Mexican to be executed in Texas

One would think Jews would be the last people cheering for death chambers and the cold-blooded killing in them by the state.

Are you serioiusly comparing what the Nazis did to this? *shakes head*

The Nazis killed the Jews because they were Jews. Men...women...children...all innocent.

Texas executed this man after he was found guilty in a court of law for the crime of murder.

One would think Jews would be the last people cheering for death chambers and the cold-blooded killing in them by the state.

The Nazis killed the Jews because they were Jews. Men...women...children...all innocent.

Texas executed this man after he was found guilty in a court of law for the crime of murder.

A death chamber...is a death chamber...where living human beings are killed by the govt.

You'd think after Auschwitz etc people would be revolted by death chambers.
You'd think they would take away that power from the govt.

Yes, innocent but found guilty.
The [Nazi] German govt said they weren't innocent, but guilty.
The state found them guilty and sentenced them to death.

Innocent people in America are found guilty and sentenced to death.

Last edited:

A death chamber...is a death chamber...where living human beings are killed by the govt.

Living human beings who are convicted of the most atrocious crime a human being can commit are executed in a relatively mild way after about ten years of appeals. The concept has been upheld by the courts all the way to the Supremes. Why didn't the anti-capital punishment people protest when Hussein Obama ordered drones to execute a US citizen who had not been convicted of a crime?

Living human beings who are convicted of the most atrocious crime a human being can commit are executed in a relatively mild way after about ten years of appeals. The concept has been upheld by the courts all the way to the Supremes. Why didn't the anti-capital punishment people protest when Hussein Obama ordered drones to execute a US citizen who had not been convicted of a crime?

Maybe they did.
Maybe they missed it, there are so many battles.

Many protested the hanging of Saddam Hussein...barbaric, just more cold-blooded state killing.

'Mild way'?
The method of the govt's "walk em in alive, wheel em out dead" premeditated death chamber killing makes no difference.
Frying torture in an electric chair, torture in the gas chamber, torture by strapping down on a table etc...it's all homicide.

Maybe they did.

Many protested the hanging of Saddam Hussein...barbaric, just more cold-blooded state killing.

'Mild way'?
The method of the govt's "walk em in alive, wheel em out dead" premeditated death chamber killing makes no difference.
Frying torture in an electric chair, torture in the gas chamber, torture by strapping down on a table etc...it's all homicide.
And you're idiot. The guy had 20 years of appeals now he's dead ..Good riddance scum:cool:

Maybe they did.

'Mild way'?
And you're idiot. The guy had 20 years of appeals now he's dead ..Good riddance scum:cool:

One day you'll have to do without your precious death chambers.
We abolitionists will prevail.

Slowly but surely US states are seeing the light.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states-and-without-death-penalty

Last edited:
Borrowed from novasteve's "Mexicans burned us flags I. Response to execution of cop killer" thread;

Five Things to Know for Your New Day ? Thursday, January 23, 2014 ? New Day - CNN.com Blogs

2. TEXAS EXECUTION
Cross-border grievance: Yesterday, the state of Texas executed Edgar Tamayo Arias, 46, by lethal injection. Officials have expressed little doubt about his conviction for killing a policeman about 20 years ago.
Yet both the Bush and Obama administrations urged the state to give Arias a new hearing - for diplomatic reasons.
Arias was a Mexican national, and his lawyers said his consular rights were denied, which kept him from getting the best possible defense. Now, the State Department is worried about the effect his execution could have on Americans arrested in other countries. Mexico's government strongly objected to it.

In Case You Missed It: US Flag Burned in Morelos in Protest of Texas’ Scheduled Execution of Edgar Tamayo

#####

A lot late now to be worrying about the effect on Americans travelling abroad.
It's not like the USA is top of the pops in many countries that Americans travel to.

Time Washington cut funding etc to Texas, and jumped all over it.

Last edited:
Borrowed from novasteve's "Mexicans burned us flags I. Response to execution of cop killer" thread;

Five Things to Know for Your New Day ? Thursday, January 23, 2014 ? New Day - CNN.com Blogs

2. TEXAS EXECUTION
Cross-border grievance: Yesterday, the state of Texas executed Edgar Tamayo Arias, 46, by lethal injection. Officials have expressed little doubt about his conviction for killing a policeman about 20 years ago.
Yet both the Bush and Obama administrations urged the state to give Arias a new hearing - for diplomatic reasons.
Arias was a Mexican national, and his lawyers said his consular rights were denied, which kept him from getting the best possible defense. Now, the State Department is worried about the effect his execution could have on Americans arrested in other countries. Mexico's government strongly objected to it.

