Multi-Talented Black Girl Wins the Scripps Spelling Bee

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
So I had already heard that she won the spelling bee but then I found out she did it after only 2 years of practicing. Then I found out she wasn't just a book worm. She also holds some Guinness world records in juggling. The young lady has handles. This is the type of well balanced activities I stressed in my own girls. Be smart. Play a sport and be legendarily multi talented while you're at it.

So I had already heard that she won the spelling bee but then I found out she did it after only 2 years of practicing. Then I found out she wasn't just a book worm. She also holds some Guinness world records in juggling. The young lady has handles. This is the type of well balanced activities I stressed in my own girls. Be smart. Play a sport and be legendarily multi talented while you're at it.

congrats honey.

How could she do this in such a racist country always putting her down.

congrats honey.

Determination

congrats honey.

Mentally tough or completely shielded from the madness. She is only 13.

Awesome. Love her little brother interfering with the world record attempt.

congrats honey.

In 2021 first black girl, learn how racism works.

Good for her. Talented girl.

So there's no systemic racism involved in holding this one back then?
Of course there is. She just overcame it like so many of us do.
OK so there's nothing stopping black folk in the USA after-all then.....
Of course not. No one can stop me. I think your ignorance in regard to racism causes you to believe its no big deal to place obstacles in peoples way via systemic racism and then marginalize them for not achieving the same successes as people not having to face racism. Just think. If there was no systemic racism Blacks would be leading this country in every positive category.

congrats honey.

Smart black kids are a target for the real dumb ones though. Being a young smart black kid can be hazardous

congrats honey.

In 2021 first black girl, learn how racism works.

You never think before you speak do you broad?

Read that and see how really dumb that is honey

congrats honey.

Smart black kids are a target for the real dumb ones though. Being a young smart black kid can be hazardous

Not that many dumb ones though. Being a smart Black kid is never hazardous unless you are around white people afraid they cant compete. Its like I told my girls. If someone (white people) has to try and hold you back then they are not superior to you. The are trying to hold you back so you will not surpass them. Don't ever let the racism make you quit. Obviously this young lady got the same speech from her parents.

Last edited:

Yes, thank goodness people like you are not part of this nation.
I think he is pissed because there are even more Black people over in europe like this young lady since the systemic racism is slightly less.

I think he is pissed because there are even more Black people over in europe like this young lady since the systemic racism is slightly less.
If he wants to compete he better get more basketballs..

congrats honey.

Same shit goes on with white people also and?

Ask him if he wants the protestant oppression of Irish catholics to be taught in schools and you wont see his arse for dust.

Did they allow any transgendered contestants?

Forum List

Back