Mom who baked cookies for school bus riders for 15 years shut down by complaint

What are the odds that the anonymous moron is some intolerant, arrogant left wing, know it all bitch?

Some of the kids in my church are allergic to "gluten" and some are allergic to "peanuts" - and the parents have a right to tell the church not to feed their children snacks that may have these ingredients in them.

Your insidious reference to liberals being intolerant and arrogant falls flat on your face, because most of the parents at my church are "conservatives"....seems to me you're a bit intolerant yourself.....:lol::lol:

This cookie thing might have been a nice gesture, but some child could end up dead as a result of this nice person not knowing that the child was allergic....better to be sure than sorry. Of course, if this was a story about a child dying because of some nice lady giving them a cookie that had an ingredient that they were allergic to, you would be blaming Obama for not putting a stop to it....:lol::lol:

What are the odds that the anonymous moron is some intolerant, arrogant left wing, know it all bitch?

Some of the kids in my church are allergic to "gluten" and some are allergic to "peanuts" - and the parents have a right to tell the church not to feed their children snacks that may have these ingredients in them.

Your insidious reference to liberals being intolerant and arrogant falls flat on your face, because most of the parents at my church are "conservatives"....seems to me you're a bit intolerant yourself.....:lol::lol:

This cookie thing might have been a nice gesture, but some child could end up dead as a result of this nice person not knowing that the child was allergic....better to be sure than sorry. Of course, if this was a story about a child dying because of some nice lady giving them a cookie that had an ingredient that they were allergic to, you would be blaming Obama for not putting a stop to it....:lol::lol:

I know one thing for sure, if a child of mine could end up dead because they took goodies from strangers, I make damned sure the kid knew to never, ever accept goodies from strangers unless I specifically gave them permission. I would know the proper questions to ask, at least until the child was old enough to understand the questions.

under the PC gestapo rules you shut down EVERYBODY's fun, because your kid is too stupid to know he/she has allergies and can not take a cookie.

Typical leftardism - if I can not have one, nobody will.

your reasoning is the exact example why leftardism is a totalitarian mental disorder.
I didn't see any notation of ages on the school bus.

This could be a 1st or 2nd grader we are talking about that is being given food without the parents permission.

Young kids aren't always known for their superior logic abilities to say no when all around them are munching on a treat.

And even then,

An allergic reaction to peanuts killed a 12-year-old Mercer Island girl who ate a neighbor's homemade cookie over the weekend.

Kristine Kastner was given a chocolate-chip cookie after her mother checked, and didn't notice the finely chopped nuts, the King County Medical Examiner's Office reported.
She ate the cookie at 4:15 p.m. Saturday, had a severe reaction that included constriction of her breathing passages, and was pronounced dead less than two hours later at Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue.
Local News | Allergic Reaction To Cookie Kills Girl | Seattle Times Newspaper

If something happened to one of those kids, what kind of consequences do you think the school would be facing?

Take your best guess.

a 1st or a 2nd grader is pretty capable of understanding that he/she is not permitted to eat the cookie because he/she might die.
If you explain it to the kid and not guard the 5-6-7 yo from the very reality of his condition FOR LIFE.

And the whole bus of kids and the driver and the mom who baked the cookies should not be punished because one kid MIGHT have food allergy and his parents are too stupid to explain to him that he can not have a cookie if he has allergy.

that is the whole point here - the PC gestapo - because one possibility of inconvenience, ALL have to suffer.

It would seem a 1st or 2nd grader are smarter than you and that's about it. Even when given evidence they are not that smart, you barrel on with your attacks. Your wrong, your a sock/troll and nothing more.

I know one thing for sure, if a child of mine could end up dead because they took goodies from strangers, I make damned sure the kid knew to never, ever accept goodies from strangers unless I specifically gave them permission. I would know the proper questions to ask, at least until the child was old enough to understand the questions.

And if they disobeyed you and took a cookie and died, you'd be singing a different tune. I bet you would be suing the school for allowing it.....don't deny it.

Last edited:

And if they disobeyed you and took a cookie and died, you'd be singing a different tune. I bet you would be suing the school for allowing it.....don't deny it.

