Multi-Talented Black Girl Wins the Scripps Spelling Bee

One can only hope that this bright, talented girl decides to study something real and not "ethnic studies" when she hits a college campus.

I can recall a "joke" from my yoot, where a "Negro" was asked in a spelling bee to spell "chrysanthemum," after the "white" kid correctly spelled, "rose." Fortunately, that doesn't happen any more.

Good for her. Talented girl.

So there's no systemic racism involved in holding this one back then?
Of course there is. She just overcame it like so many of us do.
Name one policy or law that proves the US has systemic racism.
He'll say something about mortgages or something else that isn't a law anymore watch this
I'm not going to say anything. I am not concerned with what scrubs and other low hanging fruit believe in.

One can only hope that this bright, talented girl decides to study something real and not "ethnic studies" when she hits a college campus.

I can recall a "joke" from my yoot, where a "Negro" was asked in a spelling bee to spell "chrysanthemum," after the "white" kid correctly spelled, "rose." Fortunately, that doesn't happen any more.
She has 4 stated goals. They are all just as real as ethnic studies.

To be a head coach in the NBA.
To study genetics and win a Nobel prize.
To work in disease isolation and control.
Play for the Harvard basketball team

So I had already heard that she won the spelling bee but then I found out she did it after only 2 years of practicing. Then I found out she wasn't just a book worm. She also holds some Guinness world records in juggling. The young lady has handles. This is the type of well balanced activities I stressed in my own girls. Be smart. Play a sport and be legendarily multi talented while you're at it.

congrats honey.

How could she do this in such a racist country always putting her down.

Mentally tough or completely shielded from the madness. She is only 13.

what 13 year old girl is "completely shielded"?

So I had already heard that she won the spelling bee but then I found out she did it after only 2 years of practicing. Then I found out she wasn't just a book worm. She also holds some Guinness world records in juggling. The young lady has handles. This is the type of well balanced activities I stressed in my own girls. Be smart. Play a sport and be legendarily multi talented while you're at it.

Did they allow any transgendered contestants?

I think you're too old to participate at this point.

congrats honey.

One that is completely shielded.

congrats honey.

that is tragic

congrats honey.

that is tragic

Not really. Some people chose to shield their kids from reality until they are old enough to be exposed to it. its like instead of throwing your child in the deep end of the pool you let them dip their toes first and gradually get in the shallows and learn to swim.

Good for her. Talented girl.

So there's no systemic racism involved in holding this one back then?
Of course there is. She just overcame it like so many of us do.
Name one policy or law that proves the US has systemic racism.
Why should I do that for you? You act like I care if you believe systemic racism exists.
Youre the one who spends all his time trying to convince us this racism exists, so why dont you prove It? When you fail this easy challenge, thats the moment you will know you have been wrong this whole time.

Forum List

Back