My safety or yours? Why we should begin to take risks to save our economy

No response means angry mobs met by armed police and war in the streets.

Thing is, we did respond. And rightfully so. But now that the death rates are falling, people are wanting to go back to work.

However, they are prevented from doing so by overly zealous and paranoid government officials.

You want angry mobs being met in the streets by armed police and copious amounts of urban warfare? Keep maintaining this lockdown culture. There will eventually come a rebellion.

No response means angry mobs met by armed police and war in the streets.

Thing is, we did respond. And rightfully so. But now that the death rates are falling, people are wanting to go back to work.

However, they are prevented from doing so by overly zealous and paranoid government officials.

You want angry mobs being met in the streets by armed police and copious amounts of urban warfare? Keep maintaining this lockdown culture. There will eventually come a rebellion.
You still think the only thing keeping people home is official action rather than the wish not to get sick and die. Governors are opening things up all over and many will be bewildered by the economy not just bouncing back like nothing happened.

There is hypocrisy involved and most of it is in the media. Yeah, we see media personalities broadcasting from their homes (and making a good salary) but it takes a virtual army behind the scenes to put news shows on the air. The media is willing to take a chance within certain safety factors to keep the show on but they won't offer the same consideration to other non entertainment venues. We have all the necessary services (so far) like electrical power and phone and sanitary services that involve little armies of personnel who most likely observe safety procedures but we can't trust private enterprises to observe the same concerns. Who the hell is in charge?

You still think the only thing keeping people home is official action rather than the wish not to get sick and die

Actually, all these"safer at home" orders are official action.

Some people fear of dying from starvation and malnutrition. Hence the insatiable urge to get back to work and feed themselves and/or their family. You can get sick and die from that, you know.

You still think the only thing keeping people home is official action rather than the wish not to get sick and die

Some people fear of dying from starvation and malnutrition. Hence the insatiable urge to get back to work and feed themselves and/or their family. You can get sick and die from that, you know.

It is true. People who don’t work for long periods of time can really suffer sharp mental breakdowns and cognitive decline.

It is true. People who don’t work for long periods of time can really suffer sharp mental breakdowns and cognitive decline.
I retired and put brain on off and now plum loco.
This is a world class hose job.

Maybe they should have made better choices in careers. These fine Americans should use the time off to pursue new lines of work that are considered essential during a pandemic.

Personal responsibility is the key to happiness.

Never let a good crisis go to waste right? That’s exactly what you’re doing. You want to use this virus to justify stupid liberal policies and discredit personal responsibility. You’re sooooooo lame

Wait! You agree? People who have lost their jobs are just reaping what they sowed, right? They made poor choices and now have jobs that are not essential. Tough break.

Or....are they really the smart ones? After all, those losers are making more money than they did when they were working. They are getting a nice taste of government free money while they sit on their asses. They may never want to return to work.

It must be one of the two. Right?

The "government" doesn't have any money. They have taxpayers money. Let's keep that in mind please.

Maybe they should have made better choices in careers. These fine Americans should use the time off to pursue new lines of work that are considered essential during a pandemic.

Never let a good crisis go to waste right? That’s exactly what you’re doing. You want to use this virus to justify stupid liberal policies and discredit personal responsibility. You’re sooooooo lame

Wait! You agree? People who have lost their jobs are just reaping what they sowed, right? They made poor choices and now have jobs that are not essential. Tough break.

Or....are they really the smart ones? After all, those losers are making more money than they did when they were working. They are getting a nice taste of government free money while they sit on their asses. They may never want to return to work.

The "government" doesn't have any money. They have taxpayers money. Let's keep that in mind please.
The government has my money which of course to him is now his money.

Oh boy! The lessons that I am learning in this thread are absolutely invaluable.

I’m comfortable stating that the government has more of my money than they do yours, Chief.

I’m comfortable stating that the government has more of my money than they do yours, Chief.
I know and thus you must be enjoying the perks of being a multi millionaire while I set at mere millionaire

I saw a poll today that says that a majority of people would rather hurt the economy to contain the spread of the virus rather than opening it up now.

Fine. If you want to put people out of work and sacrifice their own safety to sate your own overexaggerated fear, so be it. I'm guessing some people wouldn't open this economy until not even a strand of RNA remained of this virus. Or in essence, never.

