losers - GOP $24 billion, GM $10.9 billion...

You are so clever handbag, you must have a wonderful Muse.

BTW, you failed to acknowledge the obvious truth of my post and could not offer a counterpoint. Are you really so dumb ... ? Yep, I need not guess, you are!

What you said was "true," but you completely did not grasp my point. Seriously, when I use terms you don't understand, like "opportunity cost," why don't liberals google it? Why do you post showing you didn't get it and didn't learn it? I google every term or idea I didn't know. But then I care about truth.

Opportunity cost here refers to that the money did not come from nowhere. It was taking OUT of the economy where it would have done all the things you mentioned anyway. So the things you mentioned did happen at GM, but that was offset by that they didn't happen where the money was taken from.

And the price we paid was more debt for taxpayers. Companies that invested wisely were punished by competing with taxpayer subsidized cars. That is what you did not grasp. And the handbag did. She actually is a clever handbag, and you're not.

Nice try. What would be the result if GM had failed? Or under restructuring, what might have been the outcome? Lower wages, less benefits, an inferior product, hence less sales, a falling stock? Or do some think restructuring wouldn't create industry havoc?

Coming to conclusions and making policy which must fit within an ideology is what go us into the economic mess known as the Great Recession. Refusing to 'bail out" GM and Chrysler based on an ideology would have been foolish and catastrophic to the families of GM & Chrysler Employees, their suppliers and the sales force around the country. In the middle of massive layoffs how many more would have lost their jobs?

total horseshit---------the end result would have been several new smaller more efficient companies.

those new companies would have had union representation votes---the UAW could not take the chance of losing that many dues paying members and the DNC could not take the chance of losing millions from the UAW.

the bailouts were done to save the UAW, nothing more.

The economy grew well over 3% last quarter. So remind me how the shutdown cost anything.
More lies and talking points from desperate leftists.
But thanks for pointing out that the taxpayer took it in the ass from "saving" GM. The only defense is the usual "it would have been worse otherwise."

Despite the small loss from the GM bailout, the long term implications will lead to much greater tax revenue than the little that was lost. GM is now strong and thriving due to the bailout. That means tax revenue is coming in that would have been lost had GM failed. I really have to laugh when you guys cry over $10 billion or so that helped save an entire American industry but have no problem with us spending close to $1 trillion per year on defense and related spending.

more bullshit left wing lying talking points :eusa_whistle:

BTW, you failed to acknowledge the obvious truth of my post and could not offer a counterpoint. Are you really so dumb ... ? Yep, I need not guess, you are!

What you said was "true," but you completely did not grasp my point. Seriously, when I use terms you don't understand, like "opportunity cost," why don't liberals google it? Why do you post showing you didn't get it and didn't learn it? I google every term or idea I didn't know. But then I care about truth.

Opportunity cost here refers to that the money did not come from nowhere. It was taking OUT of the economy where it would have done all the things you mentioned anyway. So the things you mentioned did happen at GM, but that was offset by that they didn't happen where the money was taken from.

And the price we paid was more debt for taxpayers. Companies that invested wisely were punished by competing with taxpayer subsidized cars. That is what you did not grasp. And the handbag did. She actually is a clever handbag, and you're not.

Nice try. What would be the result if GM had failed? Or under restructuring, what might have been the outcome? Lower wages, less benefits, an inferior product, hence less sales, a falling stock? Or do some think restructuring wouldn't create industry havoc?

Coming to conclusions and making policy which must fit within an ideology is what go us into the economic mess known as the Great Recession. Refusing to 'bail out" GM and Chrysler based on an ideology would have been foolish and catastrophic to the families of GM & Chrysler Employees, their suppliers and the sales force around the country. In the middle of massive layoffs how many more would have lost their jobs?
Inferior products? Chevys always have been pieces of crap. The Only thing worse is Fords.

The GOP's government shutdown cost US $24 billion, .05% of GDP and 120,000 jobs.
The government loan to GM cost US $10.9 billion, saved 1,000,000 jobs and kept the recession from becoming a depression.

