, I was given a vaccine for the flu, whether or not I wanted to have it.

Sorry, but this lawsuit is going to not go anywhere, and I think that the SEALs that started it are not only stupid, but they forgot what kind of power the military has over them.
Whatever...........round one............Brandon gets hit. I know your religion is Gov't...........not so much for me.

I'm happy that round one goes to them..........I don't care whether you like it or not.

The Covid vaccine is ineffective and could do more harm than good. The only reason the military is giving them is because Biden says so and Biden is not respected by the military or most Americans. Basically we have an illegally and unelected POTUS pushing a needle stick.

Whatever...........round one............Brandon gets hit. I know your religion is Gov't...........not so much for me.

I'm happy that round one goes to them..........I don't care whether you like it or not.

Doesn't change the fact that if the military requires you to have the vaccine, you either get it, or you no longer serve. And no, Gov't isn't my religion, but I kinda understand it since I served over 20 years in the military, specifically the U.S. Navy. Got a pension and healthcare and all that good stuff too! And, while round one may be going to them, when all is said and done, they will either get the shot or be kicked out.

If vaccines are required, they either get them or they are kicked out of SEALs.
Some judges say you are a liar.
I was given a vaccine for the flu, whether or not I wanted to have it.
I spent four years in the Marine Corps and never had a flu vaccine in that time.
Sorry, but this lawsuit is going to not go anywhere
I guess we'll see what the real lawyers have to say, now that we've heard from the shithouse lawyer.

The Covid vaccine is ineffective and could do more harm than good. The only reason the military is giving them is because Biden says so and Biden is not respected by the military or most Americans. Basically we have an illegally and unelected POTUS pushing a needle stick.

Doesn't change the fact that the military is going to require it, and those that refuse to get it will be told that their service is no longer required.

Doesn't change the fact that if the military requires you to have the vaccine, you either get it, or you no longer serve. And no, Gov't isn't my religion, but I kinda understand it since I served over 20 years in the military, specifically the U.S. Navy. Got a pension and healthcare and all that good stuff too! And, while round one may be going to them, when all is said and done, they will either get the shot or be kicked out.
I know the drill .......Did 10 in the Navy..........Took the same oath........I took the oath to the constitution..........not a banana republic Imbecile in office. You Salute the rank and not the person wearing it.

He HAS EXCEEDED his authority.........This isn't over yet and 6 more cases are pending.

Doesn't change the fact that the military is going to require it, and those that refuse to get it will be told that their service is no longer required.
The batting average so far for Brandon isn't looking good.............You have a problem..........The vaccine actually has to work via the 1905 case..........Not the new definition that had to be changed for these experimental vaccines.............

Same shit happened in Anthrax...........Courts hit that one too.

Oh well............I really don't give a dang what a secretary has to say about it anyway.

Some judges say you are a liar.

I spent four years in the Marine Corps and never had a flu vaccine in that time.

I guess we'll see what the real lawyers have to say, now that we've heard from the shithouse lawyer.

Really? You never got vaccinated while in the Marines? Did you go to boot camp? If you did, you were vaccinated. It's a requirement. And, I'm pretty sure that your shot record would say different. See.....................I spent 20 years in the Navy, and I know how these things work. And yeah, every year, everyone I knew who was active had to get shots if some type. Like I said further up the thread, the reason I found out I was allergic to Thimerserol was because of the vaccine they gave me in boot camp. Did that stop me from being vaccinated with the rest of the Navy? Nope, they just gave me a different vaccine I wasn't allergic to. I'm pretty sure that a Corpsman would disagree with you as well.

Forum List

Back