losers - GOP $24 billion, GM $10.9 billion...

The GOP's government shutdown cost US $24 billion, .05% of GDP and 120,000 jobs.
The government loan to GM cost US $10.9 billion, saved 1,000,000 jobs and kept the recession from becoming a depression.

This is one of the most dumbest OP's I ever read....

American Airlines filed for Bankruptcy and they kept on flying and are still in Business, the bail out of GM was all about the pensions and the Union Vote. GM would have never went.any where if they filed for Bankruptcy what do you think were idiots?

More far left propaganda!

Yes, NYcarbineer doesn't grasp the concept of opportunity cost. The $11 billion government lost would have stayed in the economy and generated taxes as well, without starting in a $11 billion hole.

Come on, you're really not so dumb as to believe ... I guess you are. Let's wonder how much income tax revenue was generated by the taxes paid by those whose jobs were saved, how much in sales taxes were generated by purchases by these employees and those who purchased the car and trucks they produced?

With Chrysler the corporate taxes benefited Italy not the US.

These people would still have been spending money regardless if GM stayed open or not.

However the situation in Detroit would show that it did not what some think it did. As many of the union workers lived in the high end suburbs vs the city.

--------

Rise of the suburbs

...snip....

People in well-off suburban areas also made it impossible for Detroit to expand via annexation by incorporating unannexable charter townships with as few as 750 residents all around the city. As a result the Detroit Metro area has 330 local governments.

...snip...

After several months of negotiations, Orr was ultimately unable to come to a deal with Detroit's creditors, unions, and pension boards[1] and therefore filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in the Eastern District of Michigan U.S. Bankruptcy Court on July 18, 2013.[45] On July 18, 2013, Detroit filed for Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy, the largest U.S. city ever to do so, with outstanding financial obligations to more than 100,000 creditors totaling approximately $18.5 billion.

Decline of Detroit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the gop is in the minority and yet, they somehow get all the credit for the shutdown

:lol:

hilarious they are not entitled to negotiate for anything, because they are in the minority, but they can get all the blame for the shutdown

dems are sissys

Yep. Taxpayers 'lost' a lot more than $11 billion dollars a month on the Iraq Fiasco which went on for years. That said, there were many pluses in the article which you either ignored or chose to ignore - lies by omission are as dishonest as lies by commission.

both parties authorized and funded the Iraq fiasco. just as they did viet nam, kosovo, and afghanistan. our foreign policy is a bi-partisan fuck up.

I'm not arguing with your point above, but consider nobody died or were maimed by the purchase of GM Stocks and jobs were created producing durable goods which support an entire industry. War profits profiteers and takes from all of us, especially so the war in Iraq and the war in Vietnam.

money spent on wars and defense goes almost exclusively to american companies and american blue collar union workers. Who do you think builds tanks, planes, ships, ammo, guns, boots, uniforms, armor, humvees? american industry, thats who.

I agree that the recent wars were terrible wastes of money and lives, but to claim that americans do not benefit from defense spending is just a lie.

Yes, NYcarbineer doesn't grasp the concept of opportunity cost. The $11 billion government lost would have stayed in the economy and generated taxes as well, without starting in a $11 billion hole.

Come on, you're really not so dumb as to believe ... I guess you are. Let's wonder how much income tax revenue was generated by the taxes paid by those whose jobs were saved, how much in sales taxes were generated by purchases by these employees and those who purchased the car and trucks they produced?
Come on, you're really not so dumb as to believe ... I guess you are. :lmao:

You are so clever handbag, you must have a wonderful Muse.

BTW, you failed to acknowledge the obvious truth of my post and could not offer a counterpoint. Are you really so dumb ... ? Yep, I need not guess, you are!

More far left talking points/propaganda

And the far left just continues to post their propaganda.

Alert! Far left propaganda! Alert!

Even more far left propaganda!

who invited this rw intellectual titan to the boards. :tomato: I'm shaking in my boots. :doubt: He posted the above in the span of three pages. Not only is he a FAILtroll but a spammer as well :thup:

As to the OP, its entirely different when Repubs blow ginormous wads of taxpayer cash (that they borrowed :eusa_shhh: ) w/ dubious to negative results. It just is.

Last edited:

And the far left just continues to post their propaganda.

who invited this rw intellectual titan to the boards. :tomato: I'm shaking in my boots. He posted the above in the span of three pages. Not only is he a FAILtroll but a spammer as well :thup:

As to the OP, its just different when Repubs blow ginormous wads of cash (tht they borrowed :eusa_shhh: ) w/ dubious to negative results. It just is.

And once again the far left uses nothing but propaganda as their "facts".

And obviously the far left does not like it when their "facts" are actually shown to be far left propaganda

BTW, you failed to acknowledge the obvious truth of my post and could not offer a counterpoint. Are you really so dumb ... ? Yep, I need not guess, you are!
What is obvious is that you are an economic ignoramus.

Give me $10 billion of taxpayer money and I'll buy all sorts of stuff and pay all kinds of taxes too.

What do you think the taxpayers that got bilked out of the money would have done with it, buried in mason jars in their back yards?

