McCain dead

Although I did not always agree with him, I am sorry for John McCain's loss, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I think that he always tried to do what he thought was right for the country within the parameters of what he thought this was.

To the politics types here on USMB, Sometimes he made the wrong choices. I will have to say that his selection of Sarah Palin, an entirely useless individual, as his running mate cost him dearly. I just don't know what got into him at the time. Her selection was a major blunder.
Calling human beings useless, how compassionate leftist of you. Attacking a PTA mom going to Governor shows you Leftards hate women.

This idiot didn’t know shit about an economy. All he knew was the military (half-assed most of the time) and that was it. Lost an election to Barack Obama? How? Thumbs down on repeal of the worst program ever. No use for this guy. Lefty will politicize his death. Obama will speak. In the end...McCain was not a hero...he was just a lying assed politician.

McCain survived The Hanoi Hilton.

He did it as a gesture to both the conservatives and Hillary supporters that were supporting him. It worked too. Palin helped him get the votes of people who hated him.

Too bad he was both a crappy candidate and campaigner.

actually, he was just fine as a candidate...

The problem was, there was no way in 2008, anyone could sell the notion that the Republicans deserved another 4 years. A wrecked and burning economy, two wars that were going nowhere... what was his argument?

Dear Board,

The Passing of John McCain is a sad moment for his family, friends and those that voted for him.

I for one respected the man and will say that those that bash him now after he died, well that is your choice.

My choice is to say John McCain was a hero in his life and I hope he is resting in peace and God bless him and hos Family and Friends...

Bruce T. Laney
The greatest American General of the Revolution was Benedict Arnold.

It’s how you finish the race is what people remember.

Americans are so glad McCain acted as he did.

"If there's a desire to have some family member fulfill the term, I imagine (Ducey) would be OK with it," he said. "If he makes a pick of somebody else, it's going to be a conservative Republican who, I would think, he would have great confidence in. So, I don't think there's going to be any impact."

Ducey faces a choice with enduring consequences after McCain's death

McCain, a true American, always treated Trump as he deserved.

RIP.
So...when the left were attacking McCain 10 years ago it was as deserved...until he got back on the reservation that is...now he is worthy of praise again?

RIP.

He's chuckling in his grave, picturing the steam coming out of Trump's ears right now. Obama is giving a eulogy, but Trump has been told NOT to even attend the funeral, per McCain's own wishes.

Dear Board,

The Passing of John McCain is a sad moment for his family, friends and those that voted for him.

I for one respected the man and will say that those that bash him now after he died, well that is your choice.

My choice is to say John McCain was a hero in his life and I hope he is resting in peace and God bless him and hos Family and Friends...

Bruce T. Laney

You are right. McCain was not a good man. The Keating 5 was but one example of his corruption.

McCain has assumed room temperature. Hope he is able to escape his demons. He, IMO, was a mentally challenged U.S. Representative.

The fact that Sen. McCain was mentally challenged is one that really hasn't been talked about that much since Obama schlonged him in 2008. McCain finished at the bottom of his class in military school, only getting in and finishing because his daddy was an admiral.

Dear Board,

Bruce T. Laney

You are right. McCain was not a good man. The Keating 5 was but one example of his corruption.

Then running against Obamacare only then to vote to keep it. Deep State ahole.

This idiot didn’t know shit about an economy. All he knew was the military (half-assed most of the time) and that was it. Lost an election to Barack Obama? How? Thumbs down on repeal of the worst program ever. No use for this guy. Lefty will politicize his death. Obama will speak. In the end...McCain was not a hero...he was just a lying assed politician.
McCain is the poster boy for Deep State.

Please allow me to repost my comment from another thread that underlines why McCain is not a role model:

"I don't buy the story " he was an honor student and no one knows why he turned to a life of crime" in order to forgive the guilty.

Even if McCain was tortured, his past is not an excuse for how he lived his life.

McCain was corrupt. Thousands lost life savings in what was a huge savings and loan scandal and the taxpayers had to foot the bill.

Keating 5. Read the details of his very close relationship to Charles Keating and how he acted on Keating's behalf. McCain spent time at Keating's home in the Bahamas, flew on Keating's private jet, received campaign donations, had McCain's wife buy into a Keating shopping center.......

McCain may have suffered but he was not a good man."

Sigh... not this again.

Okay, one more time. The problem with the Keating Five is that it was really the Keating Three.

Keating Five - Wikipedia

After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committeedetermined in 1991 that Cranston, DeConcini, and Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB's investigation of Lincoln Savings, with Cranston receiving a formal reprimand. Senators Glenn and McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".

All five senators served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they both retained their seats. McCain would go on to run for President of the United States twice, and was the Republican Party nominee in 2008.

The Ethics Committee ruled that the involvement of McCain in the scheme was also minimal, and he too was cleared of all charges against him.[55][56] McCain was criticized by the Committee for exercising "poor judgment" when he met with the federal regulators on Keating's behalf.[7] The report also said that McCain's "actions were not improper nor attended with gross negligence and did not reach the level of requiring institutional action against him....Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate."[59] On his Keating Five experience, McCain has said: "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."[7]

He did it as a gesture to both the conservatives and Hillary supporters that were supporting him. It worked too. Palin helped him get the votes of people who hated him.

The problem was, there was no way in 2008, anyone could sell the notion that the Republicans deserved another 4 years. A wrecked and burning economy, two wars that were going nowhere... what was his argument?
Actually the voter turn out was only 2% higher than 2004. With Conservative turn out being a little over 1% less than 2004. Black voter turn out being extremely high.

Had nothing to do with the " issues" and everything to do with McCain being hated by conservatives and Obama being black.

How do you figure that McCain was "fine" as a candidate at all? He allowed the Democrat Party enemy to crap all over him, without response.

B. Hussein O's surrogate ripped him a new one daily for alleged racism, fascism, nazism, and being another Hitler. McCain was attacked for his dozen homes, abandoning his first Old Lady for the blonde beer heiress he ended up shacking up with.

I think Democrats like him as a candidate because he was such a pushover.

The fact is that McCain is only elevated by the attacks of those who oppose him.

The governor may well appoint Cindy McCain who serve until at least the 2020 election.

Forum List

Back