Millennials vs. Boomers

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
It aint getting better in America, unless you're already wealthy. This is what Republicans have done to this country since Reagan.

275250033_10158129444387016_2213356273867470717_n.png

Too funny, blaming boomers for your failures.

Maybe you should pick a metric that actually means something?

Are you even aware that right now, life is easier than it has ever been in the entire history of Mankind? That you have desired fulfilled by clicking a button and you only work as hard as you want?

Get a fucking history lesson or two and how hard life was and then look at how hard it is today.

What a failed premise

Sure, it's all Reagan and the Republicans' faults. The Democrats' over regulation, environmental extremism, excessive taxation, etc. has no bearing on the inflated cost of living.
It's certainly not all Reagan's fault, he got the ball rolling. The wealthiest in this country pay actually very little in taxes, that's a Republican legacy project spanning decades.

You had the jobs and the wages to do so. As a Gen. X'er myself, I'm like a dinosaur amongst millennials in my earning power and benefits that I've accrued.
We had the drive and the willingness to make ourselves more valuable.

Millennials have chia tea and phones.

It's certainly not all Reagan's fault, he got the ball rolling. The wealthiest in this country pay actually very little in taxes, that's a Republican legacy project spanning decades.
Raising taxes will NOT improve millennials' so-called 'situation' in the world.

That is the problem with most leftists. They think the government is the path to happiness and wealth.

What is amazing about threads like these is that you clowns blame the past instead of grabbing the future and making it into what you want it to be.

That is what Boomers did and you people fail at doing.

You had the jobs and the wages to do so. As a Gen. X'er myself, I'm like a dinosaur amongst millennials in my earning power and benefits that I've accrued.
We also had politicians (even dems) that were not total retards....They knew that their bread was buttered on the side of real and measurable prosperity for the middle class which did not include pissing away middle class wealth by raising taxes, devaluing the dollar, and redistributing what was stolen to the non-producers.

Meh, it just looks like we made something of ourselves in our prime earning years. ;)
Agreed. Hey, nice to see data, confirming my kids are above average.:D

We had the drive and the willingness to make ourselves more valuable.

Millennials have chia tea and phones.

There were many jobs that paid very well with benefits one could get with as little as a high school diploma and if you had an in, you didn't even need that. Many of those jobs are gone. The benefits are going away even with the better jobs. Retirement? Forget it.

The only thing one had to do was fill in a basic application to get a decent middle wage job in the past.

And exactly how is the wealthy paying more taxes going to make your life better? If Elon Musk and Bill Gates suddenly paid a 70% tax rate, what's that going to do for you?

I can answer that for you. Not a God damned thing.

Income tax rates have absolutely nothing to do with the problems you're complaining about. It's just an elementary argument used by weak intellectuals consumed by envy, jealousy, and greed that someone else dare have more than they do. The quality of middle class life in this country began declining in the late 1960s when we still had a top tier rate of 70% (I'll remind you that it was Kennedy, a Democrat, who lowered rates from 90%+ down to 70% ) largely because of globalization and we were becoming less competitive on the global market. The 1940s and 50s were a hay day for us because we practically had a monopoly on global exports due to Europe's infrastructure being blown to shit in WWII. We were making everything for everyone. When they recovered and began coming back online with their own manufacturing in the early 60s and the Asian nations starting emerging on the global stage offering cheaper labor that's when we began declining, well before Reagan became president. The late 60s, 70s, and early 80s, saw considerable stagnation in this country due to that lack of competitiveness and there really is no road back. You can't unring the bell, whether you make the rich pay 38% or 70%.

Work ethic matters only to an extent. Hard workers are rarely noticed by employers. It's about learning a skill where one can quit their current job on a whims notice for a better job. Loyalty to an emoyer is no longer warranted nor a desirable trait.

Forum List

Back