Millennials vs. Boomers

Except that I and many are advocating that if you want a better quality of life, you need to be proactive and learn the skills that add value to your commodity -- Your labor.

Whining, bitching, and overall insulting a previous generation that did exactly that, is the problem here. The "Okay, Boomer" crowd is the ones making their own lives miserable and destroying their own opportunities. As I said, at no time in human history, has life for the human race been this easy to live.

And you can thank the generations that came before you for that. So show a little gratitude.

I'm 60.

A percentage can get better jobs. Millions and millions can not.

I'm 60.

A percentage can get better jobs. Millions and millions can not.
Oh, good. We can do away with colleges then.

I'm 61 and I could change careers if I wanted to expend the effort. I"m happy with where I am now and learn just for the joy of learning. Besides, I have a Dyson Sphere to build! lol

A percentage of the workforce is content with where they are. A percentage have designs that don't require them to do more.

New jobs and new job opportunities exist and they pay well. Just don't expect to start at the top.

It aint getting better in America, unless you're already wealthy. This is what Republicans have done to this country since Reagan.

View attachment 612601
divide-and-conquer-cartoon-pinterest.jpg

Oh, good. We can do away with colleges then.

I'm 61 and I could change careers if I wanted to expend the effort. I"m happy with where I am now and learn just for the joy of learning. Besides, I have a Dyson Sphere to build! lol

A percentage of the workforce is content with where they are. A percentage have designs that don't require them to do more.

New jobs and new job opportunities exist and they pay well. Just don't expect to start at the top.

More empty statements. The job I got that allowed me to retire at 58 does not pay what it did when I was hired years ago. (I retired at a higher rate than the top rate is today). They no longer provide retirement. The health care covers less and less every year and costs more.

They just sold out and I expect it to get worse.

More empty statements. The job I got that allowed me to retire at 58 does not pay what it did when I was hired years ago. (I retired at a higher rate than the top rate is today). They no longer provide retirement. The health care covers less and less every year and costs more.

They just sold out and I expect it to get worse.
Where do you come up with 'more empty statements'? That's like saying, the sky is blue but that's an empty statement.

Do buggy manufacturers still complain about the automobile?

My healthcare covers more than in the past, which for some employers, was nothing at all.
Retirement is YOUR responsibility, not your employer's. EVER.

Several of the jobs I've had in the past are none existent now. Yet here I am, in a better job paying more money.

It is your statements that are pretty empty. The world does not work according to you or Me. It just does and if you want to make a better life, then you better hustle your ass off. Full stop.

Where do you come up with 'more empty statements'? That's like saying, the sky is blue but that's an empty statement.

Do buggy manufacturers still complain about the automobile?

My healthcare covers more than in the past, which for some employers, was nothing at all.
Retirement is YOUR responsibility, not your employer's. EVER.

Several of the jobs I've had in the past are none existent now. Yet here I am, in a better job paying more money.

It is your statements that are pretty empty. The world does not work according to you or Me. It just does and if you want to make a better life, then you better hustle your ass off. Full stop.

*I* *I* *I*

Every time this issue comes up this is always the argument. It is not about you, it's about tens of millions.

*I* *I* *I*

Every time this issue comes up this is always the argument. It is not about you, it's about tens of millions.
True. 10' and 100's of millions have a better life than at any time in the history of our species.

A little gratitude is warranted.

True. 10' and 100's of millions have a better life than at any time in the history of our species.

A little gratitude is warranted.

I disagree. Fewer and fewer can afford a house. Fewer have affordable access to health care. With the ever increasing inflation fewer can save for a retirement.

Get off your ass and make something of yourself. Stop whining.

There were many jobs that paid very well with benefits one could get with as little as a high school diploma and if you had an in, you didn't even need that. Many of those jobs are gone. The benefits are going away even with the better jobs. Retirement? Forget it.

The only thing one had to do was fill in a basic application to get a decent middle wage job in the past.
Also one is the late 80s vs. now. I'd bet good money everyone but the top 3% are MUCH worse off as a percentage of total wealth.

Biden can't say, "I think the Fed should shrink their balance sheet to help fight inflation"?

Why the fuck not?

He can say whatever. What difference does it make when the Fed does whatever it wants?

I provided the example of Trump calling for negative rates. Did he get them?

The great resignation has been a great thing for the nation and it's people. Workers are letting many businesses know that they are not even worth the time to consider. A huge plus.

Forum List

Back