Zone1 Mega Millions Billion Dollar Lottery - Your Ticket to Destruction

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022
The Mega MIllions Lottery had no winners in last night's drawing, putting the prize to over one billion dollars.

Like everyone, I have in the past fantasized over what I would do with a billion dollars. It used to be I would buy a couple of nice vehicles and big brick house. But as I progressed in my life, the fantasy gets harder and harder. I honestly don't know what I would do with that kind of jack.

I have seen what sudden unearned big money has does to people. It saps them of their drive, turns them inward, makes them more pleasure-seeking, makes them more materialistic, and insulates them from the needy. There are countless stories of lottery winners' lives being ruined: divorce, affairs, lavish and immoral living, drug dependency, gluttony, jealousy, and often poverty in the end. Here's the classic story of West Virginia's Jack Whittaker who won $300 million in 2002. He said numerous times he wishes he'd torn the winning ticket up.

Everyone reading this thinks "Oh, I would be sensible. I would buy a few things I need, but not change my lifestyle much." But trust me, you do. People think they will be able to handle a billion dollars. Very few can. The only proper way to handle it is to give it away, but how many want to do that? There is a reason the bible says the rich man has little chance of reaching Heaven. The essence of gaining grace is self-denial and prayer. But many people pray only when they need something. And if they have big money, they don't feel they need God anymore, and they're certainly not in the mood for self denial or penance. No, they're going to live it up.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” - Matthew 19:21-24

But even giving a fortune away is fraught with difficulty. It really comes down to whose lives you want to ruin if you give them a big pile of cash. And it's the same with government, charities, even churches. Even those who start out with great intentions can be corrupted, humans being fallible like they are. Big piles of money corrupt. Period. I suppose the best way is to spread modest amounts to many different individuals and worthwhile groups.

Me? I'm going to buy a single $2 ticket. Odds of winning are one in 320 million, about the population of the US. If i win, I will make it my new career to search out worthwhile situations where a little money could help. But more so, I would consider it my obligation to dispose of it carefully without ruining anyone. I would NOT leave a great amount to my children or anyone else. I want them to make it to Heaven.

Last edited:
I don't drink, do drugs or gamble. I have no family. My friends are long dead. I have a strict rule, I do not help human beings. No amount of asking for money would move me. I would not help someone bleeding to death if I had the last bandaid on earth. I would set up a foundation for homeless and abused animals. Set up a charity that pays the vet and hospital bills for animal medical care.

I would buy a house in the mountainous desert of Arizona. Wall it off and hire armed security to bury trespassers. I would write and paint.

I've bought a few lottery tickets. Probably less than $10 during my life time. I might spend another $1 for a chance to win a billion.

I wish I could purchase U.S lottery tickets. Our country is so creepy that we don't get the see the numbers drawn and often don't know the details of who won (at least in Ontario). It could be a nice slush fund for government employees for all the public knows.

My understanding is that I can buy and win a U.S lottery jackpot, but I have to be in the U.S to buy the ticket, I couldn't get someone from on here to buy it for me and mail it to me etc.

It's a shame, as a a few bucks of lottery is good for a joke or two. I certainly have never been a high roller gambler, I know the game.

I don't drink, do drugs or gamble. I have no family. My friends are long dead. I have a strict rule, I do not help human beings. No amount of asking for money would move me. I would not help someone bleeding to death if I had the last bandaid on earth. I would set up a foundation for homeless and abused animals. Set up a charity that pays the vet and hospital bills for animal medical care.

I would buy a house in the mountainous desert of Arizona. Wall it off and hire armed security to bury trespassers. I would write and paint.
Gonna colonize the Moon, eh?

The Mega MIllions Lottery had no winners in last night's drawing, putting the prize to over one billion dollars.

Like everyone, I have in the past fantasized over what I would do with a billion dollars. It used to be I would buy a couple of nice vehicles and big brick house. But as I progressed in my life, the fantasy gets harder and harder. I honestly don't know what I would do with that kind of jack.

I have seen what sudden unearned big money has does to people. It saps them of their drive, turns them inward, makes them more pleasure-seeking, makes them more materialistic, and insulates them from the needy. There are countless stories of lottery winners' lives being ruined: divorce, affairs, lavish and immoral living, drug dependency, gluttony, jealousy, and often poverty in the end. Here's the classic story of West Virginia's Jack Whittaker who won $300 million in 2002. He said numerous times he wishes he'd torn the winning ticket up.

