NASA unveils probe bound for Jupiter's possibly life-sustaining moon

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
by Huw GRIFFITH
NASA's Europa Clipper Spacecraft is headed for one of Jupiter's moons to see if it has the right conditions to sustain life.

US space scientists on Thursday unveiled the interplanetary probe NASA plans to send to one of Jupiter's icy moons as part of humanity's hunt for extra-terrestrial life.

The Clipper spacecraft is due to blast off in October bound for Europa, one of dozens of moons orbiting the solar system's biggest planet, and the nearest spot in our celestial neighborhood that could offer a perch for life.

"One of the fundamental questions that NASA wants to understand is, are we alone in the cosmos?" Bob Pappalardo, the mission's project scientist told AFP.
nasas-europa-clipper-s-1.jpg

"If we were to find the conditions for life, and then someday actually find life in a place like Europa, then that would say in our own solar system there are two examples of life: Earth and Europa.

europa is probably 10 times more likely to have life on it then mars. Massive oceans bigger then earth and a lot of tidal forcing caused by jupiter.

That of course is not going to happen.

I agree. Very likely that we'll never get there.

Far more likely the human race will get wiped down at least 50%, just to keep the Globalists and their American Flying Monkeys in the UniParty in power. All the money wasted in space exploration is better spent funding Ukraine and the MIC

I agree. Very likely that we'll never get there.
To Europa? Of course we will. Do you mean, human visitors? OK, maybe. I don't see a good reason to try that.

Compulsive, offtopic cult seizure ignored.

But no we will not find those species on Europa. See, this is another opportunity for you to see what happens, when you refuse to learn anything about evolution

To Europa? Of course we will. Do you mean, human visitors? OK, maybe. I don't see a good reason to try that.

Compulsive, offtopic cult seizure ignored.

But no we will not find those species on Europa. See, this is another opportunity for you to see what happens, when you refuse to learn anything about evolution
Manned mission to Europa is pointless, apologies to Arthur C Clarke.

I'd make you a bet that we find Octopus, jellyfish and coral there, but what's the point?

Finally. We've known that Europa is the best shot at a second occurrence of life in our solar system for a long time. IF they find life it will completely change the conversation about how rare life is. Two occurrences in one solar system would suggest life is EVERYWHERE.

When and if we ever get there, we will find octopus, squids, coral and jellyfish.
Even finding remnants of something that confirms life was there at one time would be the greatest discovery we've had so far. It would be unbelievably exciting for humanity.

Finding actual living aquatic life like you're suggesting would be fucking staggering.

Even finding remnants of something that confirms life was there at one time would be the greatest discovery we've had so far. It would be unbelievably exciting for humanity.

Finding actual living aquatic life like you're suggesting would be fucking staggering.
Not really

All the aquatic Moons in our solar system will have the same general life forms: octopus, squid, jellyfish, coral and fish

Finally. We've known that Europa is the best shot at a second occurrence of life in our solar system for a long time. IF they find life it will completely change the conversation about how rare life is. Two occurrences in one solar system would suggest life is EVERYWHERE.
That would be interesting, but it’s not going to happen.

Even if it it does contain a possible life sustaining environment , So What?
There are a billion other and better things to do with the funds .

Regardless , I do not believe anything NASA says . The aim seems beyond absurd and surely hides some other intent .

Forum List

Back