Mom who baked cookies for school bus riders for 15 years shut down by complaint

SA bell-ringers who are provided a place to stay and food are being compensated for their "work".
I always work outside, should I be compensated if I contract pneumonia? Pneumonia is not an issue of working outside in the cold. It can be viral, bacterial, or caused by certain parasites. So, just exactly how did your company expose him to any of those vectors?

We rent in a building. He worked for the building owner.
Did you ever get a cold in the summer without air-conditioning? Probably not.
Think of your body as a container. The heat usually kills the germs in the summer. How do you keep penicillin alive? You put it in the refrigerator.

That is how people get sick. I use to put layers on to go shovel snow. I put thermal underwear which is cotton and cotton absorbs the sweat and then I become a refrigerator after a few hours of being in the cold. You are not being compensated for everything like life threatening injuries.

By law, if I get injured on the job, it comes out of the employer's insurance.

Holy-fuck-me-to-tears! I work in Alaska, graveyards. You cannot educate me about cold. And ladders? Well, anyone with an operating brain cell knows what the "dangers" are. We dress for the climate. We understand that when it's cold, the ground is icy, the wind blows...we understand to take precautions. Who in hell wants to be on the injured list? Any ass with a sense of self-preservation chooses to take the recommended precautions rather than relying on the court system to compensate them for their stupidity.

A few years ago there was a snow storm in Philadelphia and the football team offered those who helped shovel a chance to see the game for free. A man shoveled over 30 hours without gloves and here is what happened:

A Philadelphia man said he shoveled snow at Lincoln Financial Field for 30 hours getting ready for the big NFC championship game, and now he is in the hospital, in danger of losing his fingers, his toes, his ears and possibly his nose.

Man Who Worked Eagles Game May Lose Fingers, Ears, Nose | The700Level

Fan who shoveled, saw game will lose frostbitten fingertips Eagles "better win the Super Bowl," patient says. - Philly.com

He got hurt on their property. They let him shovel without gloves and proper clothing.
They are a billion dollar organization.

Unfortunately even though the big guy is trying to help the little guy, jurors often find sympathy real fast for the victims. It is not a good idea to end up in court.

We rent in a building. He worked for the building owner.
Did you ever get a cold in the summer without air-conditioning? Probably not.
Think of your body as a container. The heat usually kills the germs in the summer. How do you keep penicillin alive? You put it in the refrigerator.

That is how people get sick. I use to put layers on to go shovel snow. I put thermal underwear which is cotton and cotton absorbs the sweat and then I become a refrigerator after a few hours of being in the cold. You are not being compensated for everything like life threatening injuries.

By law, if I get injured on the job, it comes out of the employer's insurance.

Holy-fuck-me-to-tears! I work in Alaska, graveyards. You cannot educate me about cold. And ladders? Well, anyone with an operating brain cell knows what the "dangers" are. We dress for the climate. We understand that when it's cold, the ground is icy, the wind blows...we understand to take precautions. Who in hell wants to be on the injured list? Any ass with a sense of self-preservation chooses to take the recommended precautions rather than relying on the court system to compensate them for their stupidity.

A few years ago there was a snow storm in Philadelphia and the football team offered those who helped shovel a chance to see the game for free. A man shoveled over 30 hours without gloves and here is what happened:

A Philadelphia man said he shoveled snow at Lincoln Financial Field for 30 hours getting ready for the big NFC championship game, and now he is in the hospital, in danger of losing his fingers, his toes, his ears and possibly his nose.

Fan who shoveled, saw game will lose frostbitten fingertips Eagles "better win the Super Bowl," patient says. - Philly.com

He got hurt on their property. They let him shovel without gloves and proper clothing.

Unfortunately even though the big guy is trying to help the little guy, jurors often find sympathy real fast for the victims. It is not a good idea to end up in court.

His choice.

I always work outside, should I be compensated if I contract pneumonia? Pneumonia is not an issue of working outside in the cold. It can be viral, bacterial, or caused by certain parasites. So, just exactly how did your company expose him to any of those vectors?

You are self-employed.....so you make your own rules.....whether or not you should be compensated for contracting pneumonia, regardless of how you got it.....

It isn't rocket science....

With employees in this tough economy working longer hours with less staff there is a greater chance of getting injured on the job. Workers have rights for injuries under the Workman's Compensation Act that was established in the late 1920's to limit the liability for employers on injured employees. It was designed to limit the liability of employer's negligence.

The compensation for the injury is a bit complicated. Some of the benefits include medical bills paid by the employers insurance with no deductible per fee schedule. There also can be temporary total disability benefits (TTD) amounting to 2/3 of the employees pay for the duration of their inability to work. If it is a permanent disability, payment is made on each body part injured, like an arm, which is paid per schedule for so many weeks based on 60% of the employee's salary.

Injured on the Job? Know Your Rights for Workman?s Compensation | Get Employed!

Heh, all this from a mother not wanting her child to get a cookie....you can't win. The mother may be trying to preclude an injury to her child, but leave it to some people, who claim to be so "intelligent" - criticize her for it....when at the same time telling us they take care of things themselves......:confused:

What are the odds that the anonymous moron is some intolerant, arrogant left wing, know it all bitch?
That's one possibility.

Another possibility is this Cookie Lady has created a situation in which the risky practice of allowing strangers to distribute treats to children is enabled. The sad reality is there are some extremely sick individuals at large in our society -- not only those who enter schools and murder them with guns but some who would seize the opportunity to distribute lethal treats to them. So it might be "shutting down" the Cookie Lady is a sad but necessary precaution.

Last edited:

His choice.

Then why do I have to wear a seatbelt?
Why do cruise ships have to stock life preservers?
Why do airplane pilots have to have a physical?
Why do commercial air crafts have to have oxygen masks?

You mean they are responsible for giving people a service or accepting service?

What are the odds that the anonymous moron is some intolerant, arrogant left wing, know it all bitch?
That's one possibility.

Another possibility is this Cookie Lady has created a situation in which the regrettable but very real danger of allowing strangers to distribute treats to children is enabled. The sad reality is there are some extremely sick individuals at large in our society. Not only those who enter schools and murder them with guns but some who would seize the opportunity to distribute lethal treats to them. So it might be "shutting down" the Cookie Lady is a sad but necessary preventive action.

The Tylenol scare in the 80's.

Chicago Tylenol murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His choice.

Then why do I have to wear a seatbelt?
Why do cruise ships have to stock life preservers?
Why do airplane pilots have to have a physical?
Why do commercial air crafts have to have oxygen masks?

You mean they are responsible for giving people a service or accepting service?

No, I think they choose the opposite side of everything just to vent.....they're probably the first ones to complain when things don't go their way....but it makes them feel oh so, responsible and on top of everything....they don't need help from anyone....they raised themselves on their own bootstraps....their kids don't misbehave, etc.....BS if you ask me.

Well, if that's the case, then all allergens should be forbidden. Someone could be exposed just by walking down the aisle at the grocery store.

Geez, now you're sounding like a drama queen.....:)

His choice.

He's a poster child for sterilization...

Forum List

Back