McCain dead

Dear Board,

The Passing of John McCain is a sad moment for his family, friends and those that voted for him.

I for one respected the man and will say that those that bash him now after he died, well that is your choice.

My choice is to say John McCain was a hero in his life and I hope he is resting in peace and God bless him and hos Family and Friends...

Bruce T. Laney

Although I did not always agree with him, I am sorry for John McCain's loss, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I think that he always tried to do what he thought was right for the country within the parameters of what he thought this was.

To the politics types here on USMB, Sometimes he made the wrong choices. I will have to say that his selection of Sarah Palin, an entirely useless individual, as his running mate cost him dearly. I just don't know what got into him at the time. Her selection was a major blunder.

a great american has passed

Sad for his friends and family and, unless a person is an unrepentant mass murderer, I"m not going to take any pleasure in death, and I certainly do not for John McCain. But I will not miss him in the Senate either. He was an unreliable and often turncoat Senator, and I do not understand why Arizona kept electing him. Also do not appreciate what he did to Sarah Palin.

a great american has passed

Sad for his friends and family and, unless a person is an unrepentant mass murderer, I"m not going to take any pleasure in death, and I certainly do not for John McCain. But I will not miss him in the Senate either. He was an unreliable and often turncoat Senator, and I do not understand why Arizona kept electing him. Also do not appreciate what he did to Sarah Palin.
If only others could display this kind of gravitas and maturity.

I just received this article a few minutes ago. I know what my stance is but I won't comment except to say you can read this and make up your own mind.

McCain’s Deathbed Secret Just Came Out About What He Did To Men He Was In Captivity With

The biggest traitor in Washington D.C. might be none other than Senator John McCain. Disturbing information continues to emerge about his direct ties to Muslim terrorists and the London bomber, and how he’s owned and funded by Saudi terrorists and George Soros. Ever since Trump got into office, McCain has done everything in his power to subvert the President of the United States, which is a federal crime. As McCain continues to garner the sympathy of many Americans who still falsely believe he’s a Vietnam “war hero,” it’s time that we finally set the record straight about the unbelievable things McCain did during his time in the military, before McCain dies and nauseating tributes are made about his “service” in Vietnam.

It’s important to note that due to McCain’s familial ties to high ranking Naval commanders during his time in service (his father and grandfather were both four-star admirals), the majority of McCain’s massive catastrophes and scandals in the Navy were completely buried, and his military records sealed.

As FD reported several weeks ago how John McCain was solely responsible for the horrifying atrocity aboard the USS Forrestal Aircraft Carrier on July 31 1967, where McCain’s cocky maneuver of doing a “wet start” of his plane would go on to kill 134 sailors, in the deadliest loss of life the Navy has ever seen. But because of McCain’s daddy being a 4-star admiral, the entire incident was buried, and the Navy never officially put blame on anyone for the tragedy.

Astonishingly, McCain would not only be allowed to continue serving in the Navy, but would go on to be responsible for the deaths of numerous other men, in a scandal that has been successfully buried for decades.

McCain’s Deathbed Secret Just Came Out About What He Did To Men He Was In Captivity With -

The bullshit about his causing the Forrestal fire is just that. The flight deck cameras clearly show a Zuni rocket being fired down the deck and hitting the parked aircraft,

People need to stop being malicious twat-sockets. It sickens me to no end who stupid people can be. McCain may be a RINO, put people need to stop making up lies about the man because they didn't like his politics.

CNN reporting John McCain requested that both
George W Bush and
Barack Obama deliver eulogies at his funeral.
Did he request that Trump be barred from entry?
think he did but a ways back
I can't imagine Trump attending his funeral. There will probably be a private celebration in the White House.

Trump's problem with McCain is the same as it is with anyone that makes decisions based on ethical and moral considerations. Trump just doesn't understand why they would make decisions not based on their own self interest. Why they would put the good the country above their own interest is just beyond him.