But didn't Obama shut down the Government when he held the country hostage with a gun to the economies head?

Man talking points are getting dumber each day! Thanks star for proving that.

You addressed exactly zero of the points I made to you. All you did was repeat your points. Get back to me when you have at least a basic knowledge of economics and finance. If you had it, you'd have understood what I told you.

The economy grew well over 3% last quarter. So remind me how the shutdown cost anything.
More lies and talking points from desperate leftists.
But thanks for pointing out that the taxpayer took it in the ass from "saving" GM. The only defense is the usual "it would have been worse otherwise."

Despite the small loss from the GM bailout, the long term implications will lead to much greater tax revenue than the little that was lost. GM is now strong and thriving due to the bailout. That means tax revenue is coming in that would have been lost had GM failed. I really have to laugh when you guys cry over $10 billion or so that helped save an entire American industry but have no problem with us spending close to $1 trillion per year on defense and related spending.

Of course it's all lies and deception. :cuckoo: BTW, I am far from being left wing. Of course to anyone who is so far to the right, being anywhere close to center must look very far left to you.

total horseshit---------the end result would have been several new smaller more efficient companies.

those new companies would have had union representation votes---the UAW could not take the chance of losing that many dues paying members and the DNC could not take the chance of losing millions from the UAW.

Exactly. The government propped up a failed company with taxpayer money, took money from successful companies to do it and harmed successful car companies who won in the marketplace because they had to compete against a company propped up by confiscated money. Only a liberal would see that as an economic win.

Google "creative destruction" sometime.
The result would have been a "new" GM unburdened with legacy costs and free to produce cars people actually wanted to buy. The taxpayer would be saved the cost of the bailout. The workers laid off would have found jobs elsewhere. You think GM makes cars and then drops them into the ocean? No, there is demand for cars and the other makers would increase production to meet demand.
The results would be a more efficient, lower cost, higher quality of cars on the road.
You dont understand this because your business experience consists of hookers and johns.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish
Special flights brought in tonnes of banknotes which disappeared into the war zone
How many of you right winger Obama/American worker haters ever think about this and bitch like their is no tomorrow of where this money went.
How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian
While we are at it...how about this. Tell me what was the financial benefit to the US with this beauty.
War Costing $720 Million Each Day, Group Says
Not to mention the lost of US soldiers. And now when those gallant soldiers need our help with SNAP and other government assistance. To hell with them. They cost us precious money.
Iraq War Cost U.S. More Than $2 Trillion, Could Grow to $6 Trillion, Says Watson Institute Study

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish
Special flights brought in tonnes of banknotes which disappeared into the war zone
How many of you right winger Obama/American worker haters ever think about this and bitch like their is no tomorrow of where this money went.
How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian
While we are at it...how about this. Tell me what was the financial benefit to the US with this beauty.
Not to mention the lost of US soldiers. And now when those gallant soldiers need our help with SNAP and other government assistance. To hell with them. They cost us precious money.
Iraq War Cost U.S. More Than $2 Trillion, Could Grow to $6 Trillion, Says Watson Institute Study

$2T is about what Dems spend on elections in "walking around money."
This is relevant to GM why?

Of course it's all lies and deception. :cuckoo: BTW, I am far from being left wing. Of course to anyone who is so far to the right, being anywhere close to center must look very far left to you.

your posts contradict that claim. You are far left of center. I am much closer to the center and the majority of americans than you and your obama-worshiping clan.

your posts contradict that claim. You are far left of center. I am much closer to the center and the majority of americans than you and your obama-worshiping clan.

He's not left-wing.
He's left-field.
Anyone who doesn't understand why the GM bailout was the worst economic move since the Kelo decision doesnt understand jackshit.

Oh, Really. Explain exactly how that might have occurred? In detail since you are so sure of your convictions, you must know

Again, how do you know!!? If you can't answer this simple question the answer will be obvious. You don't know but you believe everything written or broadcast by those who spread hate and fear on the radio, TV and internet; and you echo the propaganda they spew.

