More Tales Of White Supremacy And White Privilege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile you ignored this:

Because it wasn't important and I've already pointed it out arguing with Lisa.

Again- I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH AFFIRMATIVE ACTION in moderation.

And I'm all for getting rid of Athletic scholarships and admissions, a holdover from an earlier time when physical fitness was considered part of an academic life.

But the point remains, if you are bumping an Asian kid with a 4.0 GPA and a 1600 SAT for a black kid with a 3.2 GPA and a 1400 SAT, that's just shifting the racism. I can honestly see why the Asian kid is upset about it and won't be terribly surprised if SCOTUS ends ALL affirmative Action pretty soon.

For the same reason, pretty much: they had babies out of wedlock and didnā€˜t get an adequate education as a result.

I am personally in close contact with two poor people via my volunteer work teaching financial literacy. One had a baby at 17, the other at 15. Both are white, and now are around 30 with multiple children. Itā€™s always the same story.

Explain this:

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, ā€œThe Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.ā€ On page 10 this statement is written:

"The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household."

Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap, pg. 10 https://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Asset Value of Whiteness_0.pdf

Like I said in my thread, you right wingers have no solution and affirmative action beneficiaries like you and Molly don't even have the first clue about what the problem even is.

That was my point. There are poor white people, race isnā€™t a factor.
Exactly! And thatā€™s what I said in my OP - on a different thread - that blacks and whites living in poverty today are so for the same reasons. But because I didnā€™t blame racism for the black poverty, while of course holding only whites responsible for their poverty, the racist blacks came out me, calling me all sorts of awful names.

The only acceptable belief to racist black is to say ā€œitā€™s not blacksā€˜ faultAT ALL and itā€™s all the fault of racism from generations agoā€

Actually, it kind of sounds like you are making excuses for MathBoi Fly!

I think the part where he talked about "knocking white people out" and then he went on to run over five grannies and a six year old child was pretty indicative.
No, I'm stating a reality your white ass doesn't face so you can understand what caused this. As far as I'm concerned Brooks is weak because he let racism put his black ass in the place racists want us. So perhaps it's time you listened instead of being white thinking you can explain things you've never experienced.

It's apparent that you're stupid on these matters when you call some Black Hebrew Israelite shit BLM.

Wow. So the fact that Biden didnā€™t act soon enough when a problem surfaced in the fall means my niece made a bad choice? Thatā€™s a big stretch, even for someone like you.
I never said that, I asked you a question :) Actuality it was a rhetorical question, but since you brought it up, why is the president of the United States responsible for seeing that your niece's baby is fed?

Of course I have no authority. But that canā€™t mean I canā€™t point out the obvious that good choices lead to successful lives, and having babies out of wedlock and dropping out of school leads to failure, for blacks and whites alike.
But more whites do that than blacks yet your focus is on black people, rather obsessively.

Of course youā€™re angry and enraged. Thatā€™s why you lash out with ridiculous attacks like calling me ā€œevilā€ for saying that blacks who are in poverty are so due to bad lifestyle choices, and not racism.
It says more about you than me that you can only perceive me as an angry black woman, when the reality appears to be that you're simply not accustomed to a black person, especially a woman, contradicting you and refusing to back down from the things you say that are not true.

The lies that white people tell on black people can get folks killed, as we have seen again just recently. So you can either try to understand where we are coming from when we take time out of our lives to provide you with information that should enlighten you, or you can continue to believe things that are not true, continue to spread lies and risk people perceiving you as a racist and as evil. Hell even Justin Bieber knows you're evil :)
1653255767995.png

I guess you must think that what works for your family who are not black, should work for every family including those who are black. That would be a reasonable assumption, perhaps, if all other things were the same, but your family came to this country and took advantage of things that black people were not lawfully allowed to avail themselves of.

I sincerely believe that education is the way to obtaining a better life for oneself but it's not as easily obtained for everyone for various reasons.