McCain made decisions based on ethical and moral considerations? Which ones? Certainly none that I'm aware of. McCain fucked his entire party by voting against the repeal of Obamacare. How's that for not placing your own welfare against the welfare of the country? McCain sponsored a bill to repeal the First Amendment. The man was a class-A douchebag.
oh, we gotta see a link for this!
It's called the McCain/Feingold bill, dumbass.

I'd like to see Superstar Billy Graham appointed to serve out the rest of McCain's term. I don't know where he stands on the issues, but Graham knows how to give a good speech. Graham is from Paradise, AZ.

That would be a good trick. He's dead too. :lol:
Well, one is dead....The other is still signing autographs at rassling expo-fest-a-ramas....

View attachment 212992
That rock jawed American Icon? The guy that also accidentally shot up the USS Forestall? And may have killed 130 American sailors? Son of a Admiral kiddo? That GUY? Survivor of the Hanoi Hilton? Somebody Trump couldn't imagine in his wildest wet dream of becoming? That Guy?

Didn't happen. Have a nice day!

McCain was a swabby, and that is cool. I think he may have killed more Americans than North Vietnamese though, 130 + on the USS Forestall. If I was a rich elitist white boy, with such a legacy, I might want to atone for it and be a senator or something.
Wow...you really believe that crap about McCain causing the Forrestal fire? :777:
Yes, and no. He was certainly involved in it. Faulty this or that, misjudgments he was certainly WAS involved. Let's see if the deaths of 130 American sailors are brought as part of his legacy. We shall see where that goes.

Yeah he was involved. He barely escaped being incinerated. You need to just stop perpetuating the lie.

Well the Senate is now back at 51-49.

The Gov must appoint a replacement from the same party.

They'll hold the spot until the 2018 election, and then their will
be a special election to finish out his term.

Incorrect. It is the 2020 election. That person will serve until 2022 when McCain's term would have ended.

If that's true, I'm ok with it.

But I read where Ariz's Gov would appoint a replacement immediately
and a special election would be held when the next statewide election
was held. (Which would be 2018)

Filling vacancies in the U.S. Senate - Ballotpedia

There is not enough time to hold the election in just over 2 months.

WHO did McCain wish to speak at his funeral?? Go on stupid ,,,tell us
Who gives a shit what that piece of shit wanted, he was a career politician who screwed over the citizens of this country....
CNN reporting John McCain requested that both
George W Bush and
Barack Obama deliver eulogies at his funeral.
Did he request that Trump be barred from entry?
think he did but a ways back
I can't imagine Trump attending his funeral. There will probably be a private celebration in the White House.

Trump's problem with McCain is the same as it is with anyone that makes decisions based on ethical and moral considerations. Trump just doesn't understand why they would make decisions not based on their own self interest. Why they would put the good the country above their own interest is just beyond him.
McCain didn't put the good of the country first. He voted the way he did to get back at his enemies. The man was spiteful .

Although I did not always agree with him, I am sorry for John McCain's loss, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I think that he always tried to do what he thought was right for the country within the parameters of what he thought this was.

To the politics types here on USMB, Sometimes he made the wrong choices. I will have to say that his selection of Sarah Palin, an entirely useless individual, as his running mate cost him dearly. I just don't know what got into him at the time. Her selection was a major blunder.
Riiight...because if he just hadn't picked Sarah Palin the left wouldn't have trashed him but instead voted for him.

This idiot didn’t know shit about an economy. All he knew was the military (half-assed most of the time) and that was it. Lost an election to Barack Obama? How? Thumbs down on repeal of the worst program ever. No use for this guy. Lefty will politicize his death. Obama will speak. In the end...McCain was not a hero...he was just a lying assed politician.

Riiight...because if he just hadn't picked Sarah Palin the left wouldn't have trashed him but instead voted for him.

I know a couple of people who didn't vote for him because of Palin, and they maybe had a point.

Given that he died less than 10 years after running for President, it was clear he was not in good health. The stress of actually being president might well have taken too much of a toll on him, and it is pretty clear that Palin wasn't fit to be president.

We had our moments on other issues, but in most times McCain retained his dignity .Why did he pick Palin to run with him? She was/is just white-trash garbage. Major blunder.

Forum List

Back