Zone1 Mega Millions Billion Dollar Lottery - Your Ticket to Destruction

Speaking of the lottery, do you remember the 2018 $1.3 billion winner in Simpsonville, South Carolina. I read an article the other day where the winner of that jackpot hired a "Lottery Attorney" and he stole $83 Million dollars from her! He had access to her bank account and starting taking money for investments. (first mistake) and come to find out this Lottery Attorney was stealing from ALL his lottery winners!
That kind of money brings out the crooks and can tempt good people into becoming bad. I'd use my financial guy. He'd probably up his fee to over a million a year just for handling it.

My former wife spent thousands on those stupid things and never won a dime. She always rationalized throwing money away by telling herself that SOMEONE has to win meanwhile there are people out there buying up hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of tickets.
I've seen many times people bring scratch off tickets/lottery tickets when they win perhaps 10 to 100 dollars, and what do they do?...they buy more tickets with the winnings.

People would be much better off putting 20 bucks in a cookie jar ever week....after a year or two, they can allow themselves to be the winner of the money and have a nice vacation or something.

I've seen many times people bring scratch off tickets/lottery tickets when they win perhaps 10 to 100 dollars, and what do they do?...they buy more tickets with the winnings.

People would be much better off putting 20 bucks in a cookie jar ever week....after a year or two, they can allow themselves to be the winner of the money and have a nice vacation or something.
Cashed in my winner from the big lottery. I bought a single ticket and matched three numbers including the power ball. $10 whole dollars. One would think it would be more.

Speaking of the lottery, do you remember the 2018 $1.3 billion winner in Simpsonville, South Carolina. I read an article the other day where the winner of that jackpot hired a "Lottery Attorney" and he stole $83 Million dollars from her! He had access to her bank account and starting taking money for investments. (first mistake) and come to find out this Lottery Attorney was stealing from ALL his lottery winners!
$83 million out of $1.3 billion is pocket change! It's about 6% which is probably far less than what the attorney was paid.

$83 million out of $1.3 billion is pocket change! It's about 6% which is probably far less than what the attorney was paid.
Winner took the lump sum which was $600 million and then they taxed that and state taxes so the winner likely got $300-400 million. Of that, the attorney stole $83 million of that....so now winner has about $250 million out of an original pot of $1.3 billion. I often wonder what it would be if someone took 30 years worth. I am thinking $29 million a year for 30 years.

Winner took the lump sum which was $600 million and then they taxed that and state taxes so the winner likely got $300-400 million. Of that, the attorney stole $83 million of that....so now winner has about $250 million out of an original pot of $1.3 billion. I often wonder what it would be if someone took 30 years worth. I am thinking $29 million a year for 30 years.
In Canada, the winner would have been handed a $1.3B cheque, tax free.

I think it's more fun playing a system and won $3600+ years ago. I bought a how to pick numbers book years ago and been following it on how to pick numbers.

The most I ever play is $10 for the Mega Millions.

Oh, if I win a billion dollars, then I'd build a children's hospital with the winnings. Like the OP says, it's suppose to be bad for you if you win too much.

I found something interesting. I was reading a 1794 newspaper from upstate New York, and there was an ad for a $20,000 lottery, an enormous sum for the day. I suppose back then, any private person or company could sponsor a lottery. This was back before the government got their mitts on everything.

Wouldn't it be cool to have that kind of unfettered marketplace again? You want to start a lottery? Start a lottery.
But alas, we will never see those wild wild west days again. The new U.S. was truly a frontier.

Now cue the morons who will say "But people need to be protected from crooks by the government". And now we look at our FBI and DOJ and the entire leftwing apparatus. Crooked as snakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back