McConnell Doubts Trump Can Save Presidency

C4D_C7VVUAIeMWe.jpg

mitch-mcconnell-made-s24-million-in-6-years-on-a-26593747.png

With this many enemies where are you going to get friends?

Last edited:
Here we go a message from the Republican Senate majority leader. The Trump Presidency cannot be saved. Talking to my political friend, this is no longer about just impeachment it's about handcuffs. Mueller had hired 30 criminal prosecutors, and experts in money laundering and Mitch Mc Connell clearly knows something or he would have never made that statement.

Trump has no friends, according to Newt Gingrich, Trump has been isolated. But this it's going to be much different than what happened to Richard Nixon, it's going to be payback time. Trumo is going to be charged with a crime and they're intent is to excort him out of the Oval office in handcuffs for payback for what he has done to the Republican party. They're intent is to destroy Trump completely.

There s plenty of evidence on collusion with Russia and for several months I have been wondering what they've been waiting for. They're going to destroy Donald Trump, every right wing talk show host that has supported him, everyone that has endorsed him along with his supporters. It's now personal. Paybacks are coming.

Got a link for that?

I am on my phone right now, but if you want a smidgen of the evidence on Trump just type in the evidence against Trump on us message board and go to that link.

Just wondering if it was a cut and paste, and why you didn't add a link.

You'll have to look up your own links tonight, I am not near a computer, but it's all over cnn.

“The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.

What was once an uneasy governing alliance has curdled into a feud of mutual resentment and sometimes outright hostility, complicated by the position of Mr. McConnell’s wife, Elaine L. Chao, in Mr. Trump’s cabinet, according to more than a dozen people briefed on their imperiled partnership. Angry phone calls and private badmouthing have devolved into open conflict, with the president threatening to oppose Republican senators who cross him, and Mr. McConnell mobilizing to their defense.”

McConnell, in Private, Doubts if Trump Can Save Presidency

And McConnell isn’t alone in realizing Trump is incapable of governing.

McConnell Doubts Trump Can Save Presidency

You put that the right way, for at this point, I've been hearing rumblings that it's less about saving Trump's presidency and more about preserving the integrity and significance of the office of the president. It's just quiet murmurings right now, but people are concerned about the extent to which Congress and the Court may have to go to constrain the powers of this president, and then after doing so, whether those constraints will be kept in place or removed when a more rational person becomes POTUS.

McConnell isn’t alone in realizing Trump is incapable of governing.

No, he's not alone, but he's sure "late to the game" in only now acknowledging the Shakespearean madness coalesced in Donald Trump. So far, in Trump we've seen tragic themes from Richard III, Julius Caesar, Lear and Macbeth just to name a few of The Bard's more well known works.

Though the English language has changed since the 16th century, human nature has not, and that is what The Bard depicted most ably. It's why his work endures supreme even today. One would think more than just English lit majors would have noticed the similarities and spoken up well before now. Oh, wait, they have; they just don't happen to be Republicans, perhaps?

Did you just watch Trump's AZ speech/rally? The man has lost it! He is delusional! Of course, McConnell doubts he'll endure! Of course, Bob Corker doesn't think the man is fit to be POTUS! What's scarier is that, apparently, thousands, millions (?) of Americans have notions -- I can't even call it "thinking" -- that mirror his!

Did you just watch Trump's AZ speech/rally? The man has lost it! He is delusional! Of course, McConnell doubts he'll endure! Of course, Bob Corker doesn't think the man is fit to be POTUS! What's scarier is that, apparently, thousands, millions (?) of Americans have notions -- I can't even call it "thinking" -- that mirror his!

There's a lot more to McConnell's statement than is at face value, or just a personal grievance between each other. The CEO of FUSION GPS who hired Christopher Steele, the retired M1-6 agent gave 10 hours of testimony and delivered 40,000 documents regarding that Dossier file that we heard about in January. The very next day is when Mitch McConnell made the statement that he doubts Trump can save his Presidency.