At what point does the strain on our economy because of these lockdowns become so great that it can't be ignored anymore? What will it take for some people to understand that some of the damage this is doing to the economy will be permanent?

Where is the tipping point? At what point do we start going out and taking risks instead of sacrificing the financial futures of millions of American citizens for your own safety?

Of course, you all want safety. I want safety too. But what about those whose safety relies on their jobs and income and not simply on staying home wearing masks and social distancing?

Will you be able to explain to them why they had to make the sacrifice but not you?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Nov. 11, 1755
If we were doing testing and contact tracing in the numbers that we should be, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

but we know why Trump is desperate to get the economy open.

View attachment 339589

Trump is terrified the day he leaves office he’ll be arrested for the crimes that sent Michael to prison. Crimes for which court documents show Trump is a co-conspirator.

Cohen even has audio and signed checks and documents.

Cohen even released some of the checks:

View attachment 339590
And the other reason is that Joe Biden already said he wouldn’t pardon Trump.

You're worse than all the other tin-foil hats on this forum. I will not entertain your conspiracy theories.

I saw a poll today that says that a majority of people would rather hurt the economy to contain the spread of the virus rather than opening it up now.

Fine. If you want to put people out of work and sacrifice their own safety to sate your own overexaggerated fear, so be it. I'm guessing some people wouldn't open this economy until not even a strand of RNA remained of this virus. Or in essence, never.

At what point does the strain on our economy because of these lockdowns become so great that it can't be ignored anymore? What will it take for some people to understand that some of the damage this is doing to the economy will be permanent?

Where is the tipping point? At what point do we start going out and taking risks instead of sacrificing the financial futures of millions of American citizens for your own safety?

Of course, you all want safety. I want safety too. But what about those whose safety relies on their jobs and income and not simply on staying home wearing masks and social distancing?

Will you be able to explain to them why they had to make the sacrifice but not you?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Nov. 11, 1755
If we were doing testing and contact tracing in the numbers that we should be, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

View attachment 339589

Trump is terrified the day he leaves office he’ll be arrested for the crimes that sent Michael to prison. Crimes for which court documents show Trump is a co-conspirator.

View attachment 339590
Mueller is just about to wrap up and will nail him

View attachment 339589

View attachment 339590

Well, Cohen got released from jail this week, and I'm wondering how long it's gonna take before he decides to give an interview? Also, I'm wondering if he's gonna defend Trump, or try to take him down?

Actually, if you think about it, we ARE taking risks. We’re taking an enormous risk not doing proper testing and contact tracing.

when part of America is suffering, all of America will suffer.

And we’re about to see the Midwest, the deep South, and Appalachia get hit with a prairie fire we never imagined. And all of that could’ve been avoided with proper testing and contact tracing. But I’m pretty sure that’s a little too late now.

1590177451961.jpeg

I think we should let people decide things for themselves whenever possible. Some have real reasons to be hypervigilant. But if people are willing to go out, and the hospitals are being overwhelmed, they should.

I'm afraid the damage is done. Restaurants will be back. And I plan to have a coffee this weekend at a new coffeeshop while I continue to partly work at home. But retail? Even before the virus, I went to grocery shop, get alcohol, one bookstore, and church ….. and work of course …. but nearly everything else I did online. It seems to me retail was dying. We'll still need docs and mechanics and just stuff you can't get online.

What a heartless response. Maybe if they had powers of clairvoyance like you, maybe they would have chosen a profession that wouldn't have been affected by this virus.

This "essential" and "non-essential" stuff is garbage. For a Mother and Father of say two kids, that mother and father are essential to their children and their survival. You can't simply pick and choose what job you want, you have to take what's available or live on the streets and perish.

But yeah, I hear you. You would rather them starve.

Oh! Gee. I hadn’t thought of it that way. Thanks for giving me a different perspective.

Gee. Keep showing how little you care.

No. Really. I now understand that people sometimes find themselves in situations that they cannot control. Their status in life at birth has a great impact on what their status will be later in life. We cannot expect people to overcome every obstacle to become impervious to the effects of things like pandemics.

You helped me see this. Thanks.
Where you end usually depends on where you start.

New Topics

Forum List

Back