Mollie Hemingway and Victoria Collier agree, our election process needs fixing

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009

Victoria Collier, a progressive sympathizing author, pointed out in her 2012 article, How to Rig an Election . . . The G.O.P. aims to paint the country red, various means by which election fraud occurs.

And here we are today, twelve years later when Mollie Hemingway, a conservative author and political commentator, testifying before Congress and echoing a very similar message to the American people concerning our fundamentally flawed and manipulated election process.

I suggest those, regardless of their political party affiliation, and if they are sincerely concerned about the integrity of our election process, view Mollie Hemingway's testimony before Congress.

The fact is, when Mollie Hemingway and Victoria Collier agree and pinpoint vulnerabilities in our election process, and indicate it needs fixing, it is safe to assume there are vulnerabilities in our election process and they ought to be remedied before the 2024 election.

For those who prefer a written text of Mollie's testimony, here is Mollie Hemingway's written testimony

JWK

The troubling truth about allowing no-excuse mail-in voting in one state is, when acts of corruption infect an electoral process in one jurisdiction “they transcend mere local concern and extend a contaminating influence into the national domain.” Justice DOUGLAS in United States v. Classic (1941)”.

Blame the GOP? Democrats launched a campaign to block laws that required a photo I.D. to vote. They even used the race card and insulted every black person in the U.S. by claiming that (mostly) black people are unable to obtain something as basic as a photo I.D. in the 21st century.

Blame the GOP? Democrats launched a campaign to block laws that required a photo I.D. to vote. They even used the race card and insulted every black person in the U.S. by claiming that (mostly) black people are unable to obtain something as basic as a photo I.D. in the 21st century.

Except that's an accurate statement.

As of 2020, nearly 29 million voting-age U.S. citizens did not have a non-expired driver’s license and over 7 million did not have any other form of non-expired government-issued photo identification.

• Members of underrepresented racial and ethnic groups were less likely to have a current driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID.
    • An estimated 1.86 million Black non-Hispanic Americans (6.2%), 1.86 million Hispanic Americans (6.1%) lack a photo ID, as do 4.5% of those who identify as Native American, Native Alaskan, or another race. This compares to just 2.3% of White non-Hispanic Americans and 1.6% of Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander Americans.

As of 2020, nearly 29 million voting-age U.S. citizens did not have a non-expired driver’s license and over 7 million did not have any other form of non-expired government-issued photo identification.

• Members of underrepresented racial and ethnic groups were less likely to have a current driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID.
    • An estimated 1.86 million Black non-Hispanic Americans (6.2%), 1.86 million Hispanic Americans (6.1%) lack a photo ID, as do 4.5% of those who identify as Native American, Native Alaskan, or another race. This compares to just 2.3% of White non-Hispanic Americans and 1.6% of Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander Americans.
ok...well go get an ID....not that complex.

ok...well go get an ID....not that complex.
for some poor people, it is.

I recently had to update my wife's with our new address and updating her last name. It took us a month to wait for documentation proving she lived there, and then another few weeks to get the appointment to get the picture taken.

Now, if you are poor, if maybe you aren't getting bills at your current address because you don't pay the utilities and don't have a credit card, getting a DL might not be so easy.

for some poor people, it is.

I recently had to update my wife's with our new address and updating her last name. It took us a month to wait for documentation proving she lived there, and then another few weeks to get the appointment to get the picture taken.

Now, if you are poor, if maybe you aren't getting bills at your current address because you don't pay the utilities and don't have a credit card, getting a DL might not be so easy.
Why do you think it you are poor you aren’t getting things to your address?

Why do you think it you are poor you aren’t getting things to your address?

Let's see. Let's take a 25 year old kid who just moved back in with mom.

He has no credit cards. His mom is paying the utilities. What proof does he have that he lives there right now?

The point is, up to 27 million Americans don't have a current photo ID. They might have one with old data on it, but not current.

The people who push these laws know this, and they know they are disenfranchising poor, young, and people of color... people who don't vote for them.

Where do these statistics come from? A photo I.D. isn't necessarily a drivers license. You can get around without a drivers license but you can't function in the 21st century without a photo I.D.

Let's see. Let's take a 25 year old kid who just moved back in with mom.

He has no credit cards. His mom is paying the utilities. What proof does he have that he lives there right now?

The point is, up to 27 million Americans don't have a current photo ID. They might have one with old data on it, but not current.

The people who push these laws know this, and they know they are disenfranchising poor, young, and people of color... people who don't vote for them.

what a pathetic predictable load of hogwash you spew 24-7 with the Black crap like you know something nobody else can even think 1% true you farm Hog. Just SHUP fool.

Forum List

Back