Give me $10 billion of taxpayer money and I'll buy all sorts of stuff and pay all kinds of taxes too.

What do you think the taxpayers that got bilked out of the money would have done with it, buried in mason jars in their back yards?

Wrycatcher isn't the most ignorant poster on this board. But that's because the competition is fierce. He does have good stories about cocksucking though, owing to his long career in LE.
He has no "obvious truth" in any of his posts. And his rebuttals consist of "thanks for playing."

both parties authorized and funded the Iraq fiasco. just as they did viet nam, kosovo, and afghanistan. our foreign policy is a bi-partisan fuck up.

I'm not arguing with your point above, but consider nobody died or were maimed by the purchase of GM Stocks and jobs were created producing durable goods which support an entire industry. War profits profiteers and takes from all of us, especially so the war in Iraq and the war in Vietnam.

money spent on wars and defense goes almost exclusively to american companies and american blue collar union workers. Who do you think builds tanks, planes, ships, ammo, guns, boots, uniforms, armor, humvees? american industry, thats who.

I agree that the recent wars were terrible wastes of money and lives, but to claim that americans do not benefit from defense spending is just a lie.

So the guy who told me earlier today that the government doesn't create jobs is full of shit?

I'll pass that on to him.

who invited this rw intellectual titan to the boards. :tomato: I'm shaking in my boots. He posted the above in the span of three pages. Not only is he a FAILtroll but a spammer as well :thup:

As to the OP, its just different when Repubs blow ginormous wads of cash (tht they borrowed :eusa_shhh: ) w/ dubious to negative results. It just is.

And obviously the far left does not like it when their "facts" are actually shown to be far left propaganda

Please define "far left"? (this should be funny).

Some would have put it into an account in a bank on the Cayman Islands (ask Mitt Romney for a suitable one), I doubt Mitt and Co., the 1%er's, ever buried their money. Some might have invested with AIG or with Bernie Maddoff - how well did they make out?

I'm still waiting for the other idiot to define "far left"; maybe you might give it a go.

Last edited:

Some would have put it into an account in a bank on the Cayman Islands (ask Mitt Romney for a suitable one), I doubt Mitt and Co., the 1%er's, ever buried their money. Some might have invested with AIG or with Bernie Maddoff - how well did they make out?
I've been to a world's fair, a picnic and a rodeo, and that's about the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted.

What about the hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers who got scammed in the bailouts? Would they have just socked their money away in the Caymans, or would they probably have spent their money in the economy and generated all sorts of tax revenue too?

I'm still waiting for the other idiot to define "far left"; maybe you might give it a go.
Look in a mirror.

I've been to a world's fair, a picnic and a rodeo, and that's about the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted.

What about the hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers who got scammed in the bailouts? Would they have just socked their money away in the Caymans, or would they probably have spent their money in the economy and generated all sorts of tax revenue too?

Look in a mirror.

How's your math, handbag? Even if we exclude the 1% who pay >15% on their federal income tax, how much of the $11 Billion divided by "hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers" would they have "to buy all kinds of things"?

Did you suffer the head injury and subsequent brain damage at the world's fair, or did you drink too much at the picnic and fall off the table on a rock? Or, maybe it was the bull you slung at the rodeo - you have a lot of bull and that could cause serious brain damage.

Your kind likes to call everyone who holds opinions which differ from your own "far left" and yet, not one of your kind has even tried to define a word so common in their posts. What kind is your kind you ask (well, maybe you didn't but who the hell cares) the Echo Chamber kind - but that actually is an oxymoron as there is nothing kind about a callous conservative.

Well if you don't know who you are then why should I define it for you?

Typical far left.

So you don't believe in wealth redistribution?

So putting money in a bank in the Cayman's is like burying cash in your backyard? Is that what you're saying?

Look in a mirror.

How's your math, handbag? Even if we exclude the 1% who pay >15% on their federal income tax, how much of the $11 Billion divided by "hundreds of millions of regular everyday taxpayers" would they have "to buy all kinds of things"?

Did you suffer the head injury and subsequent brain damage at the world's fair, or did you drink too much at the picnic and fall off the table on a rock? Or, maybe it was the bull you slung at the rodeo - you have a lot of bull and that could cause serious brain damage.

Your kind likes to call everyone who holds opinions which differ from your own "far left" and yet, not one of your kind has even tried to define a word so common in their posts. What kind is your kind you ask (well, maybe you didn't but who the hell cares) the Echo Chamber kind - but that actually is an oxymoron as there is nothing kind about a callous conservative.

The far left hijacked the Democrats openly back in the Carter years and has been in charge ever since.

They like you want the government to control every aspect of you life (except for the rich white male far left elitists).

Typical far left.

In other words "I dun dar diz an inbred right winger. Da yellow haired girls on the fox newses sez that everything except what they tell me is "far left" and not to believe it, only dem. Yeeee haw!"

Typical far left.

In other words "I dun dar diz an inbred right winger. Da yellow haired girls on the fox newses sez that everything except what they tell me is "far left" and not to believe it, only dem. Yeeee haw!"

Another far left Obama drone with far left propaganda.

Forum List

Back