I'm not liberal enough to be the suing type. I'm not sure how people make that connection...oh, wait, schools have budgets and therefore access to a pot of cash. So, other than getting a pot of cash, just how would suing anyone make my loss better? I have no price on the life of my child. The child had been told, he disobeyed. That would be my failure, not the school's. Now that is a different tune, isn't it? Personal responsibility, it isn't really that difficult to grasp. One of the biggest problems in this country is the fact that too many cannot accept their own responsibility in their situation and outcomes. Must be someone else's fault.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vox

I'm not liberal enough to be the suing type. I'm not sure how people make that connection...oh, wait, schools have budgets and therefore access to a pot of cash. So, other than getting a pot of cash, just how would suing anyone make my loss better? I have no price on the life of my child. The child had been told, he disobeyed. That would be my failure, not the school's. Now that is a different tune, isn't it? Personal responsibility, it isn't really that difficult to grasp. One of the biggest problems in this country is the fact that too many cannot accept their own responsibility in their situation and outcomes. Must be someone else's fault.

^^^this

I was talking to a school teacher that said most of the kids in school don't do their homework so the fact is school children don't obey their parents. The fact is we the parents are still responsible for them so if you harm one of them then expect legal consequences.

It would still be your failure because you have a mutual responsibility to follow the rights of the parent. What makes you think the child is the only one responsible? Children are not legally nor can be responsible for things like a checking account, a car, drinking, etc. Therefore you bear the responsibility as an adult to follow the parent's rights and responsibilities.

I'm not liberal enough to be the suing type.
Ha,ha, that's a conservative myth, that "only liberals sue"! Must be something that is taught in GOP conservative training camps.

OC Republican sues the GOP for not being Republican - Announcements - Mission Viejo, CA Patch

Minn. Republican Sues To Block Senate Building « CBS Minnesota

Michele Bachmann Considers Suing Obama Over Canceled Plans Fix

Republican Sues to Keep Wife & Daughters From Accessing Birth Control

Ron Paul Lawyers Suing GOP for Violation of Voting Rights | Adask's law

I'm not sure how people make that connection...oh, wait, schools have budgets and therefore access to a pot of cash. So, other than getting a pot of cash, just how would suing anyone make my loss better?
It wouldn't make your loss better, but people who lose a loved one (especially a child) due to someone else's carelessness usually don't just say ho-hum, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Just because you would doesn't mean that every mother should also. The mother that complained was wise in not waiting until it was too late, which would be your case. And as for conservatives not looking for retribution, considering how they have made such a big fuss over Benghazi tells me that they do like some form of retribution - or is it just a political move?

I have no price on the life of my child.
It's not about how much money your child is worth, but about safety for the children. Other mothers may not be as nonchalant as you, and may have personal concerns as to why they don't want their child being given a cookie every Friday by someone who hasn't been regulated to serve food to the public. What if some crazy loon person decides that instead of shooting 20 children they will just give the children on the bus poisoned cookies....I guess you would be okay with that, too?

The child had been told, he disobeyed. That would be my failure, not the school's.
Yes, and if he died, I guess you would feel that was his fault for disobeying and would be fine with it....some mothers, including myself, would not.

Now that is a different tune, isn't it? Personal responsibility, it isn't really that difficult to grasp. One of the biggest problems in this country is the fact that too many cannot accept their own responsibility in their situation and outcomes. Must be someone else's fault.
Adults are expected to take personal responsibility, and it's not so difficult to grasp, I don't have a problem with it, but to expect children to always act the way you expect them to, is stupid and has nothing to do with responsibility, it's just the way they are, and yes, if a person would use cookies to cause harm to a child, it would certainly be their fault. If you don't mind your child eating cookies from a stranger that's your prerogative, but don't condemn or ridicule others for not being okay with it.

^^^this

This? You mean you aren't able to mount your own debate? Figures.

So only liberals sue?

So only liberals sue?

I guess that's their belief.....or they probably have a spin on why it's okay when they do it!

:lol:

Ha,ha, that's a conservative myth, that "only liberals sue"! Must be something that is taught in GOP conservative training camps.

OC Republican sues the GOP for not being Republican - Announcements - Mission Viejo, CA Patch

It wouldn't make your loss better, but people who lose a loved one (especially a child) due to someone else's carelessness usually don't just say ho-hum, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Just because you would doesn't mean that every mother should also. The mother that complained was wise in not waiting until it was too late, which would be your case. And as for conservatives not looking for retribution, considering how they have made such a big fuss over Benghazi tells me that they do like some form of retribution - or is it just a political move?

It's not about how much money your child is worth, but about safety for the children. Other mothers may not be as nonchalant as you, and may have personal concerns as to why they don't want their child being given a cookie every Friday by someone who hasn't been regulated to serve food to the public. What if some crazy loon person decides that instead of shooting 20 children they will just give the children on the bus poisoned cookies....I guess you would be okay with that, too?