The men who would eventually go on to become the Tuskegee Airmen had to sue the United States military in order for them to be allowed to participate in the military efforts of WWII and receive training as fighter pilots. They lived and worked in segregated barracks and were not allowed the freedom to move around that the white soldiers had simply because they were black

In 1939, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) took aim at the militaryā€™s segregationist policies. Negro newspapers and civic groups around the country began a public campaign to integrate the armed forces. The African-American Pittsburgh Courier especially agitated for acceptance of blacks in the Air Corps.​
In 1941, the campaign turned to the courts. Yancey Williams, a student at Howard University, filed a suit backed by the NAACP to force the Air Corps to accept him into training. The Corpsā€™ answer was to create a segregated unit to train black pilots and ground crews at Tuskegee Institute in Alabama.​
That wasnā€™t what the NAACP had sought; it wanted full integration. The 239 black aviators who comprised the National Airmenā€™s Association also strongly objected, but to no avail. The plan was called the Tuskegee Experiment. Member of the Tuskegee Airmen believed it was called an experiment, ā€œbecause we were supposed to fail.ā€ Contrary to what is commonly believed, however, the training at Tuskegee was the equal of that at white facilities.​
And then there were the white people in Virginia who didn't care (where have we heard t his before) that the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision Brown v Board of Education determined that the concept of "separate but equal" when it came to education was unconstitutional. They didn't want their children going to school with black children so they came up with a scheme to shut down the entire school district. That dragged on for 5 years where the white children were put into private schools but the black children had no where to go. Five years in which their education was stymied.
Before he could graduate, county officials shuttered the schools to avoid desegregating them, using a tactic to evade the law: they refused to appropriate taxes to pay for the school year. A foundation was created to support private education for white students; later tuition grants were offered. The Black students were on their own.​
Two portraits of white men
  • Left: Senator Harry Flood Byrd Sr galvanized white resistance to integration. Right: Governor J Lindsay Almond of Virginia claimed integration would cause ā€˜strife, bitterness and chaosā€™. Photographs: Alamy/Getty Images
Hamlin had promised his mother, who had only completed the sixth grade, that he would graduate high school. ā€œSo, when schools closed and Iā€™m going into the 12th grade, that was the one thing that stuck with me most, my momā€™s desire for me to graduate high school,ā€ he said. ā€œAnd now, all the sudden, through no fault of our own, it appears that I wasnā€™t going to be able to do that.ā€​
From 1959 to 1964, Black students didnā€™t receive a formal education in Prince Edward county.​
ā€œThat story is unique among the south. Thereā€™s no other locality that closes its schools for such an extended period of time in order to avoid school desegregation,ā€ said Brian Daugherity, an associate history professor at Virginia Commonwealth University who has written books about Virginiaā€™s desegregation battles.
In the 1950s, rather than integrate some public schools, Virginia closed them

All other things are NOT equal, nor have they ever been, and still are not equal yet today.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Exactly! And thatā€™s what I said in my OP - on a different thread - that blacks and whites living in poverty today are so for the same reasons. But because I didnā€™t blame racism for the black poverty, while of course holding only whites responsible for their poverty, the racist blacks came out me, calling me all sorts of awful names.

The only acceptable belief to racist black is to say ā€œitā€™s not blacksā€˜ faultAT ALL and itā€™s all the fault of racism from generations agoā€
The problem with what you say is that it's wrong. The facts show it. Now try explaining this:

"The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household."

Explain this:

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, ā€œThe Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.ā€ On page 10 this statement is written:

Sure.... That's an easy one. A white single parent is more likely to have a wider support network of family, even after they made their "mistake".

It's also a bit of misnomer to use a term like "single parent", as that includes both women who had children out of wedlock as well as women who get divorces, and white single parents are far more likely to fall in the latter category. Which means there is often an alimony/child support settlement that provides for her. Unlike the single parent in the hood, whose baby daddy has children with other women and ducks out on his child support.

No, I'm stating a reality your white ass doesn't face so you can understand what caused this. As far as I'm concerned Brooks is weak because he let racism put his black ass in the place racists want us. So perhaps it's time you listened instead of being white thinking you can explain things you've never experienced.

It's apparent that you're stupid on these matters when you call some Black Hebrew Israelite shit BLM.

Guy, it wasn't just the Black Hebrews he talked about, He talked about knocking some white people out.

What caused this is that we didn't take MathBoi Fly and toss his ass into jail for the ten or so previous offenses he committed, MOST of them committed against other black people, including family members.

(Oh, I'm going to refer to Brooks as "MathBoi Fly" from now on because I think it's funny, and I never pass up a cheap laugh.)

Everybody has a sad story, man. You either get past it or you spend your life whining about it.