Everyone reading this thinks "Oh, I would be sensible. I would buy a few things I need, but not change my lifestyle much." But trust me, you do. People think they will be able to handle a billion dollars. Very few can. The only proper way to handle it is to give it away, but how many want to do that? There is a reason the bible says the rich man has little chance of reaching Heaven. The essence of gaining grace is self-denial and prayer. But many people pray only when they need something. And if they have big money, they don't feel they need God anymore, and they're certainly not in the mood for self denial or penance. No, they're going to live it up.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” - Matthew 19:21-24

But even giving a fortune away is fraught with difficulty. It really comes down to whose lives you want to ruin if you give them a big pile of cash. And it's the same with government, charities, even churches. Even those who start out with great intentions can be corrupted, humans being fallible like they are. Big piles of money corrupt. Period. I suppose the best way is to spread modest amounts to many different individuals and worthwhile groups.

Me? I'm going to buy a single $2 ticket. Odds of winning are one in 320 million, about the population of the US. If i win, I will make it my new career to search out worthwhile situations where a little money could help. But more so, I would consider it my obligation to dispose of it carefully without ruining anyone. I would NOT leave a great amount to my children or anyone else. I want them to make it to Heaven.

The reason a lot of winner "insulate themselves from the needy" is because every con artist and their brother targets them once their name is out there as a big winner. I heard a story several years ago where people would just address their woe is me letters to the "lottery winner" in whatever city and the post office would deliver them to the winner. I always said I would legally change my name before I claimed the prize and then change it back later to make me harder to find.

The reason a lot of winner "insulate themselves from the needy" is because every con artist and their brother targets them once their name is out there as a big winner. I heard a story several years ago where people would just address their woe is me letters to the "lottery winner" in whatever city and the post office would deliver them to the winner. I always said I would legally change my name before I claimed the prize and then change it back later to make me harder to find.
Well, those people aren't the needy. I would determine that for myself, not respond to requests. I have thought of the name change thing, but thought that might be a problem for receiving the money or doing taxes. What I would do is move to Richmond or some larger city, collect the money, then move back.

Well, if so I hope you stop writing on the USMB. You're a clear curmudgeon.

If I won the Billion Dollars + I would give 2/5 to each of my sons, and 1/5 to my wife and me. Of course we wouldn't get the Billion Dollars:

The $1.02 billion prize is for winners who choose the annuity option, paid annually over 30 years. Most winners opt for the cash option, which for the next drawing Friday night is an estimated $602.5 million.

In this case my sons would get 200 million dollars each, and my wife and me 100 million dollars.

Maybe fund the police?

I could imagine maybe opening a trade school in a place that really needed one and setting up contacts with industry to hire the students

Alway complaining about places like Chicago and Detroit.. etc. people dying in the streets. Maybe help some of them find another way out and do something with their lives... show BLACK LIVES MATTERS what they could be doing with all that money they are pocketing.

I wish I could purchase U.S lottery tickets. Our country is so creepy that we don't get the see the numbers drawn and often don't know the details of who won (at least in Ontario). It could be a nice slush fund for government employees for all the public knows.

My understanding is that I can buy and win a U.S lottery jackpot, but I have to be in the U.S to buy the ticket, I couldn't get someone from on here to buy it for me and mail it to me etc.

It's a shame, as a a few bucks of lottery is good for a joke or two. I certainly have never been a high roller gambler, I know the game.
/——-/ You can buyUS lottery tickets online
  • While you can’t purchase Powerball tickets online directly from U.S. state lottery corporations, Canadians can buy Powerball tickets online through concierge services that will buy tickets on your behalf. Keep in mind that none of these services are sanctioned by or endorsed by Powerball.

Top Tips for Canadians Buying Powerball and U.S. Lottery ...

www.crossbordershopping.ca/powerball-and-us-lotteries

If I were to win, I would give funding to St. Jude's hospital, build a no kill animal shelter for dogs and cats, fund adoptions for any parents willing to take a child, fund numerous organ donor organizations, and donate to veteran's charities, I am sure I will donate the vast majority of my winnings to various charities., some of which I cannot think of at the moment.

For me personally, I would pay off all my bills, including my prospective liver transplant. Then I would pay off my children's homes, and all of their bills. I would buy new vehicles for my son and son-in-law. I would build a home in Florida of modest size., and keep a private jet so I could visit my kids or have them visit me. I would have my daughter resign her active commission in the Army an pay for her to go back to college for her advanced degrees so she can work in zoology or wildlife management.

If I get a transplant, I will spend the rest of my life giving money away to needy causes..

Forum List

Back