Starship (Elon's Moon Rocket)

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
It sucks. In so many ways.

In the first launch attempt, it blew up on the pad. Second launch, it blew up shortly after clearing the pad. Third launch, it blew up in low earth orbit.

I suppose we can look forward to progress. We'll get to see one blow up in high earth orbit, then one will blow up on the way to the moon, and so on. Remind, me, how many Saturn V's blew up? I think it's zero.

The plan is to launch the lunar lander vehicle, leave that in low earth orbit, and then launch about 12 more rockets to put fuel in that lunar lander vehicle. Uh-huh. Whatever happened to "Keep it Simple?"

That lunar lander vehicle is ... a very tall skinny rocket. There are no landing legs at the bottom to widen the footprint. It's supposed to land on that skinny little end. On the moon, which does not have any big solid level landing pads prepared. If the landing spot is a little uneven, or the regolith is softer on one side, the whole thing topples over.

It looks like an engineering catastrophe. Fortunately, that's not the only moon lander research going on. The Blue Origin system looks a lot more sensible.

That lunar lander vehicle is ... a very tall skinny rocket. There are no landing legs at the bottom to widen the footprint. It's supposed to land on that skinny little end. On the moon, which does not have any big solid level landing pads prepared. If the landing spot is a little uneven, or the regolith is softer on one side, the whole thing topples over.

Is that why lunar landers keep falling over?

In the first launch attempt, it blew up on the pad. Second launch, it blew up shortly after clearing the pad. Third launch, it blew up in low earth orbit.

I suppose we can look forward to progress. We'll get to see one blow up in high earth orbit, then one will blow up on the way to the moon, and so on. Remind, me, how many Saturn V's blew up? I think it's zero.

The plan is to launch the lunar lander vehicle, leave that in low earth orbit, and then launch about 12 more rockets to put fuel in that lunar lander vehicle. Uh-huh. Whatever happened to "Keep it Simple?"

It looks like an engineering catastrophe. Fortunately, that's not the only moon lander research going on. The Blue Origin system looks a lot more sensible.
You nearly got something right OP .

Elon is control Opposition .
Whom do you want to publicly sacrifice ?
Him or criminal NASA, the 1% Slush Fund company

The Starship is a massive evolutionary advance over the Space Launch System even though is it is liquid fuel. The Starship is massively cheaper than the Space Launch System. We are supposed to back to the moon to stay. Not with the Space Launch System we will. The Origin system is more compared to the past. We have to go to the moon as cheap as possible. NASA keeps delaying our return. The reason is the costs and not stopping as we did with Apollo. We keep promoting the first person of color and first women on the moon while DEI has made the costs of archaic government-built systems ludicrously to expensive.

Forum List

Back