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizens.

Last edited:
The govt can not create jobs. The private industry, taxpayer, funds the govt.

Have you noticed how well the private industry flourishes in Somalia? You might see if not afflicted by myopia the reasons for the failure of the Articles of Confederation. How well would private industry do if the products or services they hoped to market needed to use private roads - some paved, some gravel, some sand, some mud - and each had a toll gate?

No, they didn't do it all by themselves. First a strong central government replaced a weak confederation of states, then: the Gov't first put in the Rail Roads by providing the money and land; next, IKE built the nationwide public highway system; FDR the electrical grid and without these improvements we would still be a rural republic of the banana variety.

Because prior to FDR and Ike this country was a stagnant backwater, right?
Your boldness in posting utter crap without any self consciousness is really inspring. I think I'll go vomit.

Your ignorance is boundless Rabbi. See:

Rural Electrification Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might want to (well, if you're not totally willfully ignorant) read about the TVA too.

Last edited:
Have you noticed how well the private industry flourishes in Somalia? You might see if not afflicted by myopia the reasons for the failure of the Articles of Confederation. How well would private industry do if the products or services they hoped to market needed to use private roads - some paved, some gravel, some sand, some mud - and each had a toll gate?

No, they didn't do it all by themselves. First a strong central government replaced a weak confederation of states, then: the Gov't first put in the Rail Roads by providing the money and land; next, IKE built the nationwide public highway system; FDR the electrical grid and without these improvements we would still be a rural republic of the banana variety.

Your boldness in posting utter crap without any self consciousness is really inspring. I think I'll go vomit.

I have more knowledge in my little fingertip than you will ever get at this rate.
See here:
Coprophagia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, Really. Explain exactly how that might have occurred? In detail since you are so sure of your convictions, you must know

Again, how do you know!!? If you can't answer this simple question the answer will be obvious. You don't know but you believe everything written or broadcast by those who spread hate and fear on the radio, TV and internet; and you echo the propaganda they spew.

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizens.

How do you know? It's basic Econ 101, the subject you skipped to take volleyball instead.
Do you think other auto makers were not looking at GM's profitable business and wondering "how can we get that for ourselves"? Do you think the demand that GM experienced for its vehicles was just going to go away? Do you think the productive assets of the company simply vanish when it files bankruptcy?
It doesn't take a genius to know that if you let go of a rock it's going to drop. Pretty much the same here.

So the guy who told me earlier today that the government doesn't create jobs is full of shit?

I'll pass that on to him.

The govt can not create jobs. The private industry, taxpayer, funds the govt.

Are you seriously trying to make a comparison/contrast of capitalism here in the US against a terrorist mecca? You are definitely absurd and probably not even conscious of your own ignorance. Also, your misunderstanding of govt contracts with the private sector is noted. Those highways were built through contractors, paid for by the taxpayer. Why is this so difficult to understand? Its safe to assume that the amino acids in the primordial stew could have understood such a simple concept before they even became single celled. Alas, though, you're in CA and govt will always be there to hock cheap wares and you'll praise this as glowing success......just as you expressed your idea of a heaping success in the 10 billion dollar loss that the taxpayers ate from GM.

I have more knowledge in my little fingertip than you will ever get at this rate.
See here:

LOL, it's no wonder, given your engagements with Warrior, that Coprophagia is a topic of interest to you.

IMO, you see the world through Green Colored Glasses, your envy of those who have good union jobs with good benefits permeates your posts with bitterness and hate for your fellow citizen
s.
The irony runs thick, wry. You see this through your rose colored glasses. It's a shame that the unions and this administration are fleecing each others pockets willingly. In the end the unions destroyed the auto industry until our tax dollars bailed them out. :eusa_whistle:

See here:

LOL, it's no wonder, given your engagements with Warrior, that Coprophagia is a topic of interest to you.

My link was every bit as relevant as yours. Which is not to say not at all.
Missed that, eh?
You're avoiding debating the issues. Probably because you're going to get your ass handed to you, yet again.

Forum List

Back