Love It!… Sarah Palin Brings Her Own Big Gulp With Her to CPAC Speech (Video)

She really socked it to that... formerly Republican, Independent...

So, she didnt win the beauty pagent, didnt get the espn contract, quit as gov, lost the vice president thingy, was fired from fox, but she is speaking for the republicans! Yeah right.

That's it Sarah! Way to lead...

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

Extreme or Morbid Obese( BMI>40)

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

Number of Americans Overweight in 1960: 56.5 million

Number of Americans Overweight in 2006: 94.5 million

Number of Americans Obese in 1960: 24 million

Number of Americans Obese in 2006:
40 million

Number of American with extreme or morbid obesity in 1960:
1.6 million

Number of Americans with extreme or morbid obesity in 2006: 18.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

How on EARTH did this happen?!?

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

The data revealed that over the past 20 years:

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Food Portion Sizes Have Grown -- A Lot

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Fuck...this is Sarah Palin we're talking about. Who the hell am I kidding?

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

40 million

1.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Who decides your eating and drinking choices? You or somebody else?

What she did was very childish. I'll bet that is the first time she ever held a Big Gulp cup. There sure wasn't regular soda in it. Also, I'll bet it wasn't even full.

She was, is, and always will be, a phony!!!

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

40 million

1.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.

What she did was very childish. I'll bet that is the first time she ever held a Big Gulp cup. There sure wasn't regular soda in it. Also, I'll bet it wasn't even full.

She was, is, and always will be, a phony!!!

Like the slurpee comments ad naseum wasn't childish?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjaeMEvmHRc]From Beer Summits to Slurpee Summits - YouTube[/ame]

Urban Dictionary said:
Cum deposit left on skin needing to be slurped up.
She said, "Don't come in me, give me a slurpee."
Urban Dictionary: slurpee

She didn't offer a solution because it's not the job of the govt to solve perceived problematic eating problems.

Get it? Im sure you don't but I offered anyhow.

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

40 million

1.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.

Actually, you completely failed life if you think it is up to government to get involved in your personal choices concerning food. It's not the governments responsibility to intervene in the choices fat people (or thin people) make.

Forum List

Back