In Case You Missed It: US Flag Burned in Morelos in Protest of Texas’ Scheduled Execution of Edgar Tamayo

#####

It's not like the USA is top of the pops in many countries that Americans travel to.

I'm sold. NO trips to Mexico. Strike those Mexican vacations off my list.

I'm sure The Mexican government won't mind the loss of tourist dollars and pesos.

2. TEXAS EXECUTION

#####

I'm sold. NO trips to Mexico. Strike those Mexican vacations off my list.

I'm sure The Mexican government won't mind the loss of tourist dollars and pesos.

Mexicans don't even want to travel to Mexico any more:eusa_eh:

OP apparently outwaged at: Mexican to be executed in Texas

Perhaps he'd prefer it if Texas executed some of the Mexican thugs IN Mexico?

Texas should not be execution-homiciding anyone, Mexicans or otherwise.
It's 2014, not 1814.
Someone should tell Texas/Texans.

It's 2014, not 1814.

We get it.

YOU oppose the death penalty.

Therefore EVERYONE should oppose the death penalty.

Not exactly a persuasive argument you make.

And, despite your intentional misuse of words, a legal execution is not a homicide.

It's 2014, not 1814.

We get it.

And, despite your intentional misuse of words, a legal execution is not a homicide.

It is...they put 'homicide' on the death certificates [see earlier in this thread]

Yes, everyone most certainly should oppose the death penalty...corruption, incompetence and fraud in the legal system being but three reasons.

Look no further than the case of The West Memphis Three ... which was just shown on my tv this day;

West Memphis 3 defense claims new evidence of killer | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

The Nightmare of the West Memphis Three

Jason Baldwin—one of three teenagers imprisoned for the murder of three eight-year-old boys in West Memphis, Arkansas—being led to a pretrial hearing past the fathers of the *murdered boys, November 16, 1993. From right to left are Steven Branch, father of Steven Branch; Todd Moore, father of Michael Moore; and John Mark Byers, stepfather of Christopher Byers.

That little boy, despite his obvious terror, had been able to empathize with his accusers. “I can see where they might think I was in a cult,” he said, in that 1993 interview, “because I wear Metallica T-shirts.”
The belief that the murders must have been committed by members of a cult was the foundation on which the prosecution built its case. It was, at the time, the most conceivable explanation for the extraordinarily grotesque details of the crime scene, where the bodies of the three boys, Steven Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers were found naked, bound, mutilated, and submerged in a shallow gulley.1

What kind of maniac would commit an act so diabolical? As early as May 6, rumors began to circulate in West Memphis that the culprit was, in fact, the devil himself, operating through a band of his worshipers.

One of these, a young man named Jessie Misskelley Jr., confessed to the crime, naming Echols the ringleader and Baldwin an accomplice. Investigators were relieved.

..........district attorney John Fogleman pointed at Echols and said, “There’s not a soul in there.” That argument carried the day. Baldwin received a life sentence and Echols was sentenced to death by lethal injection.

At the time, the notion that Misskelley’s confession, or any confession, might be false was barely entertained. During Misskelley’s trial, his lawyer—the sympathetic, ursine Dan Stidham—made several arguments in his defense: Miss- kelley’s IQ ranked among the lowest 4 percent of his age group; he was intimidated, lied to, and coerced into making the confession; and he was detained for more than eleven hours, contributing to his exhaustion and confusion.
Stid- ham told the jury that interrogators had fed Misskelley details about the crime scene, and when Misskelley made statements that diverged from what they knew to be factual—that the crime was committed in the morning and not the late afternoon, for instance—they badgered him until he changed his story.
As Stidham pointed out, Misskelley “didn’t tell the police anything that they didn’t already know.”
In the audio recording of his confession, played during the trial, you can hear the detectives clearly prompting Misskelley, their questions containing the answers they sought: “Did anyone use a stick, and hit the boys with?” “You saw somebody with a knife, who had a knife?” “Another boy was cut, I understand?”

Were it not for HBO Films, there would be no “West Memphis Three”—only three convicted murderers, two serving life sentences and one, most likely, executed. This is not a credit to HBO as much as it is an indictment of the American justice system and one of the founding assumptions on which it stands.

#####

The death penalty/death chambers...a great big load of horse manure!

Last edited:
It's 2014, not 1814.

We get it.

It is...they put 'homicide' on the death certificates [see earlier in this thread]

No. It is not. What "they" in any given state put on a death certificate issued after a legal execution is irrelevant.