I never said that, I asked you a question :) Actuality it was a rhetorical question, but since you brought it up, why is the president of the United States responsible for seeing that your niece's baby is fed?

But more whites do that than blacks yet your focus is on black people, rather obsessively.

It says more about you than me that you can only perceive me as an angry black woman, when the reality appears to be that you're simply not accustomed to a black person, especially a woman, contradicting you and refusing to back down from the things you say that are not true.

The lies that white people tell on black people can get folks killed, as we have seen again just recently. So you can either try to understand where we are coming from when we take time out of our lives to provide you with information that should enlighten you, or you can continue to believe things that are not true, continue to spread lies and risk people perceiving you as a racist and as evil. Hell even Justin Bieber knows you're evil :)
View attachment 648333

I guess you must think that what works for your family who are not black, should work for every family including those who are black. That would be a reasonable assumption, perhaps, if all other things were the same, but your family came to this country and took advantage of things that black people were not lawfully allowed to avail themselves of.

I sincerely believe that education is the way to obtaining a better life for oneself but it's not as easily obtained for everyone for various reasons.

The men who would eventually go on to become the Tuskegee Airmen had to sue the United States military in order for them to be allowed to participate in the military efforts of WWII and receive training as fighter pilots. They lived and worked in segregated barracks and were not allowed the freedom to move around that the white soldiers had simply because they were black

In 1939, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) took aim at the militaryā€™s segregationist policies. Negro newspapers and civic groups around the country began a public campaign to integrate the armed forces. The African-American Pittsburgh Courier especially agitated for acceptance of blacks in the Air Corps.​
In 1941, the campaign turned to the courts. Yancey Williams, a student at Howard University, filed a suit backed by the NAACP to force the Air Corps to accept him into training. The Corpsā€™ answer was to create a segregated unit to train black pilots and ground crews at Tuskegee Institute in Alabama.​
That wasnā€™t what the NAACP had sought; it wanted full integration. The 239 black aviators who comprised the National Airmenā€™s Association also strongly objected, but to no avail. The plan was called the Tuskegee Experiment. Member of the Tuskegee Airmen believed it was called an experiment, ā€œbecause we were supposed to fail.ā€ Contrary to what is commonly believed, however, the training at Tuskegee was the equal of that at white facilities.​
And then there were the white people in Virginia who didn't care (where have we heard t his before) that the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision Brown v Board of Education determined that the concept of "separate but equal" when it came to education was unconstitutional. They didn't want their children going to school with black children so they came up with a scheme to shut down the entire school district. That dragged on for 5 years where the white children were put into private schools but the black children had no where to go. Five years in which their education was stymied.

From 1959 to 1964, Black students didnā€™t receive a formal education in Prince Edward county.​
ā€œThat story is unique among the south. Thereā€™s no other locality that closes its schools for such an extended period of time in order to avoid school desegregation,ā€ said Brian Daugherity, an associate history professor at Virginia Commonwealth University who has written books about Virginiaā€™s desegregation battles.​
...​

All other things are NOT equal, nor have they ever been, and still are not equal yet today.
Blah, blah, blah. What worked for my family would work for anyone - and youā€™re having trouble discrediting that, so youā€™re back ā€œwaaaaaā€¦.things are not equal for blacks.ā€

The fact is that is required a lot of sacrifice, discipline, and hard work for my parents to go from poverty to the middle class. There isnā€™t a single valid reason why a black person today, with all the special affirmative action opportunities and Pell Grants that can be applied to thousands of different programs, cannot move out of poverty.

Period. Stop with the excuses. In response to your questions, I detailed very clearly what my parents had to do to get college educations when they were dirt-poor. Instead of giving credit to them for following such a wise - and yes, difficult - path, youā€™re back to whining, ā€œ.waaaaaā€¦ā€¦everythingā€™s not equal for blacks.ā€ NOT true. Blacks are actually favored these days, and Iā€™ll tell you, back in the 40s, the Jews were anything BUT favored. And it didnā€™t stop my parents.

Stop blaming racism for every failure within the black community, and start demanding accountability for their own actions and choices.

THAT is funny? My saying how it was tough for my parents during those years, going to college full time and then having to work long hours at a job to help put food on their familiesā€™ tables? Compared to what blacks have TODAY? With all the pro-black favoritism in college admissions?

The reason you wonā€™t give credit to my parents is that it would require you to hold those who make poor choices accountable. Including black people.

