Zone1 In confusing times, the abortion issue is my compass

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The world is confusing, but one thing I know: abortion is wrong.

This clears the confusion when I see Democrats claim to be the compassionate ones, they advocate the cause of minorities, the homeless, illegal aliens, the poor, the outcast, BUT:

Democrats favor abortion. They have to be the bad guys.

This I know to be certain.

If Democrats ever figured out abortion is wrong, I might see it their way on every other issue.

I am often confused by the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

But the Catholic 'Church, before all other churches, has held steady in their opposition to abortion.

The Catholic Church is the one true church because it alone holds to the truth, prevailing against the forces of public opinion.

The CC has always been a bastion of corruption, pedophilia and tyranny.

The CC has always been a bastion of corruption, pedophilia and tyranny.
That is confusing.

But this I know.

It is the only church that is holding out on divorce and remarriage, women priests, vows of chastity for the religious, married priests, birth control, and abortion.

It must be true, despite all the bad that has happened.

indeed.. What i said was true.
Yes, but that doesn't change anything.

The men who run the Church do bad things because they are sinners.

Christ never promised the men who ran his Church would be perfect men who don't ever sin.

Yes, but that doesn't change anything.

The men who run the Church do bad things because they are sinners.

Christ never promised the men who ran his Church would be perfect men who don't ever sin.
the men who run the church are the ones keeping the barbaric rules in place that you appreciate so much.
I see why you are confused because you are confusing me on what you actually think.

The 63 million aborted since RvW would mostly be alive to day.....Along with their progeny.....I think we caught a huge break as a country......But what do I know being a heathen and all. ;)

Do you realize that the population of the US is 1/3+ greater in 2020 than it was in 1950?

The confusion created by the sex scandals of the Catholic Church will lead to the loss of many souls. The men responsible will be held accountable at their judgment. However, viewed against the confusion created by the division of all other churches, the unity and truth of the Catholic Church is like a lighthouse in the fog.

The confusion created by the sex scandals of the Catholic Church will lead to the loss of many souls. The men responsible will be held accountable at their judgment. However, viewed against the confusion created by the division of all other churches, the unity and truth of the Catholic Church is like a lighthouse in the fog.
The leftwing and its media coverage lead so many souls to hell. Outlets that specialize in hatred and division like HuffPo are pure evil.

The world is confusing, but one thing I know: abortion is wrong.

This clears the confusion when I see Democrats claim to be the compassionate ones, they advocate the cause of minorities, the homeless, illegal aliens, the poor, the outcast, BUT:

Democrats favor abortion. They have to be the bad guys.

If Democrats ever figured out abortion is wrong, I might see it their way on every other issue.

I am often confused by the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

But the Catholic 'Church, before all other churches, has held steady in their opposition to abortion.

The Catholic Church is the one true church because it alone holds to the truth, prevailing against the forces of public opinion.
Well, most Churches are not for abortion and never were. So, the only reason you can say the RCC was against abortion first is because it began as an organized Church in 590 A.D. - Trace the History of the Roman Catholic Church
Many see it as 325 A.D. - 325 CE: The First Council of Nicaea converged by Roman Emperor Constantine I. The Council attempted to structure church leadership around a model similar to that of the Roman system, and also formalized key articles of faith.

But, in our modern day America, since Roe in 1973, Most all Churches were against abortion. The majority did allow for things like the health of the mother, rape and incest. The Catholic Church held out for some unknown stupid reason for those instances. And, even in those instances, there are women who still would not get an abortion and die so that the baby would live. You still see this but for the most part, society has gone downhill when it comes to the sanctity of human life and meaning. So, the RCC is not the one true church because of its stance on abortion. That is really short-sighted. It's not even the one true Church anyways.

Forum List

Back