Millennials vs. Boomers

More empty statements. The job I got that allowed me to retire at 58 does not pay what it did when I was hired years ago. (I retired at a higher rate than the top rate is today). They no longer provide retirement. The health care covers less and less every year and costs more.

They just sold out and I expect it to get worse.
We are in the exact same situation, my starting wage in 1994 is almost as much as a starting wage in 2022. I have a small pension, the old timers before me got a livable pension (mine is not, without other sources of income) and the people after me get jack.

Jobs don't pay as much as they once did. I retired 20 years ago making just shy of $100,000 a year here on the Island. I recently looked up what the same position now pays in the City, and it came back as $60 - $80 thousand in the City! That's probably the equivalent of $50 - $70 thousand here on the Island. Factor in 20 years of inflation and we're probably talking like almost half.

Good thing our billionaires are doing well otherwise we’d all be broke.

Last edited:
Jobs don't pay as much as they once did. I retired 20 years ago making just shy of $100,000 a year here on the Island. I recently looked up what the same position now pays in the City, and it came back as $60 - $80 thousand in the City! That's probably the equivalent of $50 - $70 thousand here on the Island. Factor in 20 years of inflation and we're probably talking like almost half.

Good thing our billionaires are doing well otherwise we’d all be broke.
The Russian oligarchs, who number around 100, have less wealth combined than Bezos, Musk and the Walton family.

275418860_10158130577072016_3249173381089739604_n.png

Starting wage. People do get raises after their probation period and yearly. Average wage for a Walmart employees is $ 16.25 hr.

Also 10/11 years ago starting wage at Walmart was around $8.81 hr. So your meme is BS.
I know someone who has worked there 5 years, she started at $11, makes $12 an hour. That "average" applies to high cost of living areas. So your opinion is BS. But do keep carrying the water for billionaires.

I know someone who has worked there 5 years, she started at $11, makes $12 an hour. That "average" applies to high cost of living areas. So your opinion is BS. But do keep carrying the water for billionaires.
Big deal. The employees I know that work for Walmart here in ABQ currently make. $ 13.00 hr.

How many raises do you think office workers in the corporate world get a year? And how big?

For instance…Starting wages for most clerical /customer service positions is around $12.00/$13.00 an hour.

That’s pretty much the market standard across the board.

Point being. Walmart wages are not outside the norm.

Forum List

Back