And P.S. Youā€™re still calling me ā€evil,ā€ even though - especially so - thst you know how angry that false accusation makes me. How horrible of you to call people evil because they wonā€™t submit to your ā€œblacks are still victimsā€ narrative.

There is no point to engaging with someone still so mired in the victimhood mindset that she canā€™t see beyond it.

Personal experience will always guide a person's reaction. Who are the violent people the police most often interact with? What happens on a daily basis in those interactions influences the spilt second decisions they have to make.. Could our police use more training? Probably so. Could some members of certain populations act more civilized,? Probably so.

In 1979, I was a young long haired Yankee pulled over by a Texas State patrolman one late night, with a water flask on the passenger floorboard and a car jammed full of my personal possessions. When the flash lights beam hit the flask he thought it was a holster containing a gun, he screamed at me to get out of the car and pulled his gun on me. He frisked me while I stood spread eagled at the hood of my car. He ordered me at gun point to walk around to my passenger side, I thought he had lost his mind and was going to kill me for being a long haired Yankee. He ordered me to slowly open the door with one hand up, it was locked and I couldn't do so. He screamed at me to open the door one handed. It was locked and i could not do so. (doors were manually locked back then) at no time did I scream obscenities at him, at no time did I refuse to follow orders.

With both hands out where he could see my hands I asked if I could retrieve my keys from the drivers side and that i would open the passenger door. He followed me around the car with his weapon pointed directly at me. I retrieved the keys and slowly walked, with gun pointed at me back around and slowly opened the door. Then with his flash light in my eyes he told me to slowly reach in with one hand, while facing him, and grab the flask, which I had filled with drinking water for my return trip to Illinois. With two fingers on my right hand I grabbed the strap on the flask and slowly lifted it out of the car. Still with the flash light directly in my eyes I handed the flask to the officer, complying with each command with "yes sir". He ordered me at gun point back to the front of my car and had me stand with arms spread on the hood and legs wide spread.

As I stood there wondering my fate I heard him pouring the contents of the flask onto the ground and then a rustling sound. He told me to stand up away from the vehicle and slowly turn around. I replied yes sir and did as instructed. After I turned around he holstered his side arm and explained that he thought the leather flask on my passenger floor board was a gun and there had been some robberies in the area over the last few weekends. He asked me a why I was traveling through there and I nervously but politely explained why and where I was going.

It turns out that the lens on my tail light had come loose and I had a white tail light which is illegal. I am as white as that tail light was, and I had a nervous policeman trying to ascertain if I was the armed criminal they were looking for. Had I been cussing, insulting and not complying with orders, had I made a sudden move to grab that harmless water flask, or done a half dozen other stupid things, my life may have come to an early end that night.

These cops get paid less than many building maintenance personnel and they risk their lives for us to have safe communities. They have to base their reactions on the experiences they have when dealing with potential suspects. A young long haired Yankee male traveling alone through Texas in the middle of the night, with a car full of his belongings which included a small tv and stereo had to look suspicious to him. He thought I was armed and had a car full of stolen loot and he probably had a family he wanted to see again too.

Did he not shoot me just because I am white, or did he not shoot me because I followed and obeyed his lawful orders without creating any other causes for concern? My guess is the latter, because I was certain that night that one wrong move and I would be dead.

edited to add, I asked him if he would radio ahead to let other potential police along the way know I was coming through so we wouldn't have to go through all that again and he looked at me and said; "NO. But if I were you I would throw this thing in your trunk", he handed me the flask and that's when I learned that he thought it was a gun. He gave me a warning to fix my tail light at the soonest opportunity and that he had better not see me again.

Last edited:
managed to go from poverty to middle class success in a single generation - while blacks are still blaming long-ago racism on why a segment of them are in poverty.
I believe when I first mentioned that blacks had been denied generational wealth, that's when you started talking about poverty and the middle class. Generational wealth refers to "old" money passed down from generation to generation and it is not usually middle, but upper class folks who do that. I have a house and a car but I do not have wealth in the sense that many owners of large corporations, politicians and wall street guys have. It was mentioned somewhere also about the times when white folks literally killed black people to keep them from getting wealthier than they were.

The quoting function is not working properly so I have to paste what I'm responding to and then my comments below the snippet

1653259111529.png

The Holocaust had not yet occurred in 1919 so do you have another excuse?