What IS relevant is the actual DEFINITION. Words have actual meaning. Here's the CORRECT definition of "Homicide:"
the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another
-- https://www.google.com/search?q=def...fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

In NY State, the less than ideal legal definition of "homicide" in RELEVANT part says,
§ 125.00
Homicide defined.
Homicide means conduct which causes the death of a person . . . under circumstances constituting murder, manslaughter in the first
degree, manslaughter in the second degree, criminally negligent
homicide . . . .

If you then have the rational mind to look up the definitions of murder, manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide you will quickly see that each is the UNLAWFUL taking of human life. A legal execution, by definition, is of course not an unlawful taking.

Yes, everyone most certainly should oppose the death penalty...corruption, incompetence and fraud in the legal system being but three reasons.

False.

It is not "most certain" (it is not "certain" at all, in fact) and it is far from a matter of "should." Once again, you offer a complete lack of a coherent or rational "argument."

I could make a better argument against the death penalty than the trite amateur hour clap trap you have posted, and I am not even firmly opposed to or committed to the death penalty. Unlike you, my position allows for exceptions. Your rigid thinking is simply shallow.

Last edited:

False.

It is not "most certain" (it is not "certain" at all, in fact) and it is far from a matter of "should." Once again, you offer a complete lack of a coherent or rational "argument."

I could make a better argument against the death penalty than the trite amateur hour clap trap you have posted, and I am not even firmly opposed to or committed to the death penalty. Unlike you, my position allows for exceptions. Your rigid thinking is simply shallow.

True.

The Innocence Project - Home

Government Misconduct

Some wrongful convictions are caused by honest mistakes. But in far too many cases, the very people who are responsible for ensuring truth and justice — law enforcement officials and prosecutors — lose sight of these obligations and instead focus solely on securing convictions.

The cases of wrongful convictions uncovered by DNA testing are filled with evidence of negligence, fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police departments.

Unreliable or Improper Forensic Science

Since the late 1980s, DNA analysis has helped identify the guilty and exonerate the innocent nationwide. While DNA testing was developed through extensive scientific research at top academic centers, many other forensic techniques — such as hair microscopy, bite mark comparisons, firearm tool mark analysis and shoe print comparisons — have never been subjected to rigorous scientific evaluation. Meanwhile, forensics techniques that have been properly validated — such as serology, commonly known as blood typing — are sometimes improperly conducted or inaccurately conveyed in trial testimony.
In some cases, forensic analysts have fabricated results or engaged in other misconduct.

If they're putting 'homicide' on the death certificates that's good enough for me...I feel quite entitled to then call their killing of human beings in death chambers 'execution-homicide'.

Same as I feel quite entitled to call Indonesia's firing squad killing of human beings "execution-shredding".

My position allows for no exceptions...no one would be killed in the state's death chambers, because there would be no death chambers to kill them in.
All very simple...no Harvard degree need for this one either.

Execution-shredding;

[Movie] 'Bangkok Hilton';

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3WIL4JSAU [/ame]

Last edited:
False.

True.

The Innocence Project - Home

Government Misconduct

Some wrongful convictions are caused by honest mistakes. But in far too many cases, the very people who are responsible for ensuring truth and justice — law enforcement officials and prosecutors — lose sight of these obligations and instead focus solely on securing convictions.

The cases of wrongful convictions uncovered by DNA testing are filled with evidence of negligence, fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police departments.

Unreliable or Improper Forensic Science

Since the late 1980s, DNA analysis has helped identify the guilty and exonerate the innocent nationwide. While DNA testing was developed through extensive scientific research at top academic centers, many other forensic techniques — such as hair microscopy, bite mark comparisons, firearm tool mark analysis and shoe print comparisons — have never been subjected to rigorous scientific evaluation. Meanwhile, forensics techniques that have been properly validated — such as serology, commonly known as blood typing — are sometimes improperly conducted or inaccurately conveyed in trial testimony.
In some cases, forensic analysts have fabricated results or engaged in other misconduct.

Poor blanco can't fathom that the fact that human affairs are imperfect does not translate into the proposition that the death penalty must be abolished.

Last edited:

It's 2014, not 1814.

Tell ya what, y'all mind your own business and we'll mind ours. By the way, in 1814 this was Mexico.

Last edited:

It's 2014, not 1814.

Tell ya what, y'all mind your own business and we'll mind ours. By the way, in 1814 this was Mexico.

Death chambers are everyone's business...as is the UN Declaration of Human Rights.
Some people don't even believe in human rights, and believe in death chambers and state killing...the more barbaric the better.

Forum List

Back