Love It!… Sarah Palin Brings Her Own Big Gulp With Her to CPAC Speech (Video)

That's it Sarah! Way to lead...

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

Extreme or Morbid Obese( BMI>40)

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

Number of Americans Overweight in 1960: 56.5 million

Number of Americans Overweight in 2006: 94.5 million

Number of Americans Obese in 1960: 24 million

Number of Americans Obese in 2006:
40 million

Number of American with extreme or morbid obesity in 1960:
1.6 million

Number of Americans with extreme or morbid obesity in 2006: 18.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

How on EARTH did this happen?!?

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

The data revealed that over the past 20 years:

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Food Portion Sizes Have Grown -- A Lot

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Fuck...this is Sarah Palin we're talking about. Who the hell am I kidding?

Who decides your eating and drinking choices? You or somebody else?

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.

I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans but you do support them right? on the ever increasing size of sodas. :cuckoo:yeah, it's a real epidemic I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. have you seen the pic of her in that sporty mini-skirt? She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her

it's called "theatrics", like tingle guy, showing just how large the obamacare care bill was, calling everyone that disagrees with you an extremist.

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.

Actually, you completely failed life if you think it is up to government to get involved in your personal choices concerning food. It's not the governments responsibility to intervene in the choices fat people (or thin people) make.

Failed in life? Wow, little hyperbolic aren't we?

I was not suggesting "gubmit solutions" to the problem, but Sarah had an opportunity to point out that obesity is a problem that needs combating. Sell your "free market" principles all you want to, but acknowledge the fucking problem instead of making "the first lady is a fatass" jokes.

Actually, you completely failed life if you think it is up to government to get involved in your personal choices concerning food. It's not the governments responsibility to intervene in the choices fat people (or thin people) make.

Zoom, right over your head.

I do believe that Seawytch said gov't intervention is not necessary; but guidance from conservative "leaders" and concern for our fellow citizens' health should be something that Caribou Barbie and conservatives should strive for; instead of taking cheap shots (at former Republican mayors) during childish publicity stunts.

Last edited:

I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans but you do support them right? on the ever increasing size of sodas. :cuckoo:yeah, it's a real epidemic I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. have you seen the pic of her in that sporty mini-skirt? She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her

it's called "theatrics", like tingle guy, showing just how large the obamacare care bill was, calling everyone that disagrees with you an extremist.

No, I don't support them. I do, however, acknowledge that there is a problem and am eager to hear solutions from all sides.

Palin offered none...as is expected of her. Cute and dumb, she plays it well. Great for fucking, not for governing.

So, she didnt win the beauty pagent, didnt get the espn contract, quit as gov, lost the vice president thingy, was fired from fox, but she is speaking for the republicans! Yeah right.

Given that losing portfolio, I'd say she's the perfect Republican icon.

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

40 million

1.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Conservatives don't tell people what to eat, or how much.

She didn't offer a solution because it's not the job of the govt to solve perceived problematic eating problems.

Get it? Im sure you don't but I offered anyhow.

Perceived? A big first step is acknowledging that there is a problem.

The latest national security threat: obesity
And the most obese are those living in red states, the trailer dwelling bible thumping uneducated neanderthals !

Top 10 Fat States: Where Obesity Rates Are Highest - US News and World Report

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

40 million

1.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

The pear-shaped, fat, obese and hypocritical First Lady yaks enough about obesity.

The reason why we have more obese people today than we did in 1960 is because the standards were changed in 1998. In one second, 30 million people who were not obese were suddenly obese. They didn't gain an ounce.

Fattening the Obesity Statistics, Arnold Kling, GQE | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

In 1998, the U.S. Government changed the standards by which body mass index is measured. As a result, close to 30 million Americans were shifted from a government-approved weight to the overweight and obese category, without gaining an ounce, Burrita said.
William Quick adds this analysis:

According to an American Medical Association report, 14.5 % of Americans in 1980 were obese, a total of 32,700,000 (based on a population of 226,000,000). If, as the above article states, the numbers of obese Americans have "doubled" in the past twenty years, this would mean there are now about 66 million of them. But thirty million of those fatties were created by a change in definition, so by the standards of 1980 [we would calculate an] obesity percentage of 12.85 percent, an actual decrease in obesity percentage since 1980.

Again liberals are full of crap.

I was not suggesting "gubmit solutions" to the problem, but Sarah had an opportunity to point out that obesity is a problem that needs combating. Sell your "free market" principles all you want to, but acknowledge the fucking problem instead of making "the first lady is a fatass" jokes.

Hyperbole?
Please cite a negative post of mine concerning the First Lady. (you won't find one, so stop with your bullshit)
Obesity is a problem in the USA, but it is not the governments role to fix it. If you think it is the governments role, please cite the article in the US Constitution that states such a role.

The reason why we have more obese people today than we did in 1960 is because the standards were changed in 1998. In one second, 30 million people who were not obese were suddenly obese. They didn't gain an ounce.

Fattening the Obesity Statistics, Arnold Kling, GQE | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

In 1998, the U.S. Government changed the standards by which body mass index is measured. As a result, close to 30 million Americans were shifted from a government-approved weight to the overweight and obese category, without gaining an ounce, Burrita said.
William Quick adds this analysis:

According to an American Medical Association report, 14.5 % of Americans in 1980 were obese, a total of 32,700,000 (based on a population of 226,000,000). If, as the above article states, the numbers of obese Americans have "doubled" in the past twenty years, this would mean there are now about 66 million of them. But thirty million of those fatties were created by a change in definition, so by the standards of 1980 [we would calculate an] obesity percentage of 12.85 percent, an actual decrease in obesity percentage since 1980.

Again liberals are full of crap.
Ferchissakes.

Have you LOOKED at the average American these days?

Buncha fatty fats.

I do believe that Seawytch said gov't intervention is not necessary; but guidance from conservative "leaders" and concern for our fellow citizens' health should be something that Caribou Barbie and conservatives should strive for; instead of taking cheap shots (at former Republican mayors) during childish publicity stunts.
Seawytch and you seem to think that somehow government should be involved (offering solutions) where they have no business.
Smart people seek their own solutions, they don't rely on government.

Hyperbole?
Please cite a negative post of mine concerning the First Lady. (you won't find one, so stop with your bullshit)
Obesity is a problem in the USA, but it is not the governments role to fix it. If you think it is the governments role, please cite the article in the US Constitution that states such a role.

Yes, hyperbole. Making the claim that I am a "failure in life" for expressing an opinion on Palin's lack of leadership is hyperbole.

I was not suggesting that YOU personally are telling fatass first lady jokes, only that any discussion on obesity and what the FLOTUS is doing to combat our ever-increasing (pun intended) problem ends up that way (you can see an example just a few posts up)

It is the government's job to address it. It is a national health and security concern. If there was an infectious disease that was killing as many Americans, it would be the governments job to "fix it". Since it isn't, however, those in leadership roles, should be addressing it.

Seawytch and you seem to think that somehow government should be involved (offering solutions) where they have no business.
Smart people seek their own solutions, they don't rely on government.

You must not look up too often. Nobody said gov't should tell people what to eat. Sarah isn't part of the gov't. She's a conservative leader (believe it or not). Instead of playing games, she should be addressing a real problem -- obesity. It is a real problem. But go ahead and gargle Mountain Dew and eat double mc bacon cheeseburgers. I'm sure you'll be in top shape when the gov't comes after you.

Forum List

Back