1653259074188.png

No, they're not even close to being the same thing but I now know that you can't be taken seriously.

Well at least they caught this person huh?
1653259761005.png

1653259700590.png

Attachments

• 1653258638676.png
    1653258638676.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 16

View attachment 648333

ā€œThat story is unique among the south. Thereā€™s no other locality that closes its schools for such an extended period of time in order to avoid school desegregation,ā€ said Brian Daugherity, an associate history professor at Virginia Commonwealth University who has written books about Virginiaā€™s desegregation battles.​
...​

Her point is that there are white poor people too. They can get out of poverty by working for it, they have to want to better themselves. Nobody makes excuses for poor white people.

Not sure if youā€™re trying to discredit me, but here are the answers.:

They were born here. Their parents, my grandparents, were the immigrants, who arrived penniless. None had any education beyond grade school, and both families were dirt poor. They couldnā€™t even afford the extra penny to have the ice delivered!

Full time.

They lived with their parents, and did the daily commute, which was loooong. In addition to being enrolled in college full time, they also had part-time jobs after class to help their families buy food. I donā€™t remember my dadā€™s particulars, but my mom told me she worked until 10 pm., got home around 11 pm, and then hit the books until around 2 am. I imagine my dad had a similar schedule.

Answered above.

N/A

Four years for Mom. Four and a half years for Dad because his father got sick, and my dad had to drop out to take a full-time job. That lasted six months, and then Dad resumed his studies.

As said, they didnā€™t support themselves during college. They still lived in the tenements, with their parents.

Both professional jobs.

The money came from their earnings of course. Both my parents worked, and lived in a modest apartment that allowed them to save a good amount of their salaries. They could have splurged on a nicer apartment, but they were goal-oriented toward a house.

I donā€™t want to give the names of my parents colleges, since I have already given a lot of identifying information. But the schools in their areas were fully integrated.
Well I appreciate you answering my questions but I'm still not quite clear on the details. I'll get back to you parents but it's this statement you've made that I'm more interested in at the moment because this is where it started. Also would I be correct in guessing this occurred around the mid to late 1940s?

[your parents] ... were born here. Their parents, my grandparents, were the immigrants, who arrived penniless. None had any education beyond grade school, and both families were dirt poor. They couldnā€™t even afford the extra penny to have the ice delivered!​

THAT is funny? My saying how it was tough for my parents during those years, going to college full time and then having to work long hours at a job to help put food on their familiesā€™ tables? Compared to what blacks have TODAY? With all the pro-black favoritism in college admissions?

The reason you wonā€™t give credit to my parents is that it would require you to hold those who make poor choices accountable. Including black people.
No Lisa, I just haven't gotten to your parents yet. My interest and what I was asking you about are your grandparents, the ones you say arrived penniless on the shores of America and who in 10 years time were able to rise up out of poverty to affluence. That's the tale I'm interested in knowing about.

And it's funny to me, you lecturing anyone about hard work and sacrifices because I'm probably the least educated out of our group here on U.S. Message Board. Everyone else already has their master's degree,

My 22 year old niece will have already caught up to me when she graduates with her bachelor's next week so yeah it's amusing to see you lecturing us about discipline, hard work and sacrifices.

No Lisa, I just haven't gotten to your parents yet. My interest and what I was asking you about are your grandparents, the ones you say arrived penniless on the shores of America and who in 10 years time were able to rise up out of poverty to affluence. That's the tale I'm interested in knowing about.

And it's funny to me, you lecturing anyone about hard work and sacrifices because I'm probably the least educated out of our group here on U.S. Message Board. Everyone else already has their master's degree,

My 22 year old niece will have already caught up to me when she graduates with her bachelor's next week so yeah it's amusing to see you lecturing us about discipline, hard work and sacrifices.
OK, first of all, you are completely off on the generations and the timeline. And second, I just said a couple spots up that even after I have told you how awful it is to call me evil because i wonā€™t submit to your ā€œblacks are blameless because theyā€™re victimsā€ narrative, you double down and work it AGAIN that I am evil. I told you I would not engage with your further.

Now if you have additional questions for me regarding how hard work, sacrifice, and the right choices enabled my family to move from poverty to the middle class in 10 years, then you need to say you were wrong in calling me ā€œevil,ā€ and apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back