The child had been told, he disobeyed. That would be my failure, not the school's.
Yes, and if he died, I guess you would feel that was his fault for disobeying and would be fine with it....some mothers, including myself, would not.

Now that is a different tune, isn't it? Personal responsibility, it isn't really that difficult to grasp. One of the biggest problems in this country is the fact that too many cannot accept their own responsibility in their situation and outcomes. Must be someone else's fault.
Adults are expected to take personal responsibility, and it's not so difficult to grasp, I don't have a problem with it, but to expect children to always act the way you expect them to, is stupid and has nothing to do with responsibility, it's just the way they are, and yes, if a person would use cookies to cause harm to a child, it would certainly be their fault. If you don't mind your child eating cookies from a stranger that's your prerogative, but don't condemn or ridicule others for not being okay with it.

OMG! How did the human race ever survive without government interference, over-regulation, and a legal system that would apparently not survive without a constant flow of lawsuits for all and sundry "hurts".

^^^this

This? You mean you aren't able to mount your own debate? Figures.

debate with what? a perfectly carved statement?
why should I?

So only liberals sue?

I got hurt at work twice. My employer wanted me to lie and put the injury on my insurance. I didn't lie so the company had to pay their deductible on two different occasions.

Lets say that the cookie lady gives a cookie to a child who is allergic and doesn't say,"no". Let's say the child has no insurance and is admitted to the E.R. I was in the E.R. a few years ago and X-Rays and an Ultrasound was $5,000 for only 3.5 hours of being in the E.R. How much would it be for being in the hospital overnight? I think an allergic reaction could put any child in the E.R. overnight. Who is going to pay?

This is where it gets fun and companies like hospitals want to get paid and they have collection agencies and you can't get blood out of a stone or someone who doesn't have insurance but this lady is operating as a business even though she doesn't have a license but it is full time work for her so who does the hospital see as negligent? Who does the hospital go after? Who gets the finger pointed at? The hospital wants someone who can pay. Courts are a funny thing. I have a small book on preventing lawsuits and I bet the cookie lady loses in court if it comes down to that.

So only liberals sue?

Would you people read and comprehend! I said I am not liberal enough to sue. That does not mean that only Liberals sue. Christ-on-a-cracker! Such thin skins.

OMG! How did the human race ever survive without government interference, over-regulation, and a legal system that would apparently not survive without a constant flow of lawsuits for all and sundry "hurts".

I don't know, why don't you write Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul and others why they are suing....as for surviving, there were a lot of people that didn't survive. I guess you're not familiar with all the lynchings, huh? Oh well, stick to your rose-colored glasses....I guess they've worked well for you.

So only liberals sue?

I got hurt at work twice. My employer wanted me to lie and put the injury on my insurance. I didn't lie so the company had to pay their deductible on two different occasions.

Lets say that the cookie lady gives a cookie to a child who is allergic and doesn't say,"no". Let's say the child has no insurance and is admitted to the E.R. I was in the E.R. a few years ago and X-Rays and an Ultrasound was $5,000 for only 3.5 hours of being in the E.R. How much would it be for being in the hospital overnight? I think an allergic reaction could put any child in the E.R. overnight. Who is going to pay?

This is where it gets fun and companies like hospitals want to get paid and they have collection agencies and you can't get blood out of a stone or someone who doesn't have insurance but this lady is operating as a business even though she doesn't have a license but it is full time work for her so who does the hospital see as negligent? Who does the hospital go after? Who gets the finger pointed at? The hospital wants someone who can pay. Courts are a funny thing. I have a small book on preventing lawsuits and I bet the cookie lady loses in court if it comes down to that.

How is this lady operating as a business? She does not sell the cookies. She has no employees. She makes no profit, doesn't even cover the cost.
I guess it just goes to prove that no good deed goes unpunished. Makes you want to run right out and do good deeds, doesn't it.

Did you ever look at the warning labels on ladders? They probably have the most warning labels. Imagine a man owns a farm and he has pigs in his barn. There is a light that goes out inside the barn so he puts up a ladder to change the bulb. He falls and fractures his leg. His insurance runs out and he has a mortgage on his farm and his feed for his animals. Welfare runs out. He needs physical therapy and a place in a rehab facility. The bill for running the farm, welfare, physical therapy, and rehab runs something crazy. Lets say it is a million dollars or more depending on which decade you place the accident. It is no longer a situation that is manageable. He gets a lawyer or his state representative involved and finds that the ladder doesn't have a warning that the ladder is not stable on manure. Who would have thought? He has the right for tort.

They are forced into suing because of the amount of money involved. They can't pay.

Forum List

Back