This is from Rachel Maddow who's ratings have soared past FOX News and CNN because she goes into DETAIL as to what has been happening on this Russian investigation. And NO it's NOT FAKE NEWS.
Dossier testimony would open new chapter in Trump Russia story

That dossier file on Trump has definitely come back to life. Steele delivered the original 36 page report to John McCain, who then put it on Obama's desk. Obviously Obama believed it, because he threw out all Russian diplomats around the same time.
The ex-spy who wrote the Trump dossier is nicknamed James Bond

x_lon_mi6_170113.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Last edited:

There's a lot more to McConnell's statement than is at face value. The CEO of FUSION GPS who hired Christopher Steele, the retired M1-6 agent gave 10 hours of testimony and delivered 40,000 documents regarding that Dossier file that we heard about in January. The very next day is when Mitch McConnell made the statement that he doubts Trump can save his Presidency.

This is from Rachel Maddow who's ratings have soared past FOX News and CNN because she goes into DETAIL as to what has been happening on this Russian investigation. And NO it's NOT FAKE NEWS.
Dossier testimony would open new chapter in Trump Russia story

That dossier file on Trump has definitely come back to life. Steele delivered the original 36 page report to John McCain, who then put it on Obama's desk. Obviously Obama believed it, because he threw out all Russian diplomates around the same time.
The ex-spy who wrote the Trump dossier is nicknamed James Bond

x_lon_mi6_170113.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

My sense is that the investigation has not for a long time been about figuring out what happened -- the people who matter already know what happened (the press and general public doesn't yet know it); you don't think all those closed-door hearings occurred, after which the committees haven't completed their work and through it all, after which all they found was that nothing untoward took place, do you? [1] -- but rather about finding the proof needed and that can be disclosed in open court/Congressional testimony to build a case that will withstand judicial review all the way to the SCOTUS. But for Congressional and other government leaders wanting to handle the matter in a way that allows the public to know the details of what happened, who did what, how "X, Y, Z" was done, I believe this "thing" would by now be near over and done. From what I've gleaned, the U.S. has intelligence methods and tools they don't want disclosed, and the currently available info would all but disclose/confirm them for all the wrong foreign organizations.

There are several ways to overcome the problem, but the main ones are:
  • Develop new methods and tools that make the ones used obsolete/irrelevant.
  • "Get over" the secrecy (i.e., declassify stuff as needed)
  • Find evidence that can be disclosed without giving up anything material.
  • Conduct the requisite trial(s) and "trial-like" proceedings (presentation of evidence, arguments, etc.) in closed-door court/sessions.
The decisions about which of those courses to undertake (realizing that multiple ones may be concurrently pursued) are neither easily nor quickly made, and the action items associated with each are similarly challenging and slow to effect.

Note:
  1. The answer might plausibly and for purely political reasons be "yes" were we to have an opposing-party Congress and presidency, but we don't have that. Politically speaking, GOP members of Congress, especially in the House where the "Russia" investigative process is somewhat more politicized than it is in the Senate, would like nothing more than to close the matter, issue their reports and move on.

“The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.

What was once an uneasy governing alliance has curdled into a feud of mutual resentment and sometimes outright hostility, complicated by the position of Mr. McConnell’s wife, Elaine L. Chao, in Mr. Trump’s cabinet, according to more than a dozen people briefed on their imperiled partnership. Angry phone calls and private badmouthing have devolved into open conflict, with the president threatening to oppose Republican senators who cross him, and Mr. McConnell mobilizing to their defense.”

Great....

President Pence.....

Suck on it.

Bottom line....McConnell AND the Trumpster are both a waste, who place their own sorry, fat asses above this nation's interests.

Oh...listen to the loser continue to blather about what's going.....like she knows.

This nation needs more government like it needs a hole in it's collective head (in you case, a change of air might help).

But you piss-for-brains can't stop acting like a set of baboons in a zoo.

Anything that damages the federal government is a good thing
Spoken like a true-blue, All-American patriot who truly loves his country.

/sarcasm
The federal government and the country are not one in the same... they have been on different sides for more than a century
Way to rationalize your wish to hurt America. You trump sheep are all the same.
The federal government is the enemy of the country, you must've lost all commonsense

Only way to clean the swamp is start kicking out the floppy-faced gators.

Amen!

It doesn't matter as long as Trump keeps his base.

Trump could rape a 5 year old girl on national t.v and his base would support him.

you are liar. I am trying to figure out how the mods let you back in but I am now going to bitch til you are gone permanently.
Interesting....personal attacks and admitting that you will stalk another poster.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back