NASA's InSight lander on Mars

how freakin many are they going to send???!!!

Many, I hope. We spend too much of my tax dollars fighting wars of choice and planning for an invasion of women & Children seeking asylum.

We have a president (no fault of me) who is ignorant and hostile to science.

It's been nearly half a century since we put men on the moon. Since then we have sent combat troops into Granada, Panama, Afghanistan and Iraq (twice), allowed our infrastructure to "rust" and ignored the pollution which contributes to Climate Changes which cost billions and more lives.

It's conservative christians muslims and jews who are holding us back from progressing. They deny science and reality and they love them some war.

Well, it's truth most scientists are either agnostics or atheists, and too many elected officials pretend to believe in a God. To do so is good politics.

Yet, in terms of ethical performance, we can see (at least those of us who are honest) that to do to others as we would have others do to us is lacking in most members of The Congress, and completely void in the behavior or those in the current White House!

The planet earth is not dying.
Earth WILL one day be VAPORIZED, and so will Mars. Our entire solar system will be because or sun is EXPLODING. It's expanding right now, and someday far in the future it will turn into a super nova and blow everything within a few light years away. If mankind is ever going to survive, we need to find a way to travel through the universe at speeds GREATER than light, but then what? Will we arrive where we wanted to go before it was there? Will speeds it takes to traverse the vastness of the universe result in time travel?

We better figure it all out, or mankind is doomed.
And the simple minded leftist moron "Unkotare" thinks our sun exploding and the plight of mankind, is... "funny."

Leave it to an imbecile democrat.

Some damn fool shitting himself over something that will happen around 10 BILLION years from now is downright hilarious. :lmao:

Almost as funny as calling me a “liberal.”

Whatever you’re drinking, you’d best put the cap back on.
Yep... simple scientific facts are wasted on DUMBASSES like you. Just STATING a scientific fact TRIGGERS you into a brain dead rant.

SO LISTEN UP EVERYONE... don't mention any scientific facts around Unko, he'll think you're taking a shit instead of talking about science and laugh at you.

You poor little ANGRY leftist idiot. I thought you leftists were the ones all for science... guess not.

You really seem confused with all this “liberal” stuff, or maybe you’re just trying to be a dick. Who knows? Anyway, I’ve been teaching Science for many years. How about you, big mouth?

Earth WILL one day be VAPORIZED, and so will Mars. Our entire solar system will be because or sun is EXPLODING. It's expanding right now, and someday far in the future it will turn into a super nova and blow everything within a few light years away. If mankind is ever going to survive, we need to find a way to travel through the universe at speeds GREATER than light, but then what? Will we arrive where we wanted to go before it was there? Will speeds it takes to traverse the vastness of the universe result in time travel?

And the simple minded leftist moron "Unkotare" thinks our sun exploding and the plight of mankind, is... "funny."

Some damn fool shitting himself over something that will happen around 10 BILLION years from now is downright hilarious. :lmao:

The human race will go extinct in about 1 billion years, when the surface water evaporates. And it could happen before then due to an impact or a solar outburst.

how freakin many are they going to send???!!!

Many, I hope. We spend too much of my tax dollars fighting wars of choice and planning for an invasion of women & Children seeking asylum.

We have a president (no fault of me) who is ignorant and hostile to science.

It's been nearly half a century since we put men on the moon. Since then we have sent combat troops into Granada, Panama, Afghanistan and Iraq (twice), allowed our infrastructure to "rust" and ignored the pollution which contributes to Climate Changes which cost billions and more lives.
great IDEA!!!!! waste more $$$$$
you're a godamn genius

The human race will go extinct in about 1 billion years, when the surface water evaporates. And it could happen before then due to an impact or a solar outburst.

Interestingly enough, there are currently reports from NASA that says an asteroid could have a chance of hitting us soon. I think it's called 2018.

Interestingly enough, there are currently reports from NASA that says an asteroid could have a chance of hitting us soon. I think it's called 2018.
As our global space program stands now, it would take a decade to build the equipment to respond to such an impactor.

Yep... simple scientific facts are wasted on DUMBASSES like you. Just STATING a scientific fact TRIGGERS you into a brain dead rant.

SO LISTEN UP EVERYONE... don't mention any scientific facts around Unko, he'll think you're taking a shit instead of talking about science and laugh at you.

You poor little ANGRY leftist idiot. I thought you leftists were the ones all for science... guess not.

You really seem confused with all this “liberal” stuff, or maybe you’re just trying to be a dick. Who knows? Anyway, I’ve been teaching Science for many years. How about you, big mouth?
Is that what qualifies you to disagree with 90% of all scientists? Teaching 8th grade science doesn’t qualify you as an expert.

I loved the cosmos. How about you? Are you a Sagan and Tyson fan?

Or it could happen sooner because of the ozone we are erasing or global warming could speed it up. But conservatives don’t think going green is important. Who’s pushing that premise? The corporations who do the most polluting. Republicans defend the corporations no matter how ridiculous the position is. They can even call the scientists the liars not the corporations. They are slick liars. They’ve convinced half of America that it’s a hoax or not a big deal

Maybe they know something we don’t know. Maybe there is nothing that can be done. Or maybe it’ll all work itself out after a massive human extinction that only leaves 1 million humans. I think the planet would be better off if only 1 million humans roamed it.

Or it could happen sooner because of the ozone we are erasing or global warming could speed it up. But conservatives don’t think going green is important. Who’s pushing that premise? The corporations who do the most polluting. Republicans defend the corporations no matter how ridiculous the position is. They can even call the scientists the liars not the corporations. They are slick liars. They’ve convinced half of America that it’s a hoax or not a big deal

Maybe they know something we don’t know. Maybe there is nothing that can be done. Or maybe it’ll all work itself out after a massive human extinction that only leaves 1 million humans. I think the planet would be better off if only 1 million humans roamed it.
You know absolutely nothing about the ozone layer, you simply rely on media bullshit to feed off of.

Maybe, but part of my being a human is thinking that we can be smart enough to thrive and have a "happy planet". The small contingent of American science deniers may be vocal, but they are weong, just as slavers we're wrong. They will lose, in the end.

You know absolutely nothing about the ozone layer, you simply rely on media bullshit to feed off of.
Haha, as opposed to your am radio shows and wingnut blogs....

It’s just an example of how us humans will one day fuck with the planets fragile force field that protects us from the rest of the universe.

Are you a republican? Then you know nothing about the ozone. Or worse. You know half truths about it.

Haha, as opposed to your am radio shows and wingnut blogs....
He knows what bp oil and rush tell him about the ozone. They tell him how the scientists are actually the liars and the media’s in on it too. Fake news

It’s just an example of how us humans will one day fuck with the planets fragile force field that protects us from the rest of the universe.

Are you a republican? Then you know nothing about the ozone. Or worse. You know half truths about it.
You a classic example of a media fed fool. like all liberals.

You probably believed the tobacco companies when they said their product didn’t cause cancer. Conservative corporate bootlicking house slaves like you defended them just like you deny global warming today. This stupidity allows republicans to pretend it’s not true because their financiers want them to deny and fox has conned you we even hear your stupidity and ignorance out loud when trump gets on tv and talks.

He is so clearly lying when he’s denying. Just like when he said he’s not sure the Saudi Prince is guilty. Do you believe that too or do you sometimes see when he’s lying?

Did you buy trump university?

You probably believed the tobacco companies when they said their product didn’t cause cancer. Conservative corporate bootlicking house slaves like you defended them just like you deny global warming today. This stupidity allows republicans to pretend it’s not true because their financiers want them to deny and fox has conned you we even hear your stupidity and ignorance out loud when trump gets on tv and talks.

He is so clearly lying when he’s denying. Just like when he said he’s not sure the Saudi Prince is guilty. Do you believe that too or do you sometimes see when he’s lying?

Did you buy trump university?
As stated you are a fool

...He hates LBJ for putting Japs [sic] in camps .. .

LBJ? Really? ...wow

Is that what qualifies you to disagree with 90% of all scientists? ...?

Logical fallacy aside, disagree about what?

This is the kind of absolutely mindless partisanship that consistently torpedoes any chance for any kind of serious discussion about ANYTHING around here.

This is the kind of absolutely mindless partisanship that consistently torpedoes any chance for any kind of serious discussion about ANYTHING around here.
If we conducted a psychology survey of those who posted on forums. political, technical, flower arranging forums or whatever, you’d discover the vast majority of contributors are in some way dysfunctional, often living with repressed anger and in search of anyone they can convince themselves is dummer than they are. In the light of this I really like the facility on this forum for moving out of control raves to a special flame section. The problem is some of those threads have substantive posts worth studying mixed with flame throwing gibberish and nastyness. On the other hand I have to give a vote of thanks to anyone willing to moderate a forum. I’ve moderated two, both technical, and found it a very difficult and thankless task.

As to the human race going extinct in about one billion years I wish I could be so optimistic.